Asking: £21,500 (Pound Sterling) VAT paid
Location: Truro, England
S/V "Haptic Duo" is a Cornwall, UK based 1978 Catalac 8M catamaran is SOLD!!
The accommodation is spacious and bright with lots of stowage. These are a very light and roomy boat for its size, with 6ft 3" headroom in both hulls, and a sheltered steering position. Their cockpits are larger than most 37 ft catamarans as they can comfortably seat 10 people. With of her draft at 24 inches, it's possible to go into smaller and shallow lakes, coves and tropical islands ignored by monohulls.
She is an exceptionally safe and stable sailing boat which you'll find in excellent condition with little in need of attention. The sails are in good condition and set well. Catalacs age gracefully, and this boat is a perfect example as she's probably one of the best condition Catalac 8m available. A much loved and well maintained boat throughout its life - one owner for most of the boats life.
Onboard equipment includes solar panels, wind generator, electric windlass.
Outboard engine was replaced with a Beta marine inboard Diesel engine with Sonic Catamaran Drive. A single inboard lifting engine is the perfect solution for these boats. Having a single engine means much less weight aft when compared to twin engines making the boat sail much better. Twin diesels also slow the boat down due to the drag of two propellers - the lifting Sonic Drive on this boat means no drag and faster sailing. The Sonic drive leg is coupled to the twin rudders making this boat very manoeuvrable. This same technology makes it very easy to beach with hydraulic lift on Sonic Drive leg and twin lifting rudders.
This is a great family cruising or single handed boat (set up for easy single handed sailing with controls led to cockpit). She is in ready to sail away condition with everything ready for the season. We have prepared her ready for summer cruise to Scilly Isles and are only selling due to change in circumstances. Engine has been serviced and the boat antifouled.
There's a lot to be said about the Catalac line of catamarans, but Charles Kanter put it best in his book Cruising Multihulls:
“Catalac catamarans, with over 600 units built and sailing, have probably brought as many hours of happy, comfortable and safe boating to more people than any other vessel....”
|Builder:||Tom Lack Catamarans LTD|
|Designer:||Tom Lack and John Winterbotham|
|Construction:||Solid fibreglass hulls with white topsides and white decks and superstructure.|
|Length Overall:||27 feet (8.2 meters)|
|Mast height:||40' (off water)|
|Sails:|| Lazy jacks and mainsail cover
Fully battened mainsail by Seateach (good condition)
Plastimo furling genoa with sail by Seateach (good condition).
Spinoa - asymmetric cruising spinnaker by Barker & Hugget (good condition).
|Aux Power:||Single Beta Marine BD722 20 HP (14.92 kW) Diesel engine coupled to Sillette Sonic Catamaran Drive Mk. 2|
|Steering:||Manual steering, cable and rod|
|Fresh Water||(2 x 130 litres) Stainless steel water tanks to rear lockers, plus twin Vetus flexible water tanks (2 x 65 litres) fitted to both bildges for extended cruising and brings weight forward for better sailing performance.|
2 x 25l tanks
|Holding Tank||1 x 10l tank|
|Accommodations:||1 double cabin forward starboard
1 king double berth using settee and table for up to 3 person!
1 head-forward port hull
Galley located in starboard hull
- 5 berths in two cabins.
- Forward - light and airy queen sized bed. Access via starboard hull.
- Main saloon - twin singles in main saloon which if needed could be easily converted to another queen sized bed.
- Port hull - pilot berth, teak chart table and heads.
- Starboard hull - kitchen.
- 6"3" headroom to both hulls.
- Water - pumped and manual cold water to kitchen sink.
- Heater - Propex 1600W heater
- Fridge - Electrolux
- Cooker - Spineflo Neptune cooker with 2 burners and oven.
- Gas - 2 x Propane gas bottles
- Solenoid valve remote off switch, 3 sensors and Nereus gas alarm and control system (all new July 2016).
- Marine gas safety check (July 2016) Wiring - solar, wind and engine switch
- Alternator from engine,
- Uni-solar USF-32 solar panel
- Rutland Wind Generator 913 12V
- Rutland HRDi charge regulator (new 2017)
- Shorepower - 240V sockets to main saloon.
- DC power - 12v socket in main saloon.
- 1 x Jabsco Manual Toilet
- 1 x Holding tank with Jabsco self priming macerator pump. Ideal for French canals.
- Shower - includes sump pump.
Sails & Spars:
- Fully battened mainsail by Seateach with lazy jacks and mainsail cover (good condition).
- Plastimo furling genoa with sail by Seateach (good condition).
- Spinoa - asymmetric cruising spinnaker by Barker & Hugget (good condition).
- Storm sail.
- Kemp mast.
- Kemp boom with reefing system fed back to cockpit.
- Kemp Rodkicker.
- Wind - Clipper wind speed and direction.
- Depth sounder - Lawrence X28 sonar and fish finder.
- Log - Silva star.
- Autopilot - Navico Wheel Pilot 4000.
- Radar - Koden marine radar MDL-7.
- Radar reflector - Visiball.
- Compass - Plastimo.
- Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and guardwires
- cockpit cushions
- Boarding ladder
- boat hook
- mooring warps
- Manual bilge pump.
- Electric bilge pump.
- emergency tiller.
- Windlass - Lofeans' Tigres electric windlass
- Fortress Anchor chain - 30m 8mm calibrated anchor chain (new 2017)
- Antifoul - last antifouled July 2016
- Stopcocks - last serviced July 2016. Brass stopcocks recently replaced.
- 2 x 130 litres Stainless steel water tanks to rear lockers
- 2 x Vetus flexible water tanks (2 x 65 litres) fitted to both bildges