(for sale as of )
Asking $315,000 (USD)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
S/V Zookeeper is a Florida based 2006 Leopard 43 catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
The Leopard 43, is well regarded as she's built with robust South African Standards and received glowing reviews in major sailing magazines. She has a spacious layout of 4 cabins, each originally dsigned with a full en-suite bathroon, a very large salon and a galley up design. The salon table easily sits 8-10 guests and converts into an additional double bed. the navigation area is starboard, facing aft.
Each of the cabins has large double berths, the forward cabins wih walk around access, overhead opening hatch, a hanging locker, a settee with storage, overhead lighting, reading lights and 12V cabin fans. Each head has a wash basin, oversized toilet bowls and large shower with manual sump pump and hanging shower head fitting. The U-shaped galley-up allows the chef to enjoy the panoramic view while interacting with guests and crew. Large storage accomodations, and ample work surfaces, make provisioning and preparation easy. Ventilation aboard the Léopard 43 is excellent, thanks to the opening front windows, a must in tropical climates.
With dependable and economical Yanmar engines, trouble-free shaft drive, Garmin navigation, high-output watermaker, 500W Solar with Blue Sky Controller , Xantrex 3012 3000W/150A Inverter Charger, Koher 6kW Generator, a new 11.5ft AB Lammina 11 AL Inflatable with Bimini, Zookeeper is a turnkey package for fun and adventure.
A worthy member of the family of the enormously successful Simonis-Voogd designs, the four-cabin Leopard 43 is highly sought after by charterers and owners worldwide. Conveniently located in Central Florida, this cat will not be on the market for long.
This is the list of recent boat upgrades:
- Rebuilt both Yanmar 3JH4E engines and transmissions (200hrs)
- New Yanmar Engine Panels and Gauges.
- Kohler 6kW generator with Soundshield (900hrs).
- New 900ah FireFly Carbon Foam Batteries.
- Xantrex 3012 3000W/150A Inverter Charger.
- New TripleM Plastic Fuel Tanks.
- New bronze thru hulls with G4 backing plates,
- flanged adapters and ball valves.
- 500W Solar. 2015
- Garmin 7612 Chartplotter,
- HD Radar, AIS, and Autopilot.
- ICOM VHF,
- Fusion Stereo.
- Full cockpit enclosure with glass and mesh
- New lenses and seals in all hatches.
- Marine Mat Decking in Cockpit and Transom.
- Reupholstered Salon and Cockpit Cushions in Sunbrella.
- New Corian Countertops in Galley.
- New Force10 Stove/Oven.
- New Edson Stainless Steering Wheel.
- LED bulbs throughout, including Anchor Light.
- Custom Memory Foam Mattresses in all 4 cabins.
- Custom Installed 30gph Rainman 120V Watermaker
- New AB Alumina 11.5ft Tender with 25hp Mecury Outboard.
|Builder:||Robertson and Caine Cape Town, South Africa|
|Designer:||Alex Simonis and Maaten Voogd|
|Construction:||GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich|
|Model:||Leopard 43 four-cabin|
|Length Overall:||42ft 6in / 12.95M|
|LWL:||37ft 9in / 11.50M|
|Beam:||22ft 9in / 6.93M|
|Headroom:||6ft 6" / 2.0M|
|Draft:||4ft 3in / 1.3M|
|Rudder type:||Skeg Hung Rudder|
|Mast height:||63ft / 19.20M|
|Sail Area:||Main Sail New in 2012
Genoa New in 2012
Profurler for Genoa
Asymmetrical Spinnaker and Gennaker Included
Bow Sprit in Like New Condition
|Engines:||2 x Yanmar 3-cyl 3JH4 39hp diesel engines x 2|
|Water capacity:||206gal / 780L|
|Fuel Tanks:||95gal / 360L|
|Cabins||4 spacious queen cabins, a convertible double berth in the saloon and a single sleeping berth in the bow of each hull. This berth could also be converted for storage use. Each queen cabin has ample storage included a hanging locker, cabinets, and shelving.|
|Headroom:||6 ft 6 inches / 2.0m|
|Heads||4 heads in total. Port forward equipped with a new Raritan Marine Elegance Fresh Flush Electric Toilet. Stbd forward equipped with a Natures Head Composting Toilet. Port aft converted to a laundry room with installed washing machine. Stbd aft converted to a full time shower with installed fixtures. Each head is is equipped with hand basins, showers & mirrors. Hot & cold pressurized water is available in the galley, heads, and at transom shower.|
- HULL: Fiberglass
- DECK MATERIAL: Fiberglass
- RUDDER TYPE: Skeg
- Bottom Paint: NEW in Summer 2018, Petit Ultima SR60, Cleaned Monthly
- Number of Cabins: 4
- Number of Heads: 4 (2 with Toilets)
- Custom Made Queen Size Memory Foam Mattresses in all Cabins (2018)
