S/V Brizo is a 2000 owner’s version Catana Ocean Class 431 catamaran with a tall rig, for sale by owner. She is well built for speed, comfort, and safety. Easily handled by 2 people, or one experienced sailor. Nearly everything aboard is new and best available option within the last few years, from engines, saildrives, sails, solar,…everything which you’ll see in the details below.
We lived aboard and cruised full time with the expectation of doing so for another 20 years, but things change, and instead of having her docked for the next several years, we’ve decided to pass her onto a new owner who can enjoy her like she’s meant for. She easily sails over 10kts without any creaks or signs of stress, and all without worrying about wine glasses tipping over.
Our top speed with her was 16.6kts average through the water over approximately 10 minutes which I’ll never forget, but there’s plenty more available if one wanted to push her closer to her limits. Average speed when planning passages is 8kts with the lighter winds we have down here most of the time. Easy asym or symetrical spinnaker (both with their own socks) make downwind fun and fast even with light winds. With plenty of storage throughout, this boat makes the perfect full time liveaboard vessel ready to sail wherever one chooses to.
Brizo has been well maintained and cared for over the last 4 years while cruising the Sea of Cortez. Prior to that, she received a thorough update including new engines, electronics and rigging. Currently docked in beautiful La Paz, Mexico, Brizo is ready for her next crew. Truly turnkey and capable of easily staying off grid for as long as you can feed yourself without the need to run engines or worry about water or power.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Brizo|
|Model:||431 Ocean Class|
|Builder:||Catana S.A. of Cedex, France|
|Construction:||Hulls, decks and bulkheads are built entirely of sandwich construction under vacuum using Vinylester resin and a core of PVC foam. Twaron aramid fibres are used throughout the interior skin of the sandwich. The bulkheads are all reinforced with carbon fibres on both sides, fully laminated to the hulls, the deck, the coach roof, the cockpit, and all the surrounding structures. The hull/deck joint is glued and completely laminated with several bi-axial materials.|
|Loa:||43 ft (13.10 m)|
|Beam:||23.9 ft (7.30 m)|
|Headroom:||6ft 3 inches|
|Draft:||Boards up 2.6 ft (0.80 m) / Boards down 7.2 ft (2.20 m)|
|Displacement:||17640 US pounds (8000 Kg)|
|Mast Height:||72 ft 0 in; (21.95 m)|
|Fuel Tanks:||95 gallons (360 L)|
|Water Tanks:||140 gallons (520 L)|
|Holding Tanks:||35 gallon|
|Engines:||2x Volvo D2-40F|
|Engine Hours:||750 and 570|
|Fuel Consumption:||0.8 gal per hour with one engine pushing boat at 6.5kts. 1.75 gal per hour with both engines at 8kts.|
|Sails:||1. North Sails radial cut jib 2019|
2. Zoom sails radial cut main -Hydranet dyneema blend- 2021- Incredible sail
3. North sails “Tradewinds Sail” 2020. Easy rollup on screecher halyard.
4. North symmetrical spin w sock- very good
5. Patterson asymmetric spin w sock- good
- Owners version with queen size beds in each aft stateroom.
- Single berth port forward.
- Jabsco quiet flush electric fresh water head (new never used) plumbed to overboard discharge only port forward.
- STB forward dedicated to very large bathroom with separate shower and 6 foot 5 in headroom.
- Raritan household size PH Superflush head new in 2022.
- Commoderizer system which chlorinates incoming seawater which avoids smells or scaling.
- 60psi water pressure at 2.9gpm so not wasting water, but plenty of pressure.
- Large seating area reapholstered with Alacantra Exo 2022.
- Deep seating with thick cushions.
- Very comfortable even for sleeping.
- Table which folds open to seat 6 comfortably, but 8 if you're friendly.
- All lights onboard are warm LED.
- Galley faces cockpit so you're looking at the ocean when washing dishes.
- Tall pull down faucet like in a nice home kitchen
- Force 10 stove with room for a turkey, 3 burners, and a broiler.
- Plenty of storage. We had dishes for 12 at hand using thin Corelle dinnerware.
- 100 liter freezer with front opening latching door. Frigomar system
- 200 liter refrigerator with top opening door. Frigomar system
- Helms are outboard so you can see the sails very well and 3 corners of the boat from either side.
- Both helms have a B&G Vulcan chartplotter.
