Why buy a boat which is for sale by owner?
- Both the boat owners and boat buyers save money here as no brokers fees or commissions
are paid on the sale of any boat sold.
- These catamarans come with lots of cruising gear. It's important not to sell the cruising gear short,
as in some cases it represents considerable value. It's the reason why we broke out
the equipment lists in each catamaran listing. People tend to focus on the
boat purchase price and not realize how much value cruising gear adds
to the boat or that when purchasing any boat, the gear will
have to be purchased eventually.
- Lastly, each catamaran listed here has provided it's owner with years of dependable service and is his pride and joy. All the owners want to find the right home for their boat.
Does this website earn a commission on a boat sale?
- No. Neither Catamaransite.com, nor it's owner, are paid a commission
on the sale of any of these catamarans. Catamaran sailors are a
small, unique group., one the webmaster is honored to be a member
of. This website offers inexpensive 'for sale by owner' boat listing
services as a courtesy to Catamaran sailors world wide.
How do I list my catamaran for sale on this website?
- Follow the directions here to list your catamaran.
How do I begin the for sale by owner process?
- Find a catamaran you like.
- Contact the catamaran owner through this website, and ask questions.
- If it appears the catamaran fit's your needs, arrange to do
a walk through.
- Make an offer pending a boat inspection / survey.
- If you're an experienced boat owner, do your own inspection, if not then hire someone. This is a sizeable investment, if you are unable to evaluate the following systems, you'd better consider obtaining a professional opinion.
- Electrical components
- Fuel lines & Tanks
- Batteries & wiring
- Check for hull delamination
- Steering and throttle controls
- Marine Refrigeration
- Propeller Shaft
- boat Plumbing & pumps
- Deck Hardware
- Standing Rigging, chainplates
- Marine Air Conditioning
- Floors & cabin
How do I contact a catamaran owner?
- Each advertisement has a "contact owner" link at the top and at the bottom of each listing page. By clicking the link and filling out the form, your inquiry will find it's way to the catamaran owner. Some of these owners are actually cruising with their boats right now. It may take a few days to receive a response.
- Please do not send an email to a boat owner asking if the boat is still for sale. Every catamaran on this website is an active listing.
- Unless the catamaran is cruising, please do not ask where
the boat is located as this information is in the advertisement.
- Please do not send an email to a boat owner asking if the boat owner will accept a trade for their boat. Unless stated otherwise in the boat advertisement, every boat owners wants CASH.
- It's website policy not to foward emails asking these questions to catamaran owners. Instead, you receive an email from us!
What if the boat is 1/2 way around the world?
- If you're not prepared to fly to the catamaran location, or hire professionals to act on your behalf, move on to another catamaran closer to home.
The boat I'm interested in shows as "Sale Pending"?
- This website disables the ability to send emails to any boat currently under contract. If the sale closes, the boat is then removed from the website. If the sale fails to close, the ability to contact the boat owner is restored.
Is this website familiar with the catamarans listed here?
- As a rule ... No. With just a couple of exceptions, we have no personal knowledge of these boats, however we do know some of these boat owners and they are terrific people.