S/V Mystic Trader is a Pacific Cruiser 44 Catamaran for sale by owner. The Pacific Cruiser 44 (PC44) is a luxury cruising catamaran featuring 4 cabin’s, solid vinylester glass below waterline with epoxy barrier coat and foam sandwich above using Termanto foam.
A large boat by anyone’s standards, the PC44 has been designed specifically for long distance, short handed cruising. All aspects of the rig and deck layout reflect the cruising mode, with most controls leading back to the helming station. This large elevated platform has a very comfortable pedestal chair for the skipper and all major motor and sail controls are located within arms reach.
The cockpit is very ‘user friendly’, with masses of comfortable seating and protection from the elements, due to the elevated bridgedeck. There is a vast amount of deck space, liberally coated with an excellent glue on non skid tiling. There is a substantial fabricated aluminium walkway which leads forward from the front of the bridgedeck to the forebeam. Either side of the walkway is a large trampoline area, just perfect for soaking up those ultra violet rays. The forebeam is the standard round tubular section with a reverse dolphin striker to’ absorb the forestay loadings.
As one would imagine, there is an abundance of usable space below decks. Stepping into the saloon area from either of the two doors leading from the cockpit, one is immediately aware of the settee and dinette with two drop leaves. Further space is available to starboard for a bar or bookcase. On the aft bulkhead of the saloon (amidships) is a navigation station, which uses a drop down map table and a hinged instrument panel.
The galley would be a good size if it was in a home, never mind in a cruising catamaran. Measuring ten feet long and six feet six inches wide, it is fitted with a long bench down the outboard side of the hull with a double bowl sink and two burner stove. Forward of the galley is the main double cabin, which is located virtually amidships for greatest comfort.
The starboard hull is almost a mirror reverse of the port hull. It has the same layout in both the aft, main and forward areas, but where the galley is situated in the port hull, the starboard area is used as a manual work area.
The spaciousness is felt throughout the vessel with a massive saloon area, workshop area in the starboard hull with a massive range of spares and tools, large cockpit with storage lockers, brand new split mainsheet system with new Seldon blocks and Garhauer stainless steel jammers, braided Dyneema sheets throughout.
Broad flat side decks, massive tramp area (awaiting new tramps which will be included. The sail plan is designed for simplicity and performance with all sheets running back to the cockpit to make her short handed capable. She will carry you safely wherever your dream desires to escape the rigours of today’s living and is almost as spacious as a small house.
The sail plan is designed for simplicity and performance with all sheets running back to the cockpit to make her short handed capable. She will carry you safely wherever your dream desires to escape the rigours of today’s living and is almost as spacious as a small house.
S/V Mystic Trader is Hull number 1 of 5 built and launched as the PC44 (Pacific Cruiser). This stiff, solid and exceptionally sea worthy and strong craft has been FULLY refitted over the last 8 months and is ready to take you anywhere your heart desires. Mystic Trader was built for the Sydney Boatshow and was featured in 1993 on show, she was built over spec (imho) by the legendary bullet proof cat builders Beach Marine.
Total 8 month refit completed this month
- Refurbished aluminium heavy duty mast, new sheaves, new paint, new fittings, new standing and running rigging June 2022 by SK Rigging Brisbane
- Deck Gear Ample winches and handles, all refurbished April 2022
- This vessel has had over $180K spent in the last 8 months to get her totally off grid ready and able to tackle most any ocean or condition that is thrown at her.
- She has strength and quality backing her as she is one of the original hand built over spec vessels that was a breakthrough in her day. No fear of rot as there is no external ply anywhere, she is solid glass with quad and bi axial layups, stronger than any modern day cat and cannot be compared to boats built of ply and glass that are called "composite"......
- Don't be misled and do your research. She has been refitted as the control and tyranny of the last 2 years pushed me to the edge and i do believe we've not see anything yet, but that's my personal opinion.
- A stronger and more resilient cat I challenge you to find.
- She has cruised the East coast of Australia a few times but spent most of her life as a "trophy" vessel and has had minimal use over the years, she was launched under her present name and I am the 3rd owner, the original owner keeping her for 20 years, the previous owner for 12 with only one trip to the Whitsundays and back in those years.
- Apparently she was used mainly with motors (when used) and the previous owner replaced the dated engines with the upgraded brand new Yanmars she now has. Oil and filter changes ever 100 hours.
- List of spares and inventory too numerous to mention here.
