S/V ASPE is a 2016 Fountaine Pajot Helia 44 Evolution catamaran, for sale by owner.
ASPE is hull number #140, an Evolution model launched in 2016. She comes with with 4 cabins and 4 heads. The Helia is a well proven catamaran with several circumnavigations and a well thought out layout.
Our family has sailed the boat since March 2022 and she is fully equipped for comfortable and safe bluewater cruising. This boat has been upgraded by the owner and comes with an impressive inventory list. Haul out with antifoul, hull polish, engine and sail drives service just done (Sep 2023).
This boat is ready for takeover in French Polynesia from April 2024 with some flexibility. Start your sailing dream in one of the most beautiful places in the world!
ASPE offers great comfort aboard without compromising sailing performance. With infused GRP deck that saves on weight while giving structure. ASPE performs better than most catamarans in her category.
This is the later Evolution model with higher and better davits and newer windows (30% more light). ASPE has been offshore cruising since March 2022. Easy to stay of the grid for months without any need to go to port. With extra solar, generator, powerful watermaker, big freezer and fridge she is equipped for your dream adventure.
The two large Yanmar 57 HP diesel engines delivers an economical cruise speed of 6-7 knots with a max of extra power available, if required. The vessel can be sailed singlehanded as all lines are led back to the helm.
The steering helm, which is fully enclosed, probably has the best design in this category, excellent visibility and great size seating area. The cockpit has a lovely spacious feeling with saloon sliding windows that open to integrate the saloon and galley into the cockpit area. The floor is the same level inside as outside that makes it feel like one big room. The galley is very large and has a smart U-shaped form for cooking even in rough conditions. Inside the saloon, the table can be lowered to form a big bed. The cockpit area outside has a table for 8 people and the area is also large enough to project movies on a large screen. For the warmer days, sit upstairs in the spectacular open lounge area on the rooftop for a sundowner or laze back on the double sunbed.
The 4 double cabins are spacious with large double beds (160*200) and have several opening hatches, so ventilation is also excellent, even without air-con. There is a rectangular opening window over the large island bed, plus an opening porthole for breeze at anchor. The 4 heads are spacious enough for both shower and storage of
This is a very well maintained and sought-after vessel that is ready to take a new owner on her next adventure. The boat can be delivered in Marquesas or Tahiti which offer the most fantastic sailing in spectacular scenery.
We are not fully done sailing but have put her up for sale for a long-term contract for takeover from April 2024. This will allow both buyer and seller to plan ahead. We have a brand-new surveyor report we can share for interested buyers. If interested for the new owner, we can also offer the possibility to sail with us for some days to learn all the tips of this great boat.
Highlights & recent upgrades
- Full original canvas enclosure for cockpit (2022), steering helm (2022) and lazy bag (2022)
- Mesh sunscreens for saloon windows (2022)
- Added 540 W of solar (2022), total 940 W
- Strengthened rudder setup by bigger bolt and aluminum enforcement of rudder arms (2022)
- Engines and saildrives large maintenance in 2022 by Yanmar certified team: new saildrive membranes, engine mounts, heat exchangers, axels shaft and seals new belts, new control box and cables.
- New Flexofold 3 blade folding props (2022)
- New Rochna 33 kg anchor with 100 m of chain (2022)
- New genoa and mainsail from Incidence (2021).
- New membranes for watermaker (2022)
- New 6 kg washing machine (2023)
- Many spares onboard, 2 sets of diving gear (BCD and tanks) and 4 sets of professional fishing gear can be included.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V ASPE|
|Model:||44 Helia Evolution|
|Loa:||44' 0" (13.3 m.)|
|Lwl:||44' 0" (13.3 m.)|
|Beam:||24' 6" (7.4 m.)|
|Headroom:||185cm (doors) to 210cm (Cabin/Salon = 6,1- 6.9ft)|
|Draft:||3' 10" (1.20 m.)|
|Displacement:||28,600 lbs. (13,000kg.)|
|Mast Height:||70' 0" (21.4 m.)|
|Speed:||5 to 10 kts cruise; max 15kts|
|Fuel Tanks:||125 GAL / 470 Liter|
|Water Tanks:||200 GAL/ 725Liter|
|Holding Tanks:||12 GAL/ 45 Liter|
|Engines:||Yanmar 4JH-57, Yanmar SD60 saildrives|
|Engine Hours:||Engine 1: hours 2775 hours, Engine 2: hours 2780|
|Fuel Consumption:||3L per hours cruising speed one engine|
|Sails:||Genoa Incidence 46 m2 from 2021|
Mainsail Incidence 70 m2 from 2021
Spinnaker symmetrical (older)
Older set of backup sails - genoa and main.
Dyneema ropes on halyard and reefing lines (2022)
- Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) – infused sandwich construction. Balsacore only above waterline.
- HULL COLOR: White gelcoat.
- Composite fiberglass bulkheads and plywood transverse webs are bonded to the hulls and deck with fiberglass tabbing.
