S/V Tangaroa is a 2004 Lagoon 380 Owners’ Version catamaran for sale by owner. This meticulously maintained Lagoon 380 has no hurricane damage and has been extensively upgraded for live-aboard cruising. The current owners have sailed her across the Pacific and are currently based in Rangiroa French Polynesia.
The Lagoon 380 is the product of many years experience and research and has been very well planned. It has access to engines from the transoms, large cockpit with table and bench seat, rigid walkway on the trampoline, wide side decks. It is distinctly the work of renowned architects, Van Peteghem and Lauriot-Prevost. This boat is innovative and fast, easy to handle and of course very comfortable both at sea and anchor, but above all this catamaran is fun to live aboard!
This highly prized 3 cabin version dedicates all of the starboard hull to the owner. The starboard hull contains a dedicated master suite with a queen sized bed, library, spacious bathroom, separate shower stall and plenty of storage. The port hull contains a second bathroom, a large guest cabin aft with a queen sized bed and a forward cabin with a double bed. All cabins feature hanging lockers and plenty of storage.All spaces are modern, light and well ventilated.
The saloon includes a large seating area with panoramic views, a newly upgraded kitchen and a completely new navigation station. A large outdoor seating area is sheltered under a custom hardtop Bimini and full enclosure. The protected helm is equipped with all new navigation equipment, new engine instruments and a comfortable seat for long passages. The port sugar scoop includes an additional fresh water shower for rinsing off after a swim.
Our plan is to sell our really well equipped Lagoon 380 owners version at the end of this year. Our original goal was it to sail one year around French Polynesia and it is by so far the best thing ever but we have to go back to France for school for the kids and work for us.
S/V Tangaroa was always a privately used boat which has never been chartered . We sailed her for 6 months in each year and then 6 months of dry storage! This is a well known, safe boat which is in a really good condition. She is easy to sail, is a remarkable design, and a has lot of space we that me, my wife, and my 2 kids enjoy very much.
One of the best selling catamarans ever built, this particular Lagoon 380 has been continually improved and maintained to ensure safety, comfort and reliability at sea and at anchor!
We are selling our really well equipped catamaran a Lagoon 380 owners version at the end of this year our goal was it to sail one year around French Polynesia and it is by so far the best think ever but we have to go back home school for the kids and work for us. Tangaroa was always private used by us a german/french family and before by an retired Autriche couple
Sailed 6 months in the year und 6 months dry stored never in charter! It is a save boat in really good condition and easy to sail even single handed (you can host your sails ( electric winch)or drop the anchor without leaving the cockpit this blue water catamaran with his remarkable design provides you with a lot of space 3 comfortable bright (master cabin with spring madrases 180/200 cm) cabins. The boat was always updated 2 new Garmin plotter touch 1220 was installed in 2020 and much more. The engins 2 X 30 cv Yanmar had a big refit in 2020 .
We that’s me my wife and my 2 kids enjoying really much this amazing catamaran which is ready to sail around the world.
Once you experienced this lifestyle you will probably never stop living it producing your own electricity with your solar pannells or your own drinking water is so satisfying keeps you footprint small on the environment.
Having fun with the dinghy which has a double floor alu ab dinghy with a 4 stroke 9.9 hp Yamaha allows you even to enjoy Watersking
Or going on a adventure with the two ocean kayaks is something once you experienced it you will never stop sailing.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Tangaroa|
|Designer:||Marc Van Peteghem / Vincent Lauriot Prevost|
|Construction:||Infused Balsa cored hull construction - white gelcoat; Below the waterline: infused Hull bottom in solid GRP|
|Loa:||37' 11" / 11.6 M|
|Lwl:||36' 1" / 11.3 M|
|Headroom:||6 ft 5 in|
|Draft:||3' 9" / 1.15 M|
|Displacement:||15,700lbs / 7,121kg|
|Mast Height:||57' / 17.7 M|
|Fuel Tanks:||2X 120L|
|Water Tanks:||2X 300L|
|Engines:||2X Yanmar 30 CH 3YM30 Z drive|
|Fuel Consumption:||2L /H|
- GRP cored with high-density PVC & Vinylester resin
- vacuum bonded.
- The hulls are only cored above the waterline.
- HULL COLOR: White gelcoat.
