S/V Coolrunnings is a 1982 Catalac 8M catamaran, for sale by owner. She comes with with 33″ hull extensions/swim platforms/motor mounts.
Electric propulsion, hard dodger allowing complete cockpit enclosure with AC. Sale price can be adjusted by removal of selected items. New Hydrovane and some lithium batteries.
The Catalac 8M is a pocket cruising catamaran which has a solid reputation for quality, strength and durability. Many of the boats found in North America today, were sailed there from Great Britain.
The Catalac 8M, although classified as a pocket cruiser was designed with blue water sailing in mind. Twin diesel models can easily motor almost 1000 kilometers without refueling. The 70 amps of charging and 70 gallons of stock water tanks in the Catalac 8M and 9M make even these smaller boats terrific coastal cruisers. Constructed with solid fiberglass hulls, these are quality boats which were built like battleships.
Chuck Kanter calls them one of the catamaran brands that live on through the decades. The Catalac 8M is masthead rigged with a relatively short, but thick mast. As with all boats in the Catalac production lineup, this contributes to a stable boat with a low center of effort. No Catalac has ever been known to fly a hull under any circumstances.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Coolrunnings|
|Builder:||Tom Lack Catamarans LTD|
|Designer:||Tom Lack and John Winterbotham|
|Construction:||Solid fiberglass hulls; white topsides, decks, and superstructure|
|Loa:||30" / 9 meters|
|Lwl:||28 / 8.48 meters|
|Beam:||13'8" / 4.2 meters|
|Headroom:||6'4" (hulls) / 2.0 meters|
|Draft:||2'4" / .75 meters|
|Displacement:||6700 lbs / 3000 kgs|
|Mast Height:||40' (off water) / 12.25 meters|
|Water Tanks:||20 gallons|
|Holding Tanks:||26 gallons|
|Engines:||Epropulsion POD 3 drives|
|Engine Hours:||Additional 9.9 suzuki 25 hours|
|Sails:||main, 100% jib and custom Code 0|
- Hull construction fiberglass.
- One double forward cabin.
- Simple seating arrangement with two fold down tables.
- One dual voltage 12/120 volt front loading refrigerator/freezer.
- Two induction cooktops.
- Adequate countertops with two fold down extensions.
- Sink with both pressure fresh water and foot pump sea water.
- Helm station wheel steering and controls for both the Electric engines along with a control for the auxiliary gasoline outboard motor.
- Custom hardtop/dodger with sail viewing window and three forward looking windows, one opening for ventilation.
- Full Sunbrella/Isinglass enclosures allowing for both AC and heating of the cabin and cockpit.
- Several large storage lockers one fully insulated and glassed for either ice or the possible installation of an additional refrigeration system.
- B&G 12" plotter with wind instrumentation
- Furuno radar read out to tablet.
- B&G linier autopilot
- Two solar panel systems set up for the charging of 48 volt lithium engine batteries and the other for house systems.
- Electric toilet.
- Twin Epropulsion POD 3 drives with as many as 5 E80 batteries (4100 WH each) There could be a price reduction of the boat by removing three of the five existing batteries.
- Options of 48 volt house with dc/dc step down's for house electrics or lead acid 12 batteries for 12 volt needs.
- Two marine AC/heating systems. One 6000 btu's and the other is a 16000 btu system. Combined they can heat or cool the entire boat including the enclosed cockpit.
Deck & Hull
- I added a custom 26 gallon holding tank with both a deck pump out and direct thru hull drain. The electric toilet with macerator pumps directly into holding tank.
Sails & Rigging
- Standing rigging replaced end of 2022 including fast track on mast to aid in deployment of the main.
- 3 new sails end of 2022. New main and 100% jib on a profurl furler along with a new custom Code 0 on a continous furler.
Engines & Mechanical
- Twin Epropulsion POD 3 electric drives.
- One almost new Suzuki 9.9 extra long shaft fuel injected 4 stroke outboard with power life and controls running to helm station.
- B&G plotter
Anchor & Docking
- Rocna 20 with 300' of chain.
- Various fenders and dock lines.
- Lewmar 700 watt windless with deck switches and remote control.
- Brand new Hydrovane self steering. This could also be removed to help reduce sale price....