Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Asking: $108,500 (USD)
Location: New Bern, NC
S/V Angel Louise is a North Carolina based 1987 Catalac 12M for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
We will allow her to be bought out from under us in this 13th year of continuous cruising.
S/V Angel Louise was built for the North Sea and all the worlds oceans - the Catalac Catamaran is strong but definitely not the fastest catamaran ever built. She is not a beauty queen but will see harbors and countries of the world lighter built pricier dock queens never get to. These British built boats were built for safety when early cats had flipped in high winds. The builder is reputed to have offered £20,000 pounds sterling if anyone could get a keel out of the water - many tried but no one could do it.
Powered by two relatively new - 37hp Yanmar 3JH5e engines, with a straight shaft to her 3 bladed props. Raymarine networked electronics, AIS & Radar, and autopilot connected to both inside and outside helms. 2 separate VHFs (1 with back-up passive AIS). Has large efficient refrigeration /freezer system, 3 burner stove & oven. Large 23” LED TV with connections to stream video. HiFi Sound system to all cabins & cockpit.
Interior layout is functional - no fiberglass inside. Walk straight thru vessel - only 2 small steps to lower levels & private cabins access. Large light interior cabin.
She has a full set of sails. Both front furling & upgraded behind the mast FACNOR system for safe in cockpit sailing installed by Mack Sails. Additionally, we have supplied Angel Louise with an alternate 2nd replacement mast so she is interchangeably able to be fitted & used alternately as a Sailing Cat or as a Power Cat. (Her strong 3 cyl Yanmar diesels propel her faster than sails in most conditions). Sailing without stressing Angel Louise we regularly easily achieve 125-130 mile days sailing in the North Atlantic.
Electric head starboard and pvc connections to holding tank, with connected Raritan hold & treat type 1 MSD. 4 Large sea-worthy hatches open forward for great ventilation. Canvass covers for shade when at anchor. Equipped with 4 anchors - Spade, Bruce & 2 Fortresses plus chain.
Davron Dinghy-tow system and large AB aluminum RIB w/ 15 hp Yamaha 2 cycle OB motor are optional.
This vessel had extensively upgraded epoxy treatment years ago to protect hull from blistering. Safe high stainless rails all around vessel. Last surveyed for insurance company in 2014 and valued at $140,000 at that time. Accepted & insurance coverage by Pantaenius Insurance by us. We are willing to discount our price for new owner’s sweat equity updating with varnish & ongoing maintenance. Angel Louise is a big strong vessel that is an active cruiser, not a dock queen.
House power supplied from 8 Group 31 AGM batteries, which are maintained by 5 rail mounted solar panels and a large D-400 wind generator.
We have tried to price her fairly with a discount so she can go immediately to a new owner without delay. We are willing to talk. We continue to cruise this strong vessel. Full & additional details on request. We are at Vero Beach municipal marina as of March 2020, cruising slowly North up the North Atlantic Ocean coast.
Catalac 12M Cruising Catamaran
S/V Angel Louise Tradewind Sailing
|Designer||Tom Lack, Christchurch, England|
|Builder||Catalac Catamarans LTD|
|Hull No.||No.26 WFX12026E687||Flag||USA (Documented)|
|Length Overall:||40'10" ft / 12 m|
|LWL:||36 ft 0 in / 11.0 m (estimate: info is not provided in brochure)|
|Beam:||17 ft 4 in / 5.25 m|
|Headroom||6 ft 5 in / 1.9 m (hulls) 6 ft 1 in / 1.85 m bridge deck|
|Draft:||3' 6" / 1.07 m|
|Displacement:||24,500 lbs / 11100 Kgs dry|
|Mast Height:||48 ft 0 in / 14.65 m Above water|
|Sail Area:||Main: in cockpit Behind the mast FACNOR;
Genoa 410 sq ft (auto Furling);
Jib 349 sq ft; (auto Furling)
|Engines:||2 X 37 hp, Yanmar 3JH5E Diesel Engines coupled to Inboard Shaft Drive|
|Steering:||Hydraulic steering both from cockpit & inside helm|
|Speed:||Cruising - 6K @ 2500rpm|
|Fresh Water:||140 Gallons / 530 litre|
|Fuel:||90 Gallons / 340 litre|
|Holding:||1 (12 Gallons) plastic - Equipped with ElectraSan Hold & treat system.|
|Batteries:||8 AGM Group 31|
|Accommodations:||Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
- 2 forward cabins, 2 single rooms & large head
- Twin heads - sink in each hot/cold water / 1 head in use presently protected by Mahogany and Teak interior, main cabin table seats 8. Movable hinged integral screens
- Interior only 2 steps to 2 private cabins fore, dressing area and galley in hulls on opposite sides
- Sig-Marine high BTU output Diesel Evaporative stainless heater fireplace system for main cabin heat.
