The Dog House is an Owners’ Version 2013 Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41 which has undergone extensive modernization since the current owner purchased it in 2018. This a boat that is at home on the hook, dockside or underway.
It is an excellent sailing boat and comfortable to be on offshore or at anchor. It is easily sailed single handed as all lines lead back to the helm which has an electric winch. The helm can be fully enclosed (2018) in the event of inclement weather. Instrumentation includes a new (2020)Raymarine Axiom Pro, 3 i70 displays and RAM mic. There are USB outlets.
The comfortable cockpit is covered by a hard top and provides ready access to the stern and side decks. There is a custom boarding ladder on the port side.Full sun enclosures are available if needed for shade.
The foredeck has bow seats and a new( 2018), comfortable, trampoline done by Sunrise. The 73 lb Vulcan anchor, windlass, freshwater wash down, 200 feet of chain, Mantus bridle and spare Fortress anchor are housed in the deck locker along with a Northern Lights Generator. There is ample room for fenders and lines. A mooring bridle is also provided.
The comfortable salon boasts a three burner propane stove, stainless double sink, oven, freezer (convertible to refrigerator with digital thermostat), refrigerator, flat screen TV, stereo, ample storage, Axiom Pro 12″ monitor, 12 volt fans, 120 volt, 12V and USB outlets. The salon has its own reverse cycle AC unit.
In this Owners’ Version, there are three queen berths. One to starboard which is the owner’s side. Two to port with a shared head. The port bow has a single berth with a port hole, hatch to the deck and reading light. Might even be a fan up there. My granddaughter slept there once but we use it primarily for storage. The starboard bow locker only has access from the owner’s head. That is where the water maker is along with other storage.
The starboard hull is the private owner’s suite. There are 120V and USB outlets, fans, ample closets and drawers for storage, a queen size berth with memory foam topper, reading lights and opening ports. There is a dedicated reverse cycle AC unit. The head compartment has a vacuflush head installed 2018 at which time all sanitary hoses were changed and upgraded. There is a monitor for the holding tank. There is a standup shower area. A solar/battery exhaust fan keeps the area fresh Forward there is a bow locker. The lower half is a watertight collision chamber. Above is a mounted Rainman water maker with two high capacity membranes, rod storage and hooks for line storage.
The port hull houses a guest cabin aft that is virtually identical to the master cabin. There is a hanging locker and shelving. Midship there is a bathroom with new (2018) vacuflush head, new hoses and tank monitor. Forward there is another queen size berth with multiple storage areas. The bow cabin is outfitted with a mattress, porthole and reading light. There is a separate reverse cycle AC for the port hull. All standing rigging was replaced in 2018 with US sourced (Hayn) product. All running rigging was also replaced at that time. The sails were inspected in 2019 and the UV cover on the jib restitched and patched.
The Volvo D 1-30 engines were replaced in 2018 due to EPA recall. The sail drives were serviced at that time. Currently about 650 hours on both. Ample spares on board including zincs for the Volvo folding props. Shaft cutters are in place. The sail drives were refinished June 2020.
The electrical system was upgraded in 2018 with the addition of two additional AGM batteries making a total of 5 house batteries. All batteries were replaced at that time.
A semi-custom stern arch was installed with 990 watts of solar panels on three Victron controllers. The boat is self-sufficient at anchor with no need to run the generator except to make water as long as there is sunshine. There is a 50′ 50 amp shore power cord and shore power adapter (2×30 amp to 50 Amp). The stern arch also has a set of dinghy davits for redundancy. It also serves as a mount for the Sailor satellite dome.
Electronics include autopilot remote, Sirius radio and weather receiver, AIS transceiver, ultrasonic speed transducer with depth and temperature. A streamlined storage container on the hardtop provides a great place to store dive gear and water toys.
A 10′ 6″ AB aluminum dinghy with 15 HP electric start Yamaha and trailer, 6 person Viking life raft and Jordan series drogue are negotiable items as are offshore life vests and harnesses.
