S/V Rob Roy III is a 1997 Catana 531, an exceptional performance catamaran for sale by owner.
Designed by renowned architect Christoph Barreau with a weight of 28T, fully enclosed cockpit and large sail area. Built in an era where quality was more important than price point, she is safe, fast and sea worthy making it the perfect choice for a family.
The Catana 531 was first introduced in 1994, and offers luxury and performance on a grand scale unmatched by any other catamaran builder. The Catana 531 is a large and very serious voyaging yacht for a couple or family who need the speed and payload capacity you can only get from hulls of this length and beam. This is a powerful Catana that is perfectly suited for world voyaging.
She represents an ideal vessel for the charter trade and provides supreme comfort for up to eight people without sacrificing any speed of smaller cats. The familiar fractional rig, stream-lined hulls and ease of sailing guarantee a high level of performance. Saloon seating is enormous, with panoramic views and easy access to the bridgedeck galley and bar. All four staterooms, two in each hull, come with their own private head and shower compartment.
Hull number 5 has the configuration of an upstairs galley, with 2 king cabins and 2 double cabins, all en suite, positioned in the wings, giving a feel of space with long hallways.
Rob Roy III has benefited from over 100,000 Euros maintenance and upgrades in the last year. The new owner may feel they want to pay some attention to some interior cosmetic details.
Having crossed The Atlantic 3 times in the last 2 years, the most recent time with 3 children on board she has proven her safety, performance and comfort.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Rob Roy III|
|Designer:||Lock Crowther / Christophe Barreau|
|Lwl:||52 ft 3 in|
|Draft:||2 ft 11 in / 7 ft 6 in|
|Mast Height:||80 ft|
|Engines:||2 x Volvo Penta D275F 75hp|
|Engine Hours:||starboard engine 750 hours; port engine 850 hours|
- 2 x Volvo Penta D275F 75hp engines new 2017
- Engine hours: starboard engine 750 hours; port engine 850 hours
- Sea drives new 2017
- Both engine rooms are large and easy to work in with access both through heads and hatch in aft deck.
- Port hull: owners cabin w/king bed, seating/storage, electric fresh water head, dedicated shower, dedicated washing machine room.
- Port aft: double cabin, under bed storage, electric head full-size insulated door into stand-up engine compartment.
- Starboard hull: king cabin, manual head, sail locker .
- Starboard aft: double cabin, electric head, full-size door into engine compartment.
- Good ventilation in cabins, head and showers with portlights and hatches.
- Abundant storage, wet lockers, full length cupboards, work and tool lockers in both hulls.
- Long hallways in hulls spacious and roomy.
- Large rounded sofa around adjustable coffe/dining table can be removed/used as extra bed with foam inlay.
- There is storage under the generous salon seating.
- 4 opening hatches in the main salon panoramic windows.
- Mesh sunscreens on salon windows.
- Chart table and desk on starboard side of salon.
- Spacious galley with dual fresh and salt water sinks, storage below and next to sink.
- Three burner eno butane stove with oven/grill.
- 6 cubic feet refrigerator with counter top above.
- Separate freezer 3 cubic feet in port hallway.
- further storage in port hallway.
- Teak/Holley laminate floors in good condition throughout.
- White corian worktop with teak/pine laminate cupboards.
- Large, fully enclosed cockpit under a soft bimini with roll up side and back rain/sun shades
- Dual helm.
- Spacious and comfortable cockpit table seats 6 adults easily.
- Great visibility of all four corners of the boat for close-in maneuvering.
- The bimini centre has a panel strong enough to walk on and it provides good access to the mainsail.
- Good storage under the cockpit floor.
- Salt water wash down inside the cockpit.
- Fresh water wash down on transom.
- 2 Raymarine autopilots model ACU400
- B and G forward sonar
- 2 helm stations
- 2 Raymarine hybrid touch screen e-series
- Internal nav station
- 9 Raymarine repeaters throughout vessel
- New AIS
- Sexton plus books
- Radar reflector
- 220 /12V Victron Energy 5000 s Lithium system rewired and overhauled December 2022
- 4 x 200 Watts storage Victron Energy batteries
- Fischer Panda 10000i generator 2020 serviced 2023
- Solar panels: 4 x 350 watts; 4 x 200 watts; 4 x 75 watts
- Silent wind pro wind turbine
- All standing rigging replaced 2022
- Running rigging replaced where needed 2023
- Trampolines replaced 2019
- Mast removed for inspection 2022 2
- ST. electric winches new motors 2022
- ST 58 winches serviced 2022
- All spinlock blocks all serviced
- Fleet 1 sat phone and local router
- VHF ICOM
- SSB radio
- 4G wireless router
- Iridium Go
- Dessalator 90-200 water maker - overhauled 2023
- Water tank 400 litres new 2022
- 2 hot water heaters
- Highfield Classic 3.1 2018 Honda 15hp 2022 serviced 2023 new chaps 2023
- Wide selection of lines
- Anchor Chain 12mm x 80 metres
- Delta 88lb anchor Secondary anchor
- Anchor control at bow
- Lufthans windlass
- Liferaft - 8 man 2022 John Bouy
- 2 x EPERB 5 x lifejackets including 2 with AIS
- Numerous man overboard safety items
- All seacocks working and replaced where needed 2021
- Fire extinguishers throughout vessel in date Smoke alarms
- Full grab bag
- Full set of flares
- Medical kits
- 2 x sets bolt cutters
- Manual portable winch
- Free Dive kit
- 3 large lockers in cockpit
- 2 very large forward deck lockers containing generator, fuel tanks and water maker
- 4 medium sized lockers for gas, lines, fenders and anchor
- Forward peak washing machine room
- Master cabin wardrobe, chest , under bed cupboards, high and low bathroom storage
- Hallway - storage cupboards both sides plus 1 wet locker
- Aft cabin - under bed storage
- Forward peak sail locker
- Front cabin - 2 wardrobes, cupboards, under bed cupboards, high and low bathroom storage
- Mid ship - tools and parts storage and workstation -everything you need to sail a vessel is here plus one wet locker
- Aft cabin - under bed storage, low bathroom storage
- New Bimini.
- Hatch seals replaced.
- New safety lines.
- Running rigging blocks on deck sealed.
- Water maker overhauled.
- New anodes.
- Gel work on decks.
- New dinghy chaps.
- Bottom paint and prop guard to be carried out on completion of sale.