- Large cockpit & stern deck
- Salon 6+ ft. headroom
- Galley down 2 steps in port hull
- Seaward Princess Propane 3 Burner & Oven
- Pressure Exhaust fan over stove and Bus Heater under stove.
- 12 volt Technicold freezer/Fridge w/large cold plate ice-making ability & spill over capacity 30” by 10” by 25”
- Seaward Princess Propane 3 Burner & Oven Stove
- Powered Exhaust system over stove.
- Pressurized water systems delivers fresh filtered cold or hot water at sink
- SeaGull IV water filter system.
- Multiple cabinets at galley with storage for all utensils and spices and counter space for cooking and baking.
ELECTRONICS & NAV:
- Raymarine fully NETWORKED Nav system, Integrated Classic E-120 inch & E-80 chart plotters in cockpit & inside helms
- Raymarine Autopilot, integrated Type B AIS to both chart plotters, Raymarine 20 mile Radar system,
- SiriusXM weather hardware system (not presently subscribed), Raymarine depth sounder
- Multiple Raymarine & Raytheon ST60 instruments, wind instrument and Raymarine Autopilot controlled both at cockpit or inside helms.
- Compasses: interior and exterior helms
- Radio: VHF ( Horizon Intrepid+ DSC with AutoDistress, multiple microphones inside and out.
- 2d Radio: VHF ( Horizon MATRIX AIS + DSC with AutoDistress, multiple microphones, passive AIS display on chart.
- SSB Radio: ICOM 706MK IIG Single Side Band radio upgraded for transmission on all frequencies, AT 120 tuner to Backstay.
- Loud hailer Standard Horizon VLH-3000 with front & rear loudspeaker to automatically broadcast fog signals & PA
- Satellite Phone, Iridium 9556 - data hook up cables to computer for data use… connect to RedPort long range wifi connector unit -
- Entertainment TV: Vizio 23” Model VM230XVT, 12 volt 3.3 amps - connection for streaming and upgraded sound to HiFi sound system
- Clarion CD & entertainment stereo radio and Dual (spare) Stereo System with HiFi Speaker System with 6 speakers in boat.
- Raymarine SiriusXM satellite weather (no subscription supplied but claimed available)
- Both Direct Current 12 volt and 110 volt US on appropriate panels.
- Separate connect & charge system to 220 volt 50Hz European system to charge Battery Banks and supply outlet in cabin
- Battery Bank: 8 AGM Group 31 Batteries
- Circuit Breaker Panels 12 Volt and 110 Volt control Panels
- Xantrex Freedom Marine 25 inverter/charger
- Link 2000 unit showing input and output from all sources
- Generators: 80 Amp Each engine
- Five Solar Panels
- MPPT charge controller
- Wind Generator - D-400 connected to charge system
DECK & HULL:
- Cockpit shower w/hot & cold pressure. + Solar Shower availability & pressure seawater shower.
- Storage: 3 Front Deck Lockers plus 11 Cockpit and rear deck Lockers (all lockable)
- Bow Pulpit, Rails and Side Stanchions all with Stainless Steel
- Dingy Davits heavy stainless steel that rotates - 3 gang block for lifting dinghy & swing onto deck for optional storage.
- Davron Dinghy Tow at stern allows towing dinghy with stern lifted high with engine remaining on.
- Steering Wheels both in cockpit and interior helm: Polished wood and Stainless.
- Swim Ladder Stainless steel, folding with 5 wood steps.
- Cockpit Covers: full Sunbrella blue shade covers for whole boat at anchor plus 4 pffertex vertical for sun shades on sides
- Cockpit measures a huge 12 feet 6 inches x 8 feet interior dimensions
- Navigational Lights include AGM auto anchoring diode controlled anchor lite & LED TriColor on mast. 3 mile AGM front and stern
- SeaEra QC toilet and PVC to 12 Gallon Plastic holding tank, connected to Type I MSD by Raritan.
- Water: Two Stainless Steel 70 gallons
- Propane : Two 20 LB Gas Bottles
- Diesel: Two 45 gallon tanks, one each side.