- 4 cabins 4 bathrooms
- 4 beds 160 x 200 / x2 reading lamps in each cabin
- Adjustable saloon table for an additional bed (200 x 200 approximately). Mattress not provided
- Starboard aft cabin: very large storage locker under the bed + a large drawer. Double wardrobe closet
- Starboard forward cabin: very large storage locker under the bed + a large drawer. Double wardrobe closet
- Port aft cabin: a large drawer under the bed (no additional space as this is the location of the diesel tank) 3 large cupboards
- Port forward cabin: very large storage locker under the bed + a large drawer. Wardrobe closet
- 4 showers with dedicated space: You don't get the whole bathroom wet when you take a shower (2 of the heads are currently used as storage/wetroom and for the washing machine)
- 4 manual toilets / 1 holding tank (45L)
- Hot water (40L) by the engine.
- Sofa for 6 people with big fineer table
- Table can be enlarged with extra plate and table can be lowered to a big bed (no cushion)
- Mesh-sunshades all windows in saloon
- Nav station
- Large U-shaped galley
- ISOTHERM large fridge with 2 drawers (180 L). New fans (2022)
- ISOTHERM freezer (90 L). Extra isolation and new fans (2022)
- Eno gas oven
- Eno 3-burner gas hob
- 1 double sink
- Hot / cold water
- Outdoor Force 10 gas barbecue grill
- The kitchen is fully equipped with enough crockery, pots and pans for 8 people.
- Fully enclosed cockpit on all sides. Canvas from 2022.
- sunshades in the back
- Large table outside in cockpit, seating for 8
- additional seating area for 2 people on the side
- Teak-steps leading to steering helm
- Deck shower (fresh water) & swim ladder
- Exterior Upholstery/Cushions
- 4 stainless fishing rod holders
Steering helm & rooftop sunlounge
- Large seating area for 3 people at the helm
- Large fully enclosed steering helm. Canvas from 2022.
- All lines leading back to helm
- Sunlounge on rooftop:
- Lounge area with 2 seats and 2 sunbeds
Electronics & Navigation
- Garmin instruments: Speed, depth, wind,
- Garmin Autopilot – new hydraulic pump in 2022.
- Garmin plotter GPS7410: Large screen at nav station, mirror screen on ipad/iPhone (not provided) etc. via own wifi at helm
- Garmin AIS (send and receive)
- Garmin VHF
- ICOM handheld VHF
- Fusion radio with Bluetooth connection. 4 speakers, 2 in saloon and 2 in cockpit outside
- Starlink antenna and wifi router (220V)
Electricity: Batteries, solar & generator
- 5 x New Victron AGM 165 AH Batteries (June 2023)
- 1 engine start battery 90A (2022)
- 1 generator start battery 90A (2022)
- 2 alternators (on the engines)
- Solar panels: 1 panel 540W installed above davits (2022) and 4 panels on roof 400W
- 2 MPPT 100/50 Victron (1 from 2022)
- Victron Multiplus 2000W inverter and charger
- Victron Battery Monitor BMV-721 with bluetooth
- GX Victron display
- Shore power connector 220 V & 1 cable
- 5 KW Northern Lights Generator (see all details under engines)
- All lights in boat is LED
- Fans in all cabins and saloon
- 220V sockets in all cabins& Saloon
- 12 V sockets in all cabins
- Multiple USB/12V socket chart table
- Powerful Watermaker Hydrotechnique 220 V, 180 Liter per hour
- New membranes 2022
- PPM tester (handheld)
Sails & Rigging
- Incidence Genoa on furler
- Incidence mainsail
- Symmetrical spinnaker
- 1 back-up older genoa
- 1 back-up mainsail
- The boat has the factory mounted bowsprit which is in GRP and very strong, flying the spinnaker on the bowsprit works really well. This bowsprit is also ideal for a code 0 or downwind light sails like a gennaker on a roller and electronic furler.
- Rigcheck by rigger in 2022 with no findings
Engines & Generator
- 2* Yanmar 57 hp engines. SD60 Yanmar Sail drives with Flexofold folding propellers (2022)
- Hours 2750 for both engines
- Many spare parts for engines, e.g. starter and alternator and raw water pump.
- 470 Liter fueltank
- 5*20 Liter jerry cans
- Installed 2 electrical bilge pumps in engine rooms (2022)
- Northern Light ML673 diesel generator 5,5 KW. 1450 hours
- Zodiak 360 cm dinghy with glass fiber bottom and buildt in anchor locker
- Dinghy anchor plus chain and dinghy cover in sunbrella (cover 2022)
- Yamaha enduro 15 hp (2 stroke)
Safety & safety equipment
- Liferaft for 10 persons
- Lifevests for 10 persons including 2 children vests
- Safety lines
- 2 Jacklines
- Backup safety hatches for escape hatches
- 3 fire extinguishers and 1 fire blanket (2022)
- Additional aft protection covers
- Replaced 4 metal through-holes
- Horse-Shoe with LED-Light,
- Flare kit and safety kit (waterproof box)
- Signal horn
- Iridium 9575 sat tlf.
- EPIRB Ocean signal
Anchor & Docking
- Rochna 33 kg anchor (2021)
- 100 m galvanised chain in 10 mm (2021)
- Windlass, Remote Control
- 1 back-up anchor (30 kg)
- 1 stern anchor (16 kg)
- 6 Fenders and lines for mooring
- 4 floats for anchorchain (to avoid coral)
- 2 sets of tanks, BCD, regulators and weights
- Inflatable SUP board
- Body board
- line with handle for pulling boards after dinghy
- 2 rods of professional big game fishing gear. 2 smaller rods.
- Toolbox with tool and various spray, lubrication, paint, etc.
- Diving gear and boards included and fishing gear can be included at a small additional cost