- Caframo Sirocco Fans in Salon and Stbd Cabins (2018)
- Raritan Marine Elegance Fresh Water Flush Toilet with Wireless Controller in Port Fwd Head (2019)
- Natures Head Composting Toilet with Powered Vent in Stbd Fwd Head (2018)
- Port Aft Cabin Converted to Laundry Room with Plumbed in Automatic Washer from Laundry Alternative (2019)
- Stbd Aft Cabin Converted to Dedicated Shower with Scandvik Fixtures
- LED Lights throughout Interior
- (2) 16,000 BTU Webasto FCF Air Conditioners with EZ Starts (2015)
- Smart Televisions in Salon and Stbd Aft Cabin
- Fusion Stereo with Bluetooth and Wired Inputs (2015)
- Custom Corian Countertops with Stove and Drying Basin Covers (2018)
- Deep Sink and Kitchen Faucet (2018)
- (2) Burner Force 10 Stove and Oven (2015)
- (2) Stage Drinking Water Filter and Dedicated Faucet
- Factory Double Door Fridge Converted to Fridge Only with Electronic Thermostat
- Extra Large Dometic CFX-95DZW Dual Compartment Freezer (or Fridge) 12V or 120V
- Countertop Induction Burner
Deck and Equipment:
- Factory Hardtop with LED Lighting
- Starboard Helm Station with Upgraded Highback Cushions and Backrest
- New Edson Stainless Steering Wheel (2019)
- Large Cockpit Table Currently Covered with Vinyl Wrap of Bahamas Explorer Chart (Removable)
- Custom Cockpit Cushions in Sunbrella for Benches
- Full Cockpit Enclosure with Hard Glass Windscreens, both Phifertex Mesh (2018)
- Clear Eisenglass Side Panels, and Phifertex Mesh Rear Panels (2018)
- Sunbrella Shade Curtains for Port and Stbd
- Dedicated Propane Storage with (2) 10lb AL Tanks
- Magma Propane Grill with Mounts,Cover,and Dedicated Propane Hose to Tanks
- Waterproof Fusion Exterior Speakers
- Transom Shower with Hot and Cold Water
- Marine Mat Synthetic Decking in Cockpit and on Transom Grey to Match (2017)
- Removed and Rebedded Large Side Windows Using Dow 795
Anchors and Docking:
- Lofrans Tigres 1500W Electric Windlass
- Lewmar Wireless Controller for Anchor Windlass
- 75lb (33kg) Rocna Primary Anchor with 160ft Chain Rode
- (2) Secondary Anchors Included
- Fenders, Dock Lines, and Boat Hook
Batteries and Electric:
- 900Ah Firefly Carbon Foam Batteries (2019)
- Balmar Smart Gauge Battery Monitor (2019)
- 500W Solar with Blue Sky Controller and Remote Display
- Xantrex 3012 3000W/150A Inverter Charger with Remote Controller/Display
- Secondary 400W Pure Sine Inverter
- New 80A Externally Regulated High Output Alternators on both Engines (2019)
- New Balmar MC-614 External Regulators(2019)
- New Blue Seas 7622 Automatic Charging Relays and all New Bus Bars and Cables (2019)
- (2) 30A Shore Power Sockets, (4) 50ft Cords, and Multiple Adapters
- AGM Starting Batteries for Each Engine
- Garmin 7612 Touchscreen Chartplotter
- Garmin AIS Receiver/Transmitter
- Garmin HD Radar
- Garmin Autopilot with Remote
- Garmin Wind, Depth, and Speed
- ICOM VHF with Helm Mic and Speaker
Sails and Rigging:
- Main Sail New in 2012
- Genoa New in 2012
- Profurler for Genoa
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker and Gennaker
- Bow Sprit in Like New Condition
- (2) Lewmar Electric Winches
- VPC Low Stretch Synthetic Main Halyard
- Running Rigging in Very Good Condition
- Standing Rigging Replaced in 2015, Inspected in 2017
Engine and Mechanical:
- (2) Yanmar 3JH4E 39hp Diesel Engines Fully Rebuilt with 300hrs (2018)
- (2) Kanzaki Yanmar KM35A Marine Transmissions Rebuilt with Engines (2018)
- Props Serviced for Correct RPM (2018)
- All Engine Hoses Replaced with New (2018)
- Custom Centek Fiberglass Mufflers (2018)
- Port Shaft Replaced with New (2018)
- Racor 500MA Fuel Filter Assemblies x 2 (2018)
- Koher 6kW Generator with Soundshield with 900hrs Installed in Port Transom
- TripleM Fuel Tanks with New Fittings (2018)
- All Thru Hulls Removed and Replaced with G4 Backing Plates, Bronze Groco Flanged Adapters, Ball Valves and Fittings
- (2) 11gal Stainless Quick Water Heaters 120V and Engine Heat Exchangers
- Rainman 30gph 120V Watermaker Installed in Port Fwd Cabin, but Can Also be Portable
- 11.5ft New AB Lammina Inflatable with Bimini
- Mercury 4 Stroke 20hp, Electric Start
- ACR Global Fix Pro EPIRB Mounted in Salon
- Crew Watcher MOB Alarm System with (6) Beacons
- (8) Person Life Raft (Needs Certification, Exp 2018)
- Weems and Plath Electronic Flare (2018)
- Lifesling Throwable with Bag on Transom
- Oil, Filters, and Assortment of Spare Parts
- Phifertex Mesh Window Shades
- Sunbrella Covers for all Hatches, Winches and Helm Station
- Extra Marine Mat Replacement Panels