(for sale as of )
Price Reduced!!: €95,000 (Euro)
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
S/V Piccola is a Tanzania based Parlay 40 catamaran for sale by owner
This catamaran for sale by owner is a Parlay 40 cruising catamaran. She is priced for a quick sale and features four double cabins each with private head and a Galley up configuration. The boat was built in Durban, South Africa according to the techniques used for the construction of cruising catamarans. The hulls are built in sandwich with foam core and GRP Composite.
This performance orientated cruising catamaran, designed by Alex Simonis, has proven her metal having crossed the Atlantic Ocean twice. Once through the southern ocean going as far South as Tristan da Cunha. On her return to Cape Town she then went on to cruise the Indian Ocean.
She has a large cockpit with a new solid bimini, and is complete with cockpit dining table. Access to the saloon is thru large glass double doors. A removable serving hatch allows good flexibility when entertaining your guests. The spacious saloon has a custom built table with wrap-around seating overlooking the aft deck. The galley is "U" shaped with plenty of work surfaces. The 2 fridges and large freezer unit are ample for most situations. The saloon is surrounded by large windows giving a light airy feel. With regards to accommodation she has a traditional 4 cabin / 4 head, layout. The berths are a generous size. In short ... she is sleek, fast, spacious and in good condition. Please email through this site with any questions on the boat.
Extras: Inflatable tender; outboard engine 9,9 cv
Last maintenance works:
- change engine oil and oil filters in November 2016;
- change of pump belts november 2016.
- sail drive control oil in November 2016;
- replacement hydraulic steering gear pipes: port 2013, starbord 2015
- impellers, engine port, in June 2015;
- replacing both propellers October 2014
- In July 2015 we have replaced the rigging of the mainsail and spinnaker.
- We gave the antifouling regularly t-o the boat once a year. The last time was in July 2015.
- Four solar panel and wind generator installed in 2012.
- replacement piston hydraulic steering: port 2013
Work To be done
The boat was in the water for three years so I suggest a general check. With regard to the emergency equipment, the EPIRB is working as well the liferaft and flares.
Then there are some repairs to be done:
--the freezer is not working (you need to change the 12 volts compressor)
--Radar antenna cable came off.
--I also suggest you to change the system of sewage. It all works but it would be better to eliminate the internal sewers that require constant maintenance.
The owner of the boat is a company based in Seychelles. During all charters we had on board a professional skipper and our deckhand.
|Builder:||Horizon Yachts of Durban S.A.|
|Boat Model:||Parlay 40|
|Length Overall:||40' 0 inches (12.20m)|
|Beam:||24 ft 6 inches (7.5m)|
|Draft:||3 ft 0 in (.9m)|
|Keel type:||Cat-Mini Keel|
|Sails:||Battened mainsail |
2 x Spinnaker
Lazy Jacks included
|Engines||2 x Yanmar RCD-3YM30X - NEW July 2012; with sail drives (currently 2184 hrs)|
|Head Room:||6 ft 5 inches (195cm) both salon and hulls|
|Fresh Water Tankage||88 gallons (2 x 170 L)|
|Fuel Tankage||94 gallons (2 x 180 L)|
- berths for 8 persons in Four double cabins
- each cabin has their own bath
- Salon table seats eight
- Cockpit tables
- Auto helm Auto-Pilot ST5000
- Raymarine 24 mile Radar
- Garmin Chart Plotter
- Raymarine VHF Radio
- Icom SSB IC-M710
- Raymarine Eco-Sounder
- Raymarine Log
- Raymarine Wind Inst
- Raymarine Repeaters
- Coach roof Compass
- Wind generator Air-X witth new silentwind blades
- Includes Batt. Main System
- 4 Solar Panels (600 watts)
- 2000w 220V Inverter
- 6 house batteries (100AH) and two starting batteries (120AH). They are new
- Galley Up
- Pressurized water
- Gas stove with oven
- 2 fridges
- Large Freezer
- double sink
Sails and Rigging:
- 5 sails; which all in very good condition, new in 2012
- Battened mainsail,
- Storm jib,
- 2 x Spinnaker.
- Lazy Jack,
- extra strong mast and rigging from Sparcraft(kapetown)
- Life ring
- 10 Life jackets
- 5 Fire extinguishers
- new solid bimini,
- cockpit dining table
- freshwater shower on the starboard stern
- Inflatable tender
- outboard engine 9,9 cv