- 2 x Volvo-Penta, D1-30 diesel engines 2018
- Bimini with full enclosure (2018)
- New (2018) vacuflush head (2018)
- Two coats of bottom paint applied fall 2019. Touched in June 2020.
- The rubrails were upgraded to stainless in 2019.
- The fresh water system was upgraded with a stainless expansion tank in 2018.
- There are two fresh water pumps new in 2020.
- The navigation lights were upgraded to LEDs and brought into compliance in 2018.
- Magnum charger/2000 Watt inverter
|Catamaran Name:||Dog House|
|Loa:||39 ft 2 in / 14.3m|
|Lwl:||38 ft 8 in (13.3 m.)|
|Beam:||22 ft 1 in (7.4 m.)|
|Headroom:||195cm / 6ft 5 in)|
|Draft:||3 ft 8 in (1.20 m.)|
|Displacement:||21,600 lbs. (10,800kg.)|
|Mast Height:||62’8” to top of antenna (13.45 m.)|
|Fuel Tanks:||300 Liters / 80 gallons)|
|Water Tanks:||550 Liters /145 gallons|
|Cabins:||(crew cabin bow-compartment)|
|Engines:||2 x Volvo-Penta D1-30 30-hp Diesel engines (2018) coupled to sail drives|
|Engine Hours:||650 hrs on each engine|
|Sails:||Reefing Mainsail Fully battened 3 Reefs
Headsail - furling
Stack-pack Main with lazy-jacks
- Number of queen size cabins: 3
- Number of single cabins: 1
- Number of heads and showers: 2
- Additional: saloon table converts double bed.
- Galley “UP”
- Stove - ENO 3 burner
- Double sink
- Freezer (convertible to any temp with digital thermostat)
- Magma propane grill aft
- cutlery, dishes toaster
- All integrated electronics are Raymarine
- Depth-sounder, speed , temperature on integrated ultrasonic transducer
- Autopilot with remote
- Plotter x 2 (12’ AxiomPro at chart table, 9” AxiomPro at helm. WiFi connectivity
- VHF with RAM mic at helm
- AIS Transceiver
- Digital Radar
- Wind speed and direction
- Sirius XM radio and weather receiver
- Flat screen TV with DVD
SAILS AND RIGGING:
- Fully battened main with square top
- Lazy jacks
- 3 Reefs
- Headsail - furling
- Co2 detector
- Life Jackets x 10
- Jack Lines
- Liferaft (6 person)
- Life buoys
- Emergency steering
- satellite phone
- Jordan series drogue
ELECTRICAL AND SYSTEMS:
- 110 volt (US) electrical system
- 50’ 50 Amp shore power cord with adapter for two 30 Amp feeds.
- 990W of solar panels
- 3 Victron controllers with Bluetooth connectivity
- Magnum charger/2000Watt inverter (2018)
- 6 x 12 V fans in 3 main cabins and saloon
- Shore Power (multiple adapters)
- Generator Northern Lights 6 kw (650 hrs)
- 5 bilge pumps - 1 manual / 4 electric with alarms
- external Deck shower
- Fresh water wash down in anchor locker
- 1 halyard winch (electric)
- 2 sheet winches
- 1 aft electric winch for dinghy
- Swim ladder
- Sail covers
- Bimini with full enclosure (2018)
- Rain & sun shades (full Sunbrella saloon enclosure)
ENGINES & MECHANICAL:
- 2 x Volvo-Penta, 2018, D1-30, 650hrs coupled to Sail drives
- folding propeller (3 blade)
- Watermaker – Rainman 37 gph
- Fresh water tanks: 2 (145 Gal)
- Fuel tanks: 1 (80 Gal)
- Holding tanks: 2 (21 Gal)
- 10’6”AB Hypalon aluminum dinghy (RIB) with safety gear
- 15 hp Yamaha electric start outboard
- Electric windlass
- Anchor – Rocna Vulcan 73lb with 200 feet chain, Mantus swivel and Mantus bridle.
- Separate mooring bridle.
- 2nd Fortress anchor and rode.