- 6 months walk on Marina fees included with sale in Newport Qld
- Inspection and survey welcomed as she is bullet proof.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Mystic Trader|
|Model:||PC44 (Pacific Cruiser 44)|
|Builder:||Beach Marine Australia|
|Construction:||Vinylester solid glass below waterline with epoxy barrier coat and termanto foam cored above using quad and bi axial e glass|
|Loa:||44 foot 6 inches|
|Beam:||26 foot 4 inches|
|Draft:||3 ft 2 inches|
|Mast Height:||64 feet|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||3 feet|
|Fuel Tanks:||600 liter|
|Water Tanks:||500 liter|
|Engines:||2 x Yanmar 3JH4E|
|Engine Hours:||Port - 295 hours, Starboard 300 hours|
|Fuel Consumption:||1.5 litres hour at 6 knots|
|Sails:||Brand new fully battened main awaiting delivery with 3 reefs
Spare back up main
Number 1 genoa 120 percent little use roller furler
Number 2 genoa little use on inner furler
Storm sail unused
Spinnaker in sock little use
- Solid glass using vinylester resin, bi and quad axial glass below waterline
- Epoxy barrier coat below waterline
- Termanto foam cored above waterline using quad and bi axial eglass
- All fixed windows replaced 2022
- Overspec reinforcing at chainplates and bulkheads
- Watertight compartments for and aft each hull
- Keels glassed in creating watertight subfloor
- all through hull fittings replaced / inspected 2022
- Queen berths forward port and starboard with brand new mattress's 2022
- King singles (lovers doubles) aft each hull brand new mattress's 2022
- Toilet and shower for'd both hulls with showers all renewed 2022
- Drain sumps with auto pump out new 2022
- Both for'd master suites have ample storage and seating
- All hatch lenses replaced 2022
- Massive Salon with seating for 12 easily with new upholstery 2022
- Table has storage under for drinks etc
- Table will seat 8 for dinner
- TV, stereo, all lighting throughout vessel changed to LED 2022
- New ceilings throughout 2022
- New flooring throughout 2022
- Total refit 2022 including
- New 2 burner stove and oven
- New water pipes to entire vessel
- All joinery updated
- New alarms for fire and co2
- Massive fridge / freezer capacity
- Pots, pans, cutlery, air fryer, microwave
- Brand new honeycomb light hardtop (2600 x 4200) with water catchment facility to lead to water tanks
- Brand new flooring and pedestal
- Brand new aft split mainsheet system
- All winches self tailing, serviced and perfect
- Complete new 2022 suite of Simrad, plus radar and wireless wind, compass, Icom radio with distress, hand held radio GME.
- New NMEA 2000 Backbone
- Simrad NSS 7 Evo
- Simrad RF25N rudder feedback
- Simrad IS35 digital gauges
- Simrad DST 810 transducer speed, depth, temperature
- Simrad Halo 20 Radar
- WS320 wireless wind indicator and sensor with interface
- Simrad Autopilot AP44
- Simrad Rudder indicator / feedback
- GME T120 AIS transceiver
- Most all electrical upgraded 2022
- New 800ah batteries may 2022
- New 700W solar and MMPT controller
- All wiring is marine tinned copper
- All lights replaced with LED this year
Deck & Hull
Sails & Rigging
- Awaiting brand new fully battened main with 3 reef points
- Brand new Stack pack
- 120 percent furler number 1
- Furler inner forestay number 2
- Storm jib unused
- Spinnaker asymetrical in snuffer as new
- Spare mainsail
- awaiting brand new tramps delivery stated August 2022
Engines & Mechanical
- Engines replaced 4 years ago and have had minimal use due to 2 years of covid plus the passing of the previous owners spouse
- Engines serviced every 100 hours
- All through hulls double clamped
- Engines are as new
- Spare filters, belts, etc included
- 4 person soft bottom Infanta inflatable
- 5 hp Honda 4 stroke outboard as new runs excellent
- Tender stored on for deck
- See above electronics?
- Full set of offshore flares
- AIS transceiver
- Life buoys
- 6 x new PFD's
- 2 x POB's
Anchor & Docking
- 45KG Bruce with 60 meters chain (2022), 100 meters rope (2022)
- Spare 40Kg Bruce with rope
- Sand Anchor
- Tender anchor
- Electric anchor winch with controls at cockpit and fore-deck
- This cat has had an 8 month total refit as my idea was to do a circumnavigation and I wanted to have it bullet proof.
- Brand new 40 lph water maker as well still to be commissioned
- I'm a retired multi hull builder with over 52 offshore cats to my credit
- I single handed her over 1000 nm to bring home and refit
- Approaching 70 I've realised that maybe this circumnavigation (my 3rd) may be a bit ambitious
- Totally open to ANY inspection by the most discerning buyer / surveyor