SV Salty Girl is a 2006 Leopard 40 catamaran for sale by owner. This could be the best equipped Leopard 40 on the market!
The leopard 40, built in South Africa by Robertson and Caine have an excellent reputation. They were designed by Morelli & Melvin, naval architects, who are specialists of prestigious multihulls, including the America Cup boats. They are fast and easy-to-maneuver when single-handed and her fine entry bows allow the Leopard 40 to tack under mainsail alone in less than 8 knots of wind. Her winches are ingeniously placed near the helm for easy handling.
The 3 year refit is complete, and our plans have changed. You gain from our investment and hard work. Many boats in this size range will make you feel like you’re camping; NOT this boat! Ready for cruising couple or family with upgrades to make you feel like a condo on the water.
Salty Girl is NOT a hurricane damaged boat, and has had NO insurance claims. This means cheaper insurance coverage. Our vessel is registered and has US Coast Guard papers. She is floating in US waters 25 minutes from the international airport in St Thomas, USVI.
Her Galley is practical with large cabinets for storage and a countertop which facilitates the passage of dishes at the table in the cockpit. Dining accommodates eight people sitting comfortably, while leaving free access to the cockpit. The cockpit transitions to aft steps to the water.
These boats are light and fast. The lighter weight allows her to ride easily over waves and her sharp bows and clean underwater profile cut cleanly as well as minimize drag. Visibility is excellent over the coach roof and a sliding door in the hard cockpit bimini makes it easy to keep track of sail shape.
The 4 cabin, 2 head layout is perfect for a couple or a family of 4 to 6. Big enough to fit everyone, but not so huge as to be a handful for a small crew. Plus, she sails pretty quickly! Queen berths x 4, plus a small bunk in the forepeak of each hull. 1 head in each hull, each with a separate shower stall. She has 2 40HP Volvo diesels with just 700 hours on them!!
This Leopard has 24 hour alternating current, supplemented by over 1060 watts of solar and 12 lithium batteries. Victron Quatro and new Phasar auto start generator complete your energy system. 2 new slow start Dometic Turbo 12K BTU with soft start air conditioners even run off solar, although tinted windows keep the heat out and views clean. This boat is ready to step aboard, live, enjoy and sail.
She is a beautiful, spacious and comfortable vessel with space up to ten persons that is ready to set sail with her new owner.
- Lithium/Solar/Victron Quatro/Phasor genset- seamless high amperage electrical ac/dc power, saving electrical motors throughout the boat. Victron Quatro switches between available power sources automatically while using the house batteries to supplement amperage if necessary. (2020)
- 24 Volt Lithium- 12 Lithium batteries separated into 3 banks with ANL fuses and remote battery switches ensure safety. 24 volts reduced with Victron transformers (2) to provide a steady 14 volts to house dc. Saves electrical motors long term. Victron battery saver installed to protect batteries from house taking power if supply dips below predetermined amount.- (2020)
- Volvo engines and sail drives- all four replaced new by Volvo (2019) Sail drive seals replaced yearly (two times)
- Thru hulls- Eliminated barnacle and sargasm from plugging water flow by replacing 3/4 in. thu hulls with 1 1/4in thru hulls (2) All four pieces are Groco solid brass with grates outside of boat thru hull. You will thank me someday for this.
- Cabin/Cockpit upholstery replaced (2020)
- Rainman Water maker- larger unit with 40gph production. Simple and easy to maintain far preferred over Sprectra.
- Phasor 8k compact Generator- installed w auto start controller dictated by Victron Quatro on house battery voltage. Phasor is recommended as simple with no computer and reliable Kuboto diesel. Raw water pumped redundant with both a mechanical and ac pump next to Groco strainer.
- Froli "Zona" Modular Sleep system- aft beds, no longer feel like a "boat mattress." Be ready to be impressed.
- Jasco quiet flush electric heads with fresh water flush and dual macerators to ease draining of tanks. Just hit a switch and tank is drained. No more plugged drain lines to stress over.
- DC Fridge- new handles, new seals, new compressor controller. When the Lithium's were added, the fridge system became a strong point in the boat. We freeze things, not just keep cool.
- Main sail- OEM Ullman main sail is new in a box.
- Trampoline- OEM Ullman replaced (2020)
- Bottom Paint- bottom refinished with highest quality paint (outside us as illegal to buy in US) (2020)
- Bilge Pumps- all four pumps, switches, controllers, and wires replaced (2019)
- Sirocco II Fans- all six replaced non OEM new (2020)
- HIgh speed USB chargers- both Android and Apple compatible (6 locations)
- Installed/Replaced ac receptacles (18)
- Shore Cords and receptacles- Smart plug receptacles (2) fore and aft locations. Two cords totaling 100ft.
- Victron Monitor- color display indicates power being generated/used/stored on a static display (2020)
- DC main panel- all breakers replaced (2020)
- Fusion Stereo- Head unit, two amplifiers, 8 speakers, and one sub.
