How do I list my catamaran for sale on this website?
- Follow the directions here to list your catamaran.
Why should I buy a boat which is for sale by owner?
- Both the boat owners and boat buyers save money here as no brokers fees or commissions are paid on the sale of any boat sold.
- These catamarans come with lots of cruising gear. It's important not to sell the cruising gear short,as in some cases it represents considerable value. It's the reason why we broke out the equipment lists in each catamaran listing. People tend to focus on the boat purchase price and not realize how much value cruising gear adds to the boat or that when purchasing any boat, the gear will have to be purchased eventually.
- Lastly, each catamaran listed here has provided it's owner with years of dependable service and is his pride and joy. All the owners want to find the right home for their boat.
Does this website earn a commission on a boat sale?
- No. Neither Catamaransite.com, nor it's owner, are paid a commission on the sale of any of these catamarans. This website offers inexpensive 'for sale by owner' boat listing services as a courtesy to Catamaran sailors world wide.
Is this website familiar with the catamarans listed here?
- Every now and then there will be an exception, but as a rule ... No ... we have no personal knowledge of these boats.
How do I begin the for sale by owner process?
- Find a catamaran you like.
- Use the "Contact the owner" link found both at the top and bottom of each advertisement, and ask the boat owner questions about the boat. If you don't receive an answer in a couple of days, email me and let me know.
- If the catamaran appears to fit's your requirements, arrange to do a walk through.
- Make an offer pending a boat inspection / survey.
- If you're an experienced boat owner, do your own inspection, if not then hire someone. This is a sizeable investment, and you should consider contracting a professional if you are unable to evaluate the following systems.
- Electrical components
- Fuel lines & Tanks
- Batteries & wiring
- Check for hull delamination
- Steering and throttle controls
- Marine Refrigeration
- Propeller Shaft
- boat Plumbing & pumps
- Deck Hardware
- Standing Rigging, chainplates
- Marine Air Conditioning
- Floors & cabin
How do I contact a catamaran owner?
- Each advertisement has a "contact owner" link at the top and at the bottom of each listing page. By clicking the link and filling out the form, your inquiry will find it's way to the catamaran owner. Some of these owners are actually cruising with their boats right now. It may take a few days to receive a response.
- Please do not send an email to a boat owner asking if the boat is still for sale. Every catamaran on this website is a paid listing.
- Unless the catamaran is cruising, please do not ask where the boat is located as this information is in the advertisement.
- Please do not send an email to a boat owner asking if the boat owner will accept a trade for their boat. Unless stated otherwise in the boat advertisement, every boat owners wants CASH.
What if the boat is 1/2 way around the world?
- If you're not prepared to fly to the catamaran location, or hire professionals to act on your behalf, move on to another catamaran closer to home.
The boat I'm interested in shows as "Sale Pending"?
- This website disables the ability to send emails to any boat currently under contract. If the sale closes, the boat is then removed from the website. If the sale fails to close, the ability to contact the boat owner is restored.
Will boat owners consider a trade in?
- These are individuals, not boat dealers. Unless the advertisement specifically says trades are acceptable, the boat owners want cash at closing.
Will boat owners give financing terms?
- Well, if it was your boat ... and it could disappear over the horizon at any time, would you offer terms?
offers the details of any vessel advertised on it's website in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition
of any vessel. This website is not responsible for the actions or the non actions
of any boat owner.
From time to time it is possible that a boat will be listed here by a boat broker. Brokers are responsible for the accuracy of the boat information presented in their advertisements on this website. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate any boat details as the buyer desires validated. These vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.