- FRAMING: Transverse webs and plywood bulkheads are
- waterproofed with fiberglass resin
- DECK & SUPERSTRUCTURE: Composite GRP
- There is a molded non-skid surface.
- HULL to DECK JOINT is chemically bonded and
- mechanically fastened
- BULKHEADS: Marine plywood.
- CEILINGS: Molded fiberglass & marine plywood panels
- covered with mildew resistant white vinyl.
- RUDDERS: Composite fiberglass
- A tensioned anodized aluminum crossbeam is bolted
- between the hulls
- Starboard Hull
- Large aft cabin with queen sized bed, & closet
- Mid hull library with USB charging station, two additional closets and a storage cabinet.
- Bathroom forward with electric flush macerating toilet and a separate shower enclosure
- Port Hull
- Large aft cabin with queen sized bed180X200 , spring mattresses and hanging closet.
- Mid-hull bathroom with electric flush macerating toilet and a wet shower.
- Forward cabin with a new bed, new mattresses (2021) and hanging closet.
- Dining table with adjustable legs
- Ample storage below settee seats
- Navigation station to Port
- LED lighting
- Frigoboat water-cooled refrigerator - condenser/freezer
- Dometic DB40 l top loading freezer in custom cabinet (2019)
- Deep double sink
- Large refrigerator with front door access 190 L New compressor 2019
- Top loading freezer in custom enclosure (2019)DOMETIC •
- Kenyon 2-burner induction cooker with anti slip (2020)
- Garbage bin located behind a pull-out cabinet door.
- pots/pans with removable handles
- Utensils, plates, glasses.Nespresso Maschine Toster,vacuum
- Cleaner 2021 ,iron, mixer,jusemaker,sodastream,HP mono laser printer 2019
- Depth Sounder 2 Raymarine depth and GarminPS51TH forward
- View Sonar 2020
- LOG RAYMARIN Tridata ST60
- AUTOPILOT 2X Raymarine Smart 6002 HYDRAULIC/S3 PLUS
- Raymarin Wheel pilot plus remote steering in the saloon
- Both autopilots are installed (2 computer controllers) to change
- between the 2
- Wind instruments Raymarine ST60 2016
- Radar Garmin Fantom 18 2018
- Chartplotter 2 plotter : Garmin 992 Touch(Cockpit) and Garmin
- 1220 Touch 2019
- AIS Active/Passiv Easytrx with USB out
- GPS by AIS external , GPS internal by Garmin
- VHF Navman GPS from AIS
- TV yes Screen only and dvd player
- Stereo yes
- House Batteries (3) 3X 220 AH Lifetime AGM 2017
- Start Batteries (2): 2X 100 AH GEL 2020
- 2 Xanten with remote control and Mastervolt12/50-3
- Watermaker Echotec 50L/h DML-260 (2013) with additional
- mineral filter for better water quality. Runs off Solar power, also runs with separate 100 Ah battery which is charged with the generator 220V.
- Generator Nextgen UCM2-55 5.5kw Diesel
- Wind generator ; Airbreeze
- Solar Panels 4 x 100W (2012) + 2 x 155W (2014)
- + 2 x Votronic Solar charger 420 Duodig + remote display
- Heater 3x Eberspecher Diesel Heater
- Inverter 3500KW Iveco (2019)
- Sore Power yes, 110V + 220V can be used, and feeds 220V
- power sockets in boat. Div connection for marinas USA, euopa, etc. (380-->220)
Deck & Hull
- Hard top Bimini
- LIFELINES: Stainless steel wire to s/s swaged studs and
- turnbuckles through stainless steel stanchions.
- JACKLINES and reinforced attachment points on both sides
- Masthead tri-color combination Anchor and Navigation lights
- Backup navigation lights at deck level
- Steaming light mounted on mast
- Deck flood lights mounted on mast
- Saildrive collar zinc anodes.
- props zinc anodes.
- Port forward external mounted zinc anode
Sails & Rigging
- Rigging Cat Rigg Aluminium See Rigg report 2019
- Fractional sloop rig. Anodized aluminum mast by Z-spars.
