(for sale as of )
Asking: $157,000 (USD)
Location: Phuket, Thailand
S/V Paw Paw is a Thailand based 2005 11.7m Whitehaven catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
Australian Mark Pescott's design philosophy of light, low windage profiles, and yet super strong construction, Western Red Cedar and Epoxy Glass means you get a boat that performs under sail which can take the rigors of what the ocean throws at it . The Whithavens boat designs have high aspect ratio hulls at the waterline then from the bow there is a wider flare to give added buoyancy and a deflection line for the water and spray off the bows when in ocean sailing mode
S/V Paw Paw has been built as a cruising boat with a fully covered Saloon and is constructed from Western Red Cedar with West System Epoxy Glass encapsulation. This makes her extremely strong , light and capable of lasting many more decades of ocean sailing. Her designed curves give her an integral strength and from all angles she shows a low windage profile.
High bridge deck clearance also compliments the sailing performance . I have had her over 15 knots but did peg it back to a nice 10 to 12 under auto helm , you put the miles away and can calculate high mile days when coastal hopping . She is powered by a wonderfully simple but very powerful 60 HP Yamaha Outboard which turns with the wheel (the boat can turn on itself). Cruising to 6-8 knots with low fuel consumption.
This is a sailors boat but does have a very roomy and comfortable interior, with over 6 ft across the saloon between the hulls. The extra-large galley and pantry down on the port side provide storage and work space to accommodate any ambitious chef. The hulls are filled with natural light from acrylic viewing windows (smoked) which are custom fitted to the boats curves. She has two double cabins (queen size) plus two single V berths.
S/V "Paw Paw" provides a comfortable home for a cruising couple plus an extra double cabin for your guests. Two V berths forward and a huge settee are available so can accommodate the whole family for those weekends away. Spacious bathroom and head are aft on Starboard side. The saloon with full head room has a 3 meter width settee with seating for up to 10 diners. The impressive galley takes up the center and aft region of the Port hull.
The vessel flag registered in Langkawi (Malaysia) allows a very low cost annual fee.
The boat can be seen in Phuket (Thailand).
|Construction:||Western Red Cedar with West System Epoxy Glass encapsulation|
|Vessel Flag:||Langkawi (Malaysia)|
|LOA :||39' 0" / 11.88 M|
|LWL :||39' 0" / 11.88 M|
|Beam :||20’ 6" / 6.25 M|
|Draft :||3' 0” / .9 M boards up --- 5' 11" / 1.8 M boards down|
|Mast Height:||51’4" / 15.5 M|
|Displacement :||5.5 t / 11500 Lbs|
|Sails:||Screecher on retractable prodder with continuous furling led aft.
Genoa on Profurl drum furler led aft
Main fully battened with three reefs
With boom bag and lazy jacks.
|Engines:||60 HP Yamaha Outboard|
|Water Tank:||115 gallons (430 L)|
|Fuel Tank:||35 gallons (135 L )|
|Double Berths:||2 + plus 2 singles|
- Two double cabins (queen size)
- Two single V berths.
- Galley in Port Hull
- Saloon on Bridge Deck
- Sony radio with CD/MP3/USB (2017)
- new upholstery
- Floor : new PVC flooring
- Two burner gas cook top (2017)
- Fridge and freezer in 2 different compartments (12Volts) with digital temperature control (2019)
- self draining gas lockers x 3 at aft side of cockpit.
- Australian built stainless steel BBQ (reconditioned 2018).
- New Sst sink +fresh water tap + saltwater tap (2018).
- Water filtration system (active carbon + 5 u filter) + pipes (2018)
- Thru bench organic waste disposal
- VHF GME GX600 (2015)
- AIS (2018)
- B&G Vulcan 7 FS Chart Plotter (2017)
- B&G forward scan (2018)
- Raymarine wheel pilot ST4000.
- Raymarine wind sensor (2018)
- Raymarine depth sounder
- Mount for tablet at the helm
- Mast head windex
- Trampolines x 2 from Pirelli mesh, newly imbedded glass rods on all 4 sides (2017)
- Forebeam glass composite with inbuilt arch and fixed Alloy Inverted V wire tensioner.
- Composite Glass Cat Walk with anchor Roller is wide and safe .
- Stainless Steel Pulpit with 6 double mounted stanchions each side supporting two life lines to the aft steps.
- Side Mounted Dagger Boards in custom glassed cases and separate raising and lowering lines led aft .
- Deep rope fore deck with twist SS Latch and self draining outlet.
- Foredeck anchor locker with electric windlass and chain fall compartment under, also stores one back up anchor.
- Opening weaver deck hatches x 9
- Hardtop Bimini with raised edge for water catchment.
- Aft step hatches to large storage lockers.
- Acrylic covered window above steering station, with sliding polycarbonate shield
- Alloy Engineered Davits tube braced supporting adjustable davits underside with two lift points for lifting Dinghy.
- Outboard engine stand (new 2018)
- 2 fishing rod holders (2019)
- 3 x Unisolar 70 watt panels on Bimini (2016)
- 2 x 265 watt panels on davit (2018)
- 300 Ah LiFePO4 battery (2016)
- Solar MPPT 100/50 charger VICTRON (2019)
- 220V back up charger (50A) (2018)
- Shore power
- 12V – 220 V 1000 Watts pure sine inverter (2018)
- 220V sockets (2x galley, 2x chart table)
- Thermal automatic breakers (2018)
- Switch panel at Helm (2018)
- Main breaker at chart table (2018)
- Fuse blocks Blue Sea (2018)
- Power cables /secondary cables (2018)
- 12 V Jabsco fresh water pump (galley, bathroom, shower deck) (2018)
- 12 V Johnson saltwater pump (galley + deck
- All led lights including navigation lights (2018)
- 12 V fans (galley, bedrooms, saloon) (2018)
- 12 V Toilet macerator TMC (2018)
- 12 V socket (4x saloon, 2x chart table) (2018)
- 5V USB socket (4x chart table, cabins) (2018)
Sails and Rigging:
- All Yacht Spars with all wires new in 2015 including life lines.
- Gennaker (Doyle) on retractable prodder with continuous rope loop furling (2018).
- Genoa (LAM) on Profurl drum furler
- Mainsail (Rolly Tasker) fully battened (2018)
- Boom bag and lazy jacks.
- Andersen winches S/S: 2x28ST/2S (halyards) ; 2 x 46 ST/2S for sheets; 1 x 40 2S (main)
- Windlass 12V 1000 watts Maxwell
- Rocna 20 kg (new 2018) anchor on 60 metres of Stainless Steel chain + 60 metres of rope
- back up anchor Danforth +15 m chain
Engine & Mechanical:
- Main engine 60 HP 4 stroke Yamaha Outboard (2010) + maintenance 2019 (new V-Belt, filters, oil, fuel pump)
- 135 litres fuel tank+ level sensor (2019) + filler (2019)
- Stainless Steel Inspection opening for Emergency tiller.
- Tiller, Engineered Sst with timber tiller extention.
- Twin Rudder tubes double glass mounted
- Rudders driven by wire to quadrants
- Removable emergency outboard engine stand
- Dinghy Spindrift rigid
- Outboard engine dinghy Mercury 2 stroke 8 HP (2016)
- Smoke detectors x2 (2018)
- Life jackets x8
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- Safety flares kit
- Bosun's chair