Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Asking Price: $160,000
S/V Persian Lady is a currently cruising, 12 metre Simpson catamaran for sale by owner.
S/V Persian Lady has been modified with a sugar scoop stern which extends her length to 12.75m.
Built in England by East Point Catamarans Ltd she was stage surveyed throughout build to an accepted marine standard. Hulls built of Strip plank cedar using the West System and are encapsulated inside and out with 250 gramme roving. SP System and West system resin used throughout. Decking and coach roof manufactured from high specification marine ply sheathed in roving where required. Bow and Hog is Cabinet grade Mahogany. Interior is to mahogany trim on Ash veneer. Decking is insulated throughout with Offshore specification fire retardant insulation. Vessel has mini keels and skeg and can therefore be easily beached for maintenance.
UK VAT is paid.
Persian Lady has been cruised by her owner since her launch
in 1993 and is in navigation. She is currently cruising and is
located on the Caribbean island of Trinidad where the owner has hauled her for maintenance (June 2014).
Owner would now prefer to sell and start a new venture more compatible with health restrictions..
|Builder||East Point Catamaran|
|LOA||12.75m (41 ft 10 in)|
|LWL||12.3m (40 ft 4 in)|
|Beam||7.12m (23 ft 6 in)|
|Mast height||16.6 m (54 ft 6 in)|
|Head room||saloon max 1.83m (6ft)
Hulls 1.95m (6 ft 5 inches)
|Hull material||Strip cedar & West system|
|Deck material||F'glass over Bruynzeel ply|
|Water Tank||Total 180ltr (48 gal)|
|Fuel Tank||Total 180ltr (48 gal)|
|Engines||Volvo Penta 18hp 2002 series.
|Propellers||15 “ x 10” CJR folding|
Wiring design and installation was carried out in accordance with UK Merchant Marine specifications. All wiring is rated and controlled through a series of circuit breakers. The windlass and battery wiring is heavy duty copper welding cable. Charging is through two 100 amp Bosch engine alternators managed through an Adverc battery management system that controls and maximises voltage input to two 200 a/h batteries. Shore power charging is via a Sterling battery charger. Battery monitoring is via a Link 10.
The 220 volt system is via a Synergex inverter (Pure sine). Additional energy is supplied via 300w of solar panel and a 2.0 Honda petrol generator.
MAST, SAILS & SPARES:
- Anodised aluminium from Sailspar (UK Ltd) Including forebeam.
- SAILS: Main 325 sqft.
Genoa 520 sqft.
storm 10.53 sqft.
Light wind MP 55.38sqft.
Cruiser 71.37 sqft.
- Harken winches
- Furling gear. Profurl.
- RIGGING: 316ss wire through( Japanese)
- All chain plates 316ss
- Maxwell windlass 1200w horizontal.
- 100m 8mm Maggi HT chain.
- 45lb CQR anchor.
- 30lb delta anchor.
- Various warpage mainly 16mm and Para anchor assembly.
- 4 fire extinguishers.
- Liferaft 4 man XM, canister (needs service).
- Horeshoe and floating rope.
- Galley fire blanket.
- Gas cut off valve.
- Whitlock quadrant, wire controlled.
- Auto pilot Electric motor and chain to Wheel
- Radar Furuno 1630 (requires attention)
- GPS. Furuno Model GP31.
- Autopilot Simrad Robertson AP20 Whitlock Motor controlled via chain to wheel.
- Autohelm Depth (twin Transducer)
- Wind (requires attention) and depth.
- VHF Furuno Model RB 2721 (DSC).
- SSB Radio Kenwood TS 50 open channel. E mail link via Pactor
- Sat phone
- mini M. Masthead navigation light is Aquasignal modified to LED
- Decklight is conventional spot light
- SMEV Gas oven twin hob
- 220volt and 12 volt lighting
- 2 double 220 volt sockets
- Workshop with wet locker
- 6 tools drawers
- 12 volt strip light
- Double socket 220v
- water maker
- Two forward cabins (Queen sized bunks) with ensuite.
- Two aft cabins with twin bunks over engines.
- Port aft cabin comprises 70 litre freezer and similar size cool box.
- 1 double 220v socket.
- Main saloon with independent chart area.
- Single door entry from cockpit with stable half door service hatch on other side.
- Television and DVD player is on swinging arm so that programmes can be watched from either the cockpit or saloon. 220 volt socket.
- Regiani spot lighting is used throughout, some converted to Led power saving bulbs.
- 12 volt cooling fans throughout.
- Watermaker is mechanical design running off stb engine giving 12 gallon/hr.
- FUEL Two tanks, each containing 100 litres
- Fuel consumption. Calm no current 5knots from one engine at economic RPM at 1.1 litres/hr Max.
- Speed both engines un-ladened and clean hull 10 knots. (Realistic in cruising weight 7..7.5 knots)
- Water two membrane tanks 200 litres (Port tank not used as we use water bottles for security)
- Dinghy Aquapro 3.1m Hypalon
- Outboard 15hp Yamaha 2 stroke and Yamaha 2hp (needs attention)
- Boat is generally in good order and ready for long distance passage making
- Fenders and cordage as applicable.
offers the details of any vessel advertised on it's website in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition
of any vessel. This website is not responsible for the actions or the non actions
of any boat owner.
From time to time it is possible that a boat will be listed here by a boat broker. Brokers are responsible for the accuracy of the boat information presented in their advertisements on this website. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate any boat details as the buyer desires validated. These vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.