- 3' bowsprit
- Genoa 2018, Genoa 2004, Main Sail 2004, Gennaker (Blister) 2004
- Mainsail 5 battens (560 sq ft lt Laoon) (2004) Genoa, Doyle ca 350 sq ft (2018)
- Screecher / Gennaker yes (570 Sq ft) with UV-protection sleeve, (2004)
- Storm Jib Yes
- Bowsprit yes for Gennaker Furlers Yes Selden for the Genaker 2016
- mainsail can be hoisted from the cockpit
- Winches 1 X electric 1X Manuel 1 x spare manual.
- Water toys 2 X Ocean Kayaks (2016) with backrest
- fishing gear
- bbq lotus
- 2X Filtex Alu FLIP- bicycles
- Sewing machine
Engines & Mechanical
- 2 x Yanmar 3YM30, 3 cylinder diesel engines 2004
- 2450 hours each
- Engine cooling - fresh water cooled through heat exchangers.
- Exhaust - Wet exhaust mixing elbow to Vetus water locks
- through looped reinforced exhaust hosing to stainless steel
- skin fittings. •
- Saildrives - Yanmar SD20 (serviced and repainted annually)..
- Fuel Filters - Racor 500FG primary filters / water separators.
- Engine stop - Electric with an emergency fuel shutoff.
- Panel and alarms - Custom engine panels by AC/DC Marine
- with tachometer and alarms
- Engine controls - Morse cables.
- Fuel Tanks - 120 Liters in 2 x aluminum tanks with inspection ports
- Steering - Stainless steel wheel drives chain to stainless steel cables down and aft via sheaves to an aluminum tie bar
- Emergency steering - via tiller that attaches directly to the rudder stock.
- Heater 3x Eberspecher Diesel Heater
- Watermaker Echotec 50L/h DML-260 (2013) with additional mineral filter for better water quality.
- Runs off Solar power, also runs with separate 100 Ah battery which is charged with the generator 220V.
- AB 9,5 ft Lamina AL ALU body double Floor
- Locker for storage
- Fuel tank
- Folding dinghy anchor
- bathing ladder (2016)
- Custom chaps for dinghy (2018)
- Yamaha 9.5hp 4-stroke(2016) new cdi and serviced in 08/2021
- Spare engine 2,5 hp Suzuki
- 20 litre fuel tank located in internal locker
- FIRST AID KIT: Inspected and restocked, Feb 2021
- Plastimo Transocean 6-person life raft in hard container,
- EPIRB: ‘ACR Global Fix Pro 406Mhz GPS Epirb
- Five (2) inflatable lifejackets with integral harness.
- Four (5) passenger lifejackets.
- THROWABLE DEVICES: 1 Horseshoe life-ring (USCG Type IV
- PFD) + man overboard light.
- SEAGO MK3 - man overboard recovery system, auto-
- inflating with strobe light (Oct 2018).
- Gas-powered Air Horns (2)
- 2 Parachute flares
- 4 RED hand-held flares
- 2 smoke cannisters
- DITCH-BAG containing additional First Aid Kit
- 4 x 3lb dry chemical extinguishers
- Fire Blanket
- Wooden plugs, wedges, rubber plugs.
Anchor & Docking
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: 25kg / 55lb ‘Rocna’ anchor , 110 m
- chain hot dip galvanized 70M (2017) plus 40 m SS
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: ‘Fortress FX -73’
- WINDLASS: ‘Lofrans Tigres’ 12 -v / 1500W electrical
- windlass with a remote control and secondary control at helm
- A large assortment of fenders (20), mooring lines and
- anchor bridles
- 2 x 300 liter fresh water tanks with ultrasound gauges in
- the saloon
- 1X 80 L holding tank
- Marine Toilets - 2 x Jabsco quiet flush 12 Volt marine
- toilets with commodoriser water treatment system.
- 1 x Whale Gulper 220 port shower or bilge pump.
- 1 x Whale Gulper 320 starboard shower or bilge pump
- 2 x Rule 1100 GPH submersible pumps and automatic
- switches in each amidships bilge.
- 2 x Rule 800 GPH submersible pumps and automatic
- switches in engine compartments.
- 2 x Henderson manual bilge pumps in the cockpit
- Showers: 2 interior showers and one external (port
- Water Maker:eco tec 50l/h
- Water maker complete overhaul with reverse osmosis
- membrane replaced in Feb 2021