S/V Best Day Ever is a 2008 Lagoon 420, for sale by owner. There are no other Lagoon 420 Owner Versions on the market in such great condition! Located in West Palm Beach, Florida.
These last several months my family and I have created unforgettable memories. Myself, my wife, and our two kiddos age 10 and 5 have had the chance to experience what most spend their lives just dreaming about. Sailing into the blue, discovering places we didn’t know existed, meeting amazing people in the boating community and seeing some of God’s most beautiful creations. We’ve caught tons of fish and some lobster, and have enjoyed many for dinner. The sunsets we’ve seen have been priceless and experiencing the adventure of nothing but water as far as the eye can see, while a little intimidating at first, in just a couple short weeks time became freeing and full of excitement!
The Lagoon 420’s are large and spacious. This is an owner version with 3 Cabin with queen beds and 3 separate private heads with electric freshwater toilets with large enclosed showers (no wet heads). The cockpit is slightly below deck level to allow for movement around the perimeter of the boat. The helm sits high and has almost 360 degrees of visibility, a crucial feature severely lacking in many catamarans.
The inside of our catamaran has the volume of a much larger boat. The doors to the saloon open wide enlarging living space. The galley looks out into the cockpit so the cook never has to feel left out and snacks can be served easily.
Outside, the stern platforms are wide with safe access to the dingy. There is plenty of space to walk around the boat with hand holds strategically placed where needed. The hard bimini will allow you to easily tuck in the sail after anchoring.
A great boat for family living and comfortable sailing. Turn key and ready for cruising!
- Brand New bottom paint job Jan 2023
- Brand New sail-drive paint job Jan. 2023
- Total sail-drive maintenance done Jan. 2023
- Complete clean and reseal of sail-drives Jan. 2023
- New Gracco brass seacocks Jan. 2023
- 2 New shower Whale Supergulp pumps
- Electrical work (interior/exterior lights, outlets, electrical winch rewire, etc)
- $1,000+ of engine oil, fuel filters, and oil filters
- New bright LED lightbulbs throughout
- AC units checked and serviced
- Spectra watermaker serviced and new pump installed
- Generator serviced
- Freezer serviced
- Our catamaran has no annoying boat smells!
- US Coast Guard documented vessel
- Our 2022 Highfield 380 Classic Dinghy (12’ 6”) with 40 HP Yamaha with brand new Raymarine chartplotter and HV-100 transducer (we paid $24,000) is negotiable in deal, but not included.
Recent Upgrades and Highlights
- New super strong solar arch/tower and dinghy lift
- New induction cooktop (much safer than gas stove)
- New microwave/air-frier/broiler/convection oven
- Stainless steel outdoor grill on custom table / fish filet station
- New outside custom Sunbrella Marine aft and bow cushions, exterior decoration pillows
- New custom exterior window frames (1 extra included)
- New stack pack
- New main, spinnaker and utility halyards
- New harken blocks on mainsail
- New water heater
- 2 New interior wall fans
- New trampoline and dinghy Dyneema lines
- Spectra watermaker with digital panels. Fully upgraded stainless steel parts (only one company in the US that does this!)
- Raymarine Chartplotter, AIS, Radar, EPIRB, Flat screen TVs
- New chart chip for Raymarine Chartplotter
- Digital windlass chain counter and remote
- Raymarine Autopilot with wireless remote
- Joystick controls at navstation
- 3kw Victron inverter, 2 Victron battery chargers, 4 Solar Panels
- Large fridge and freezer
- New interior and cockpit lights
- Depth reading in starboard hull and chirp Downvision in port hull
- 4 SeablazeX2 underwater full color spectrum RGBW lights
- 4 ACs that cool the boat very well
- New Raritan Marine Elegance freshwater flushing toilets (new hoses)
- New bronze through hulls ball valves and Groco strainers
- New bronze Groco seacock inlet valves
- SD60 sail drives new in 2019
- New AC and head plumbing hoses
- Powered by Twin Yanmar diesel engines with low hours
- Onan Genset Generator 11.5kw 120/240 V 60 Hz
- Splendide washer/dryer combo
- Extra storm anchors, New Rocna anchor
- JL Audio speakers in cockpit, Sirius radio and antenna
- Handrails for port and starboard salon stairwells
Continue to S/V Best Day Ever's Catamaran Photos
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Best Day Ever|
|Designer:||Van Petheghem/Lauriot Prevost|
|Construction:||Fiberglass polyester and vinylester resin and Foam sandwhich hulls - white gelcoat. Solid glass under waterline|
|Loa:||42 ft (12.8 m.)|
|Lwl:||40 ft 4 in (12.3 m.)|
|Beam:||24 ft 7 in (7.5 m.)|
|Headroom:||6 ft 7 in (2 m)|
|Draft:||4 ft 2 in (1.27 m.)|
|Displacement:||30,000 lbs / 13,382kg|
|Mast Height:||68' 0" (20.7 m.)|
|Speed:||Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 2500 RPM|
|Fuel Tanks:||160 gallons|
|Water Tanks:||92 gallons|
|Holding Tanks:||92 gallons|
|Engines:||2 Yanmars 3JH-4CE|
|Engine Hours:||low hours|
- Access into the salon is from the cockpit through a sliding glass door on the same level.
- Newly upholstered seating around a large dinette table that can be interchanged with the cockpit table.
- The light oak Alpi woodwork and the laminated wenge floor give a modern and relaxing feel.