- Reading Lights in cabins
- Wood Trim throughout interior refinished (2020)
- Raymarine gages and Autopilot new (2019)
- Garmin Chart plotter with touch screen (2020)
- Raymarine VHF digital radio w remote handle (2019)
- All pumps from Volvo raw water to AC pumps have back ups ready to install
- Tinted Windows throughout boat (2020)
- Washdown fresh water pump (2020)
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Salty Girl|
|Builder:||Robertson & Caine (Cape Town, South Africa)|
|Designer:||Morrelli and Melvin|
|Construction:||GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich|
|Loa:||39 ft 4in / 11.99m|
|Lwl:||37 ft 6 in / 11.62m|
|Beam:||22 ft 1 in / 6.72m|
|Headroom:||6 ft to 6 ft 6 in / 2.0M|
|Draft:||3.5 ft/ 1.2 m|
|Displacement:||20591lbs / 9340kg|
|Mast Height:||63 ft 10 in / 19.45m|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||2 ft ( 54 cm )|
|Fuel Tanks:||140 gal|
|Holding Tanks:||25 gal|
|Engines:||2 x 40 hp Volvo|
|Fuel Consumption:||2 gals/hour|
|Sails:||New OEM Mainsail from Ullman. Still in shipping package.
Fully battened mainsail with slab reefing
Main lazy Jacks
Profurler Head sail furling (rebuilt 2019)
2-Harken 2 speed 46 self tailing winches cockpit (rebuilt 2020)
2-Harken 2 speed 40 self tailing winches mast mount (rebuilt 2020)
Sparcraft Aluminum Spars with Stainless steel wire
- Cabins: 4
- Beds: 4 queen, 2 twin
- Heads: 2 with Jabsco Quiet Flush Electric (fresh water) and 2 macerators
- New poly waste tanks, fittings and hoses
- Air Conditioning: 2 new Dometic Turbo 12K BTU with soft start
- Upholstery: New in 2019 Sunbrella fabrics Lime green in salon Grey in cockpit
- Ventilation: 6 Sirocco II fans in cabins and galley
- Storage: Hanging lockers in all cabins Huge storage under beds
- Hob: 2 burner Force 10 new 2018 with oven
- Corian Counter top with fold out bar shelf
- Fridge/Freezer: Rebuilt 2020 Front opening Seafrost 12V cold plate
- Sink: double basin SS with new Moen Faucet
- Storage: 6 cupboards with doors, drying sink next to SS sink
- Garbage: Large functional bin closet
- Large storage counter behind Hob
- Raymarine Color instruments (3) wind detection, depth, autopilot.
- Garmin touch Chartplotter
- Victron battery protect house battery
- Victron battery protect start batteries (2)
- Remote battery switches
- Victron color monitor
- Victron Solar mppt controllers (4)
- Victron Smart dongle
- Victron Battery monitor
- Victron dc Converter (2)
- Victron Quatro 5000v pure sine wave charger/inverter
- Victron Octo controller
- Voltage: 24/12 DC split 100 AC
- 12 Lithium House Batteries 24 volt 1000 AH+
- Method of House charging: solar, generator, shore cords (2)
- 12 V OC Main Panel
- Solar Panels: 4 LG 260 XY
- Victron Quatro charger/inverter
- Victron color display monitor
- 2 alternators on start volvo engines, 100 amp each
- Shore power: 30 amp with smart plugs in fore and aft locations
- 2 Air conditioners: Dometic Turbo 12k BTU with soft start
- LED lighting throughout
- 6 Sirocco II fans
Deck & Hull
- Swim ladder
- Large single piece trampoline
- Transom Shower
- Magma Catalina II grill
- Complete fishing gear
- Many spare pumps and parts
- Spacious lockers
- Rudder seals and bearings, both sides replaced 2019
- 1 Rudder rebuilt 2019
- Hull: GRP sandwich with balsa core
- Deck material: Textured GRP
- Steering system: Wheel
Sails & Rigging
- Ullman OEM main sail still in bag, older unit in place
- Ullman OEM jib sail
- Profurler Head sail furling
- Main lazy jacks
- Stack Pack
Engines & Mechanical
- 2- Volvo D2 40hp (2019)
- 2- Volvo Sail drives (2019)
- Engine hours 800
- Phasor 8k compact generator (2020)
- Morse controls- cables changed (2019)
- 2x2 blade Volvo props
- 2- 46 gallon engine fuel tanks
- 1- 50 gallon generator fuel tank
- 2- 100 gallon fresh water tanks
- 2- Water heating system- force 10 6 gallon
- 2- 5 gallon water containers
- 2- 5 gallon gasoline containers
- 4- 5 gallon diesel containers
- Transom shower
- Rainman ac water maker high capacity 40gph
- Parker water separator/filter on each engine
- 12ft AB with fiberglass bottom w 18hp Tohatsu
- 6 gallon fuel container
- Fuel water separator/filter
- Garmin touch Chartplotter
- 10 lifejackets, various sizes and types
- bilge pumps: 2 manual and 4 automatic
- 2 fire extinguishers
- smoke/carbon monoxide detector
- flare kit
- emergency throw ring
Anchor & Docking
- Anchor: Mantus 65 lb, new 2019
- Rode: 300 feet galvanized steel, new 2019
- Fenders: 6 various size
- Bridle and hardware new 2019
- 2 boat hooks
- 8 dock lines, various sizes
- secondary anchor and rode
- Snorkel gear: Cressi brand, 4 sets
- Beach toys
- Propane tanks: 1 fiberglass 20 lb 1 fiberglass 10 lb
- West Marine Kayak w paddle
- Sundolfin Stand up Paddleboard/SUP w paddle
- Washdown hose and nozzle
- Underwater light