ENGINES & MECHANICAL:
- 2 Large lockable Engine Compartments allow full access
- Engines: 2 x Yanmar 3JH5E - new in 2012 and 2013 - 37 hp, to transmission
- Twin Kobelt shifters at both helms.
- Transmission KM35P protected by DriveSaver system on each
- Straight Prop to 3 bladed Fixed Propellers
- Yanmar engine control panels with RPM, Oil Pressure, Engine Temp and 4 separate push button controls with separate readings
- Spare Parts (e.g. belts, Oil Filters, Diesel Filters, Impellers, etc.)
- Fire extinguishing Halon system in each Engine room.
- Hydraulic Steering controlled manually with Teleflex Capicano twin pumps hydraulics inside and outside helms
- Steering Mechanics both helms, Hydraulics driven by Raymarine autopilot, with second back up pump plumbed inline.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Fully furling main at mast and foredeck both controlled from Stbd helm seat, with multiple snatch block controls)
- Spinnaker (see pictures) with Spinnaker Sock for control.
- Roller Furling Head Sails (Genoa and Jib);
- Additional orange Storm sail to cover furled head sail)
- Standing Rigging: Stainless Steel
- Insulated Backstay (SSB/HAM radio)
- Running Rigging : heavy relatively new
- Aluminum Behind the Mast FACNOR furler for main sail controlled from cockpit
- Headsail Furling: Head Sail, with multiple sails and twin slotted furler foil - have used with both Genoa and Jib
- Mast & Boom: Aluminum - single spreader, SEARCH light with remote controls at both inside and outside helms.
- Spinnaker Poles: Aluminum (large and medium)
- 2 Winches in Cockpit - Harkin 48” 2-speed manual at port helm, and Harkin 48 Electric 2-speed Winch at Starboard helm )
- Two Winches at Mast
- Xintex Fume Detector and control
- 4 Life Jackets in pack for guests
- Tiller: Emergency Tiller
- Fire Extinguishers - Halon Kidde Mariner Fyrewatch 385 extinguishers in both engine compartments
- 6 Kidde BC Fire Extinguishers in 4 cabins & 1 Kidde BC in galley & 1 Kidde BC in cockpit; + First Alert ABC at helm station.
- SELF DEFENSE Systems for threats while cruising: 3
- Carbon Monoxide and fire ignition cabin Alarms
- Horn: MANUAL AIR HORNs controlled from both helms
- Bilge Pumps: 4 Heavy Duty Automatic Bilge Pumps,
- LP Gas Shut Off: solenoid controlled by Xintex S-2A by Fireboy Propane/CNG fume detector and control system
- Radar Reflector Firdell Blipper Radar Reflector on mast
ANCHOR & DOCKING:
- Brackets with 2 mounted anchors at front.
- Main anchor is a 65# SPADE with 185 feet of 3/8th proof coil chain.
- 200 feet of 8 Plait backup rode.
- Secondary front anchor is a FORTRESS FX55 Anchor
- Stern Anchor in set up locker has heavy Bruce Anchor with 25’ of heavy lead chain and 300 feet of Gold Braid rode.
- Extra unassembled FORTRESS FX37 Anchor in Fortress zippered case.
- Fenders: 6 large Fenders,
- Boat Hook: 1 Boat Hooks
- Power Seawater wash-down system with high pressure wand - Anchor Windlass: Simpson Lawrence #666 Sea Tiger
- Lines: Many Assorted Lines, for locks, docking securing
- Chain Hook w/lock on front 3 strand nylon bridle system,
- Chain 200 feet of Proof Coil 3/8 chain.
- Will consider conveying both AB 10 foot Aluminum RIB Dinghy plus a Yamaha 15 hp Enduro 2 cal engine, Dingy rigged for towing
- Overhead Hatches: 4 Replaced in England in 2012… no crazing
- Windshield Wipers: Electric Main Salon Windows
- Extensive supply of Spare Parts for Rig, Engines, Electrics, etc.,
- Diesel Storage Tanks: extra Deck Storage tanks for diesel = 5 large for 78 additional gal. diesel. + Eight 5 Gal jugs to carry on deck
- portable Tanks for fresh water transport 4 = 18 gal.
- Sets of Electrical and mechanical Tools & supplies
- Spare Extra Baby Blake Toilet System carried as spare
- Power Cable for 30 amp Shore Connection
- Snatch blocks - many including 2 extra large Gerhauer snatch blocks & 3 others for reserve use. + many spare shackles
- Oil Filters for Racor, Engine Filters, Yanmar Injectors
- Operation Manuals for nearly all Equipment