- The longitudinal galley opens directly to the cockpit giving a nice flow between the two.
- The galley is fully equipped with separate fridge and freezer, numerous lockers.
- Large and open salon with dining table that interchanges with cockpit table.
Owner's Suite (Port Hull)
- The port hull of this 3 cabin owners version is in fact a suite.
- Large bed, sofa, 26 inch Flat Screen on movable mount
- Lots of storage including hanging lockers.
- The washroom on this owners side is very spacious and has a separate shower stall.
- Aft is a semi-island queen berth with ample storage and a head with shower.
- Forward is another guest berth with separate head with shower fully forward.
Galley & Salon
- Galley in salon communicating directly with cockpit via a sliding glass door and bay window
- Dual Stainless Steel Sinks
- 3M Water Filtration unit with separate faucet at the sink
- Newport Spectra Watermaker 25 to 30 gph installed servicing port tank
- LED overhead lights
- Beige laminate countertop with wooden fiddles
- Induction cooktop stove
- Convection oven
- Cupboard under sink with trash can behind door
- Multiple storage under central seating area
- Overhead cupboards
- Lots of storage spaces
- 1x12V fridge 135 L / 30 gal
- 1x12V freezer w/drawers / 30 gal
- Standing headroom: 2 m / 6 ft 7 inches
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine chartplotter
- Navionics Platinum Plus Chart Florida & Bahamas
- Raymarine life-tag system
- Raymarine AIS Transmitter, VHF Anteanna and VHF RF Antenna
- Raymarine Radar
- Rudder Joystick at the chart table
- VHF cable and antenna in mast
- Powder coated Dome Bracket
- 2 Flatscreen TVs with moveable arms
- Added 110VAC Outlets throughout
- Backlit 12 V Electrical panel
- LCD display with: voltmeter, amp-meter, water level gauge, diesel level gauge, low level alarm for diesel and water tanks.
- Onan Generator 11KVA 110V/60hz with cocoon
- One AGM Generator start battery: 12V - 79 aH
- Two AGM Series 31 Starting Batteries for Engines
- Six 12V Lifeline AGM Deep Cycle Batteries for House Bank
- Upgraded 2X Victron Phonenix 12 Volt, 50 amp chargers
- 1850 Watt Sinusoidal Invertor w/remote switch
- Solar Power
- Splendide washer/dryer
- 4 Cruisair Marine AC units
- Polyester and vinylester FRP construction
- Foam core composite hulls - white gel coat
- Solid glass FRP under waterline
- Balsa core composite deck and bridge deck
- Solid or felt core composite interior FRP hull & roof liners
- FRP reinforced marine ply bulkheads; tabbed or glued to hull
- The deck is uncluttered so moving around is easy: wide sidedecks, flush deck hatches, plenty of lockers.
- The aft passerelle allows passage from one transom to the other without going back up in the cockpit.
- The cockpit with its large benchseats and a table is protected from the sun and the bad weather by a rigid bimini top with front and side panels.
- All the control lines can be handled by one person from the helm station, freeing the other living spaces for the guests.
- The foredeck is exclusively dedicated to relaxation.
- Anodized aluminum deck-stepped mast with mainsail luff cars
- Single spreaders
- 1 Anodized aluminum boom
- 2 Shroud deck chainplates
- 1 Forestay chainplate on composite central rostrum
- 1 Double purchase main halyard
- 1 Genoa halyard
- 1 Double purchase mainsheet led back to helm station, mainsheet traveler and car on hard top bimini.
- 2 Genoa sheets
- 2 Genoa sheet tracks
- 3 reefing lines (2 automatic and 1 conventional)
- Line jammers
- 1 Fixed mainsail clew padeye
- 1 Genoa furler line
- 2 Adjustable lazy jacks
- 3 Winches at helm station:
- 1 Winch 46.2ST for: - Port mainsheet traveler line - Starboard mainsheet traveler line - Port genoa sheet
- 1 Electric Winch 44.2STE for: - Main halyard - Genoa halyard - Optional spinnaker halyard - Boom topping lift
- 1 Winch 46.2ST for - Main sheet - Reef 1 (automatic) - Reef 2 (automatic) - Reef 3 (conventional) - Starboard genoa sheet - Genoa furling line
- 2 Winch handles with holder
- 1 Full batten large roach mainsail, 62 m2 / 667 sq ft.
- Doyle Mainsail cradle cover
- 1 Furling genoa with UV protective band, 35 m2 / 377 sq ft
- Working Sail Area : 1054.00 sq ft
- Bowspirt Option for flying cruising chute and gear
- Portside winch for cruising chute trimming
- Doyle Code 0 Asymentrical Cruising Chute with furlex furler
- Running Rigging
- Main, Genoa and Spinnaker halyards
- Three (3) winches at Helm Station
- 2x 46 ST and 1x 44 STE electric for Main/Genoa Halyard
- Three reefing lines (2 Auto and 1 Conventional)
- Line Jammers
- Boom topping lift
- Anodized aluminum boom
- 6 person life raft
- Fire/Smoke and CO2 Alarms
- Current Fire Extinguishers
- 2022 Highfield 380 Classic Dinghy (12’ 6”)
- 40 HP Yamaha
- Brand new Raymarine chartplotter for dinghy
- HV-100 transducer for dinghy
- We paid $24,000
- Negotiable in deal, but not included.