(for sale as of )
Asking: $198,500 (USD)
Location: St. Augustine, FL
S/V Freebird is a Florida based Grainger Mystery Cove 420 Catamaran for sale by Owner
The bright and airy bridge deck cabin features 360 degree views and seating for eight in the salon with the nav station to port. The galley is in the starboard hull with ample workspace, refrigeration and storage. Forward in the stbd hull is a queen cabin with large hatch,generous storage. Aft of the galley is a crew cabin with large double berth.
The port owner's hull feature another queen cabin forward with large hatch, generous storage. Aft an owners head with dual sinks and separate shower. There is a single berth cabin in the forepeak and the midship companionway host lots of storage.
This catamaran for sale by owner incudes all necessary gear for self-sustained bluewater cruising. including: She has an all new RIG and SAILS (screecher, main, roller-furling genoa) in 2014! Engines refitted. She is well maintained and ready to go now. Just add provisions.
S/V Freebird has returned from two years of cruising from the Mediterranean to the US and has proven her capabilities to handle heavy weather by having completed a full circumnavigation of the globe in a period of 10 years with 2 owners. We were the 2nd owners and took her from the Med to the Bahamas, our home port. We have kept her in the Bahamas for the last 3 yrs since having crossed the Atlantic, spending several months in Miami/Ft Lauderdale to refit and paint the bottom every year. Currently, We are in St. Augustine, FL with plans to return to the Bahamas in May.
Sailing at 80% of wind speed and with her Bridgedeck clearance of 33.5 inches (no slamming), Grainger catamarans 'rule' down under (Australia), but are rare finds in America. This spacious design, with all its style for which Tony Grainger is renowned, will suit a cruising family looking for catamaran that can sail well and cover sea miles with ease. This Cat is ready to set sail to explore tropical islands and beyond.
Catamaran Living and Sailing
Grainger 420 Mystery Cove 420 Catamaran
|Builder:||David Howell Constructions|
|Where built:||Seattle, Wa|
|Make/Model:||Grainger Mystery Cove 420|
|Location:||Georgetown, Exuma, Bahamas|
|Construction:||Hull: Cedar cored triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional fiberglass (vacuum) with WEST epoxy system
Bridge deck: Balsa core biaxial fiberglass - WEST epoxy system
Cabin: Corecell foam, biaxial fiberglass with WEST epoxy system
Finish: Awlgrip/ Sterling (Linear Polyurethane) Interior and exterior
|LOA :||12.8m (42 feet)|
|LWL :||12.8m (42 feet)|
|Beam :||6.857m (22.6 feet)|
|Draft :||1.1m (4 ft 0 inches)|
|Displacement:||7424 KG (16333 Lbs)|
|Mast Height:||19m (62 FT 6inches)|
|Headroom :||1.9m (6 FT 2 inches)|
|Engines:||2 x Yanmar 27 HP 3GM30FC coupled to Yanmar saildrives|
|Propellers:||2 Blade Propellers|
|Water Tank:||608 Ltr (160 Gal)|
|Fuel Tank:||418 Ltr (110 Gal)|
|Holding Tank:||95 Ltr, (25 Gal)|
Interior walk through
Video Slide Show of Grainger 420 Mystery Cove 420 Catamaran
- Owner's version
- 3 cabins
- 1 head
- Hull: Cedar cored triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional fiberglass (vacuum) with WEST epoxy system
- Bridge deck: Balsa core biaxial fiberglass
- Cabin: Corecell foam, biaxial fiberglass
- Finish: Awlgrip/ Sterling (Linear Polyurethane) Interior and exterior
- 12 Lewmar Ocean Hatches
- Double life lines
- Stanchions 28 inch with integral bases
- 6 ea 12 inch mooring cleats
- Anchor/deck wash down (fresh)
- Anchor/deck wash down (salt)
- Hot/cold Deck shower
- Stereo Speakers in cockpit/cabin
- LPG storage locker
- 3 each Lewmar 48 Electric winches
- 1 Lewmar 48 manual winch
- Dieform standing rigging. NEW 2014!
- All lines led aft to electric winches for reefing
- Dynal running back stays. NEW 2014!
- Lewmar Rope clutches, blocks, tracks, cars.
- Friedrickson car system . NEW 2014!
- Tender Lifting derrick integral from boom (electric wInch powered)
- Mainsail: Mack Sails cruise lam with stackpack.
- Jib: 120% (roller furled). NEW 2014!
- Reacher/Screacher: On its own luff wire (roller furled). NEW 2014!
- Watermaker 160 Ltr/Hr engine driven
- 6 gallon hot water heater (engine/AC)
- Filter system at galley sink for drinking water
- Salt water at galley sink
- pressurized water pump
- Hot cold swim step shower
- Anchor wash
- Electric toilet (fresh rebuild)
- Electric shower sump pump
- Salt water washdown pump
- Diesel: 418 Ltr (110 Gal)
- Water: 608 Ltr (160 Gal)
- Holding: 95 Ltr, (25 Gal)
- LPG: 3x 5kg (in designated locker)
- 2 x Yanmar 27 HP 3GM30FC
- Yanmar saildrives
- 16 inch folding MAX PROPS
- 10.5 FT Achilles RIB
- 15 horse Yamaha Outboard 2 stroke
- 30 amp battery charger
- 70 amp alternator
- 1 smart regulator
- 1000 amp inverter
- 4 X 135 amp solar panels
- 2 X 60 amp solar panels
- 110 volt 60 hz system and 240 volt 50 hz system
- Smart regulator (with backup)
- 2500 watt 240V to 110 volt transformer
- Galvanic isolator. Corrosion control
- Electric fuel pumps (emergency)
- Electric fuel transfer pump
- Blue Sea 110-240AC and 12V DC panels
- Shore power cords 110/240
- LED anchor/running lights at masthead
- Emergency strobe at mast head
- 2 starter batteries
- 6 x 105 amp 6 volt batteries
- Starter battery isolation system
- Airbreeze wind generator
- 6 cabin fans (Hella)
- Wiring diagrams and numbering code (ships manual)
- Garmin chart plotter
- Icom M802 HF radio
- Icom M502 VHF radio
- Furuno GPS 76
- Nexus/Silva sailing instruments (wind, log, depth, helm )
- wind, log, depth, helm - repeated at nav station).
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/DVD player
- Auto pilot
- Tank level gauges
- Maxwell 1500 electric anchor windlass with control at helm Spectra halyards. NEW 2014!
- Fortress FX-35 Aluminum anchor with 7 m chain and 100m nylon rode Dansforth anchor
- 100m 5/16 inch Chain attached to 100m ¾"
- 60 Lb. Manson anchor
- Rode: chain 7 m, Line 100 m
- Emergency tiller