listing date July 15, 2013
Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Price Reduced!: $22,000
Location: Saint Helens, Oregon
S/V Two Chez is an Hirondelle 24 MK1 pocket cruising catamaran for sale by her owner.
Attention pocket cruiser fans, This is a fast and fun boat to sail. She gets comments and looks where
ever we go. Even the Coast Guard dropped by, not to inspect but just
to ask how fast she could sail. We typically cruise down wind at 8-9knts
with just the Genny. It sails flat and straight and is easy to tack.
This Hirondelle 24 MK1 with a dual axel trailer (roller banks for easy launching) is ready to go cruising or racing. The boat went through a major refit in 2010.
The following list documents the equipment which was replaced and is NEW
- Raymarine ST40 -Wind
- Raymarine Fluxgate compass
- Raymarine Speed/temp
- Standard Horizon VHF radio with DSC
- VHF antenna and coax cable
- AM/FM radio with Mp3 input and four speakers, 2 in cockpit, 2 in Saloon
- LED interior lights (red and white)
- LED Tricolor
- LED anchor light
- 2 - twenty five gallon flexible water tanks, one forward on Starboard, one aft on Port under the qtr. berth Pressure water in the galley, Whale foot pump in the head
- Yamaha 8hp, high thrust, extra long shaft with electric tilt and start and 6 gallon fuel tank. It gets 12 miles/gallon or better. Also charges the batteries. Less then 75 hours and never in salt water.
- Sugar scoops added to transom giving the boat a 24’ waterline and a great place to get in and out of the water or dingy. The rudder system was completely redesigned. Single kick-up rudder - NACA 12 foil, balanced, mounted behind motor for better control when docking and moving slowly. The rudder is glass over foam and very strong.
- A small nacelle was added ahead of the motor and it reduces slamming.
- All lifelines and standing rigging are Amsteel Blue synthetic.
- There are four opening gates in the lifelines. The Amsteel is stronger and much lighter then the SS it replaced. No fishhooks ever and easy to work with.
- The only S.S. rigging is on the forestay. This is to support the NEW Profurl C290 reefer/furler with a new North soft Norlam 130% Genoa. This is attached to a new bow sprit to move the sail forward for better windward performance
- New genoa sheets and halyard, new spinnaker halyard, all are lightweight, high strength, low stretch racing quality.
- The bottom was stripped and epoxy coated using West 402. There were no blisters. This boat has been in fresh water for at least the last 15 years.
- The entire boat including the mast and boom was repainted using Top Secret epoxy paint. Interior was painted with Rust-oleum top side paint.
- The genoa tracks and cars were also replaced using Garhauer. There are four blocks and cars, two on each side.
- Two burner Colman stove and Colman Oven.
- Lift and remove hinges added to the hatches for easy entry when at the boat.
Also included with this pocket cruiser:
ST 1000 autopilot. it really helps when you go long distances or are
Two mainsails. One older Dacron and the other is a full battened Kevlar main. Both are usable and the Kevlar main is for light air use as it is oversized with a bigger roach. There is also lazy jacks for easy dropping of the main and running backstays for heavy air use. There is also a spinnaker pole and associated lines and hardware.
All lines are led to the cockpit and run through clutches.
The primary winches have been replaced with Barlows.
Humingbird depth sounder and fish finder with the transducer is mounted in the forward starboard locker that looks through the hull. It works great and is offset to give exact readings to the bottom. 0’ means you are touching bottom. There are no through hulls in this boat. It has a solid bottom.
Cockpit dodger with zippered window and Bimini.
Sunbrella covers for dodger window and forward windows
Two anchors - Bruce plow and Danforth style anchors with chain and rode. Bow anchor line is high strength flat nylon webbing on a reel. I love this arrangement and it works great. Line is marked every ten feet.
The bows are plumbed to cut through chop and add to the waterline lenght. They also add safety as they are added in front of the original bows so they can work as crash barriers in case of a major accident.
Most interior cubby holes now have sliding drawers. This makes them much more functional and provides great storage. A Storage area was added beneath the galley sink.
Berth cushions are in great shape with all the bottoms replaced with a breathable material.
There are two floating cushions made with closed cell foam for the cockpit.
There are opening port lights in the aft cabins to provide air flow and cooling in the summer.
There is a complete mosquito screen cover for the cockpit to allow use at night without locking yourself inside.
Includes 4 life jackets. Also has running lights, masthead light and deck light. There is even a gin pole for raising and lowering the mast.
The boat is out of the water and on her trailer. The bottom paint is in fair shape but needs touching up. I have power washed the bottom and is ready for painting.
offers the details of any vessel advertised on it's website in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition
of any vessel. This website is not responsible for the actions or the non actions
of any boat owner.
From time to time it is possible that a boat will be listed here by a boat broker. Brokers are responsible for the accuracy of the boat information presented in their advertisements on this website. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate any boat details as the buyer desires validated. These vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.