- STB helm has VHF mic, dedicated autopilot keypad, and new throttle/shift levers 2023.
- Two B&G Triton displays and one H5000 display in cockpit.
- New Andersen 52ST power winch with variable speed motor 2022.
- All lines lead to cockpit with all reefing done at power winch station.
- Exterior teak flooring was replaced with SeaCork in 2020 which greatly reduced temperature while maintaining the classic look.
- Exterior cushions reupholstered w white vinyl and grey piping in 2022.
- All electronics replaced 2019 B&G unless otherwise specified
- 12” Zeus chart plotter at nav station
- 7” Vulcan at each helm
- H5000 hydra CPU
- H5000 wind instrument
- H5000 Boat speed
- 9 axis solid state compass
- AIS transponder
- Autopilot- SImrad NAC-3
- Autopilot drive- Raymarine linear. Spare drive unit included
- 4G Radar
- Autopilot keypad at Stb helm
- H5000 display in cockpit
- 2x Triton displays in cockpit
- Forward scan sonar
- Pepwave router w 2 sim slots
- 2x Network switches
- Fusion stereo, NMEA2k, two fusion amps.
- IridiumGo hardwired w external antennae
- Standard Horizon NMEA 2000 VHF at nav w/mic at helm
- LMR-400 VHF cable up mast w new antenna 2019
- ICOM 710 SSB
- 4x 200Ah Victron Lithium batteries
- Victron Lynx BMS
- Victron Lynx power in Bus
- Victron Lynx distributor
- 2x Victron 30amp DC-DC chargers. Safe and easy charging from alternators
- Victron Quattro 3000W inverter charger
- Victron Color Control GX
- Victron 712 smart battery monitor
- New A/C panel- 115v
- 50 amp SmartPlug shore power inlet and 50ft cord
- All new 115v GFCI outlets
- Warm LED fixtures in all ceiling locations
- 4/0 marine cable run from engine rooms to battery box in salon 2020. Can easily handle 4-500 amps
- 2x 350 watt monocrystalline solar panels on custom stainless bimini mounts 2020
- 4x 125 watt monocrystalline solar panels on davits 2022
- Each solar array has a Victron VE-can MPPT controller. Wired connection to Victron system.
- Air conditioners installed in 2020. Dometic 16k in salon and 10k in stateroom (can run on lithium bank)
- Mast pulled and rewired with new LED fixtures 2019
Sails & Rigging
- North Sails radial cut jib 2019
- Zoom sails radial cut main -Hydranet dyneema blend- 2021- incredible sail
- North sails “Tradewinds Sail” 2020. Easy rollup on screecher halyard.
- North symmetrical spin w sock- very good
- Patterson asymmetric spin w sock- good
- Standing rigging replaced 2019. Forestay is wire, shrouds are Colligo Dux.
- All running rigging is less than 4 years old and is specced at the best possible for application.
- V-100 vectran main halyard
- Only polyester lines are where some stretch is welcome.
Engines & Mechanical
- 2x Volvo D2-40F engines 2019
- 750 and 570 hours
- 2x Volvo 130S saildrives 2019
- Saildrive seals replaced at haulout 2023
- Rod steering so you can feel what's going on and don't worry about leaks
- Optima start battery at each engine 2022
- Spectra 380C 15GPH DC watermaker
- Can be run with one or two feed pumps depending on need.
- Clark pump rebuilt by Spectra in 2019
- Two feed pumps both replaced in 2022
- Two new feed pumps as spares
- New 40in membrane in 2020
- New 40in membrane as spare
- Most hoses and connections have been replaced relatively recently.
- Uses about 20 amps
- Quiet enough that we ran it often overnight and wake up to a full tank.
- EPIRB 2019
- Custom jacklines. Dyneema line inside a twisted webbing strap.
Anchor & Docking
- Lewmar V3 windlass 2019
- Lewmar wireless windlass remote
- Lewmar wired remote with chain counter
- Rocna 40kg anchor 2019
- 300ft 5/16 G4 chain spliced to 200ft of 8 plait rode 2019
- Two backup FX anchors with appropriate chain and rode
- Trampoline replaced w Sunrise tramp in 2019. Laced with dyneema for no squeak.
- Bottom painted w two coats 2023
- All fans replaced with Caframo Sirroco II units 2022. They're the best.
- Boat is ready to go cruising immediately.