S/V Mantasea is a 2013 Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41 for sale by owner. Fountaine Pajot is a world leader in the production of luxury catamarans and have been building catamarans for more than 30 years.
The Lipari 41 is a fine example of a cruising catamaran that offers good speed, comfortable accommodation and lots of space. It is easily a sailor’s ultimate boat for living aboard or cruising into retirement. ‘Mantasea’ is a 2013 three-owner never been chartered 4 cabin 2 head version in excellent condition, with all the upgrades you would wish for. Having crossed the Atlantic Ocean in 2020, this is a true turn-key boat ready for you to step aboard and sail off into your next adventure.
Since purchased a year ago we have replaced and upgraded the canvas, sails, interior fans, sun screens, bedding, house battery bank, underwater lighting, chart plotter and much more. Registered with the USCG.
The Lipari offers excellent, single-handed sailing performance assisted by the ease of control and view from the raised helm station which has covered protection from the elements, and room for two. The catamaran size makes docking and communication easier in those tight situations. All lines lead to the helm station, allowing you to safely sail without having to go forward. The dual speed electric winch makes raising the fully battened main sail a breeze.
The sugar scoops are great for loading and unloading provisions and provide easy access to the boat as well as a great swimming platform. There is walking space outside of the living area from which you can secure the dingy and prepare the boat to get underway, and hot/cold water are available on the deck shower for a refreshing rinse after a dip in the ocean or snorkeling the reefs.
The open layout of the galley, saloon, rear deck and cockpit increases your living space lending itself to spectacular sunsets shared with friends and family, and the floor is all one level, so you don’t have to worry about tripping. The outside seating easily accommodates eight at the table and includes comfortable cushions and additional lounging spaces. The large Sovereign BBQ is perfect for entertaining in your ocean backyard.
The saloon has a panoramic view with curved windows, and comfortable seating for 6, as well as a forward-facing navigation station. Fitted curtains tuck away nicely, and a full set of outer Sunbrella window shades keep the interior cool and private. The “L” shape galley has an eye-level oven and plenty of counter space. The galley includes a piano style fridge as well as a front-loading freezer.
Each cabin has a full queen-size bed with loads of storage space and 12v fans mounted in each. There are 2 additional single berths upfront with great ventilation. The saloon table also drops down to form a double bed. This two-head design benefits from a much larger shower and electric toilet per hull.
The engines, generator, and boat have been meticulously maintained, and engine hours are low (2000 hrs). The full set of Garmin electronics include Radar, AIS, Chart Plotter (at both the Nav station (new 2021 with touch screen with blue tooth controls and the helm), depth, wind, autopilot etc make sailing and navigating a breeze from the Helm station or the Nav station.
The large dingy and outboard (15hp 4 stroke) allow for extended exploring, and beach and shore access even in tough conditions.
Secure ground tackle and mooring lines, including an over-sized 75lb Rocna anchor provides the peace of mind one needs for a peaceful night’s sleep with anchor camera to make it easier from the helm when single handed. We have never dragged!
Mantasea’s first owner used her for summertime cruising in the Mediterranean and stored her on the hard in the winter months. The previous owners purchased her in 2018, and after spending a year cruising the Mediterranean, crossed the Atlantic at the end of 2019. She has never been chartered, Never has been near a hurricane nor incurred any structural damage.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Mantasea|
|Loa:||39 ft 2 in / 14.3m|
|Lwl:||38 ft 8 in (13.3 m.)|
|Beam:||22 ft 1 in (7.4 m.)|
|Headroom:||195cm / 6ft 5 in)|
|Draft:||3 ft 8 in (1.20 m.)|
|Displacement:||21,600 lbs. (10,800kg.)|
|Mast Height:||58' 7" (12.05 m.)|
|Fuel Tanks:||80 Gallons|
|Water Tanks:||2 (145 Gallons)|
|Holding Tanks:||2 (21 Gallons)|
|Engines:||2 x Volvo_Penta D1-30|
|Fuel Consumption:||.5 gallons per hour per engine|
|Sails:||Reefing mainsail - slab 2013 stack pack great condition
Head sail Furling Jip (New August 2020
Head sail furling genoa (2013 original)
Asymmetric Spinnaker with sock (New August 2020)
Gennaker furling with whisker pole (barley used)
- Number of queen size cabins: 4
- Number of single cabins: 2
- Number of heads and showers: 2
- Additional: saloon table drops down to form double bed.
- Galley “UP”
- Shower x 2 and external shower (new shower heads December 2020)
- Double sink
- The current owners are happy to leave behind the following items if desired:
- All kitchen items.
- Blender, sandwich toaster and induction hob
- Ice Maker
- New winch and grill cover (August 2020)
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder
- external Deck shower
- All integrated electronics are Garmin making it easier to work with one supplier if there are ever any faults
- Plotter x 2 (one at chart table upgraded February 2021, one at helm)
- VHF (as well as a second new handheld VHF)
- AIS (1 transponder, and a 2nd transceiver as backup)
- Wind speed and direction
- 32 Curve computer monitor / TV screen
- Navtex weather unit
- 12 V fans aboard in 4 main cabins and saloon all new November 2020
- Shore Power (multiple adapters)
- 980W of solar on 2 controllers
- Victron charges and inverters
- 220 V /110 shore power installed August 2020
- Water maker – Seafresh – 27 Gph, serviced June 2021
- Generator Whisperpower 4.5 kw (450 hrs)
- 6 bilge pumps - 2 manual / 4 electric with alarms
- 3.2m Hypalon Carib dinghy (RIB), and 2 anchors
- 15 hp outboard with Foil
Deck & Hull
- New Fenders
- Trampoline: (August 2020)
- Folding Chairs (4)
- Surf / paddle board holder
- Fishing Pole holder
- Safety Netting (August 2020)
- Sail covers (August 2020)
- Bimini (August 2020)
- Rain & sunshades (full Sunbrella saloon enclosure)
- Sunscreens (August 2020)
- Pressure washer
Sails & Rigging
- Reefing Mainsail - Slab (2013) Stack Pack
- Fully battened
- Lazy jack
- 3 Reefs
- Headsail – furling jib (New August 2020)
- Spinnaker – Asymmetric (New August 2020 with sock0
- Barely used Gennaker - furling
- Whisker pole for downwind sailing
- 1 halyard winch (electric) (switches replace June 2021)
- 2 sheet winches
- 1 rear winch
Engines & Mechanical
- Engine 1: Volvo-Penta, 2013, D1-30, 2000 hrs,
- Drive Type: Sail drive, folding propeller (3 blade)
- Engine 2: Volvo-Penta, 2013, D1-30, 2000hrs,
- Drive Type: Sail drive, folding propeller (3 blade)
- Fresh water tanks: 2 (145 Gal)
- Fuel tanks: 1 (80 Gal)
- Holding tanks: 2 (21 Gal)
- Fume detector
- Co2 detector
- Life Jackets x 10 (4 self inflating)
- Safety harnesses
- Liferaft (6 person)
- Life buoys
- Emergency steering
- Garmin In Reach
- Iridium Go (July 2020)
- 4 x AIS MOB locators
Anchor & Docking
- Electric Quick windlass (with remote control at helm and in anchor locker)
- Anchor – 75lb Rocna (Lifetime guarantee) and 110m of chain.
- 2nd anchor with chain and rode