S/V Time out is a 2005 Robertson & Caine Leopard 43 for sale by owner. After five amazing years with S/V Time Out, the time has come for her to find a new owner and embark on a fresh set of sailing adventures.
She has been well cared for, conveniently located in St. Croix USVI, and documented with the USCG. S/V Time Out is located in the premier Marina on St Croix, Green Cay Marina, and the slip can transfer to her new owner.
The Leopard 43 was designed in collaboration between Simonis-Voogd Design and Robertson & Caine. The concept of the Leopard 43 is the maximizing of space, performance and comfort. The Leopard 43 is a true Caribbean cruiser featuring a full batten, self-stacking mainsail, 120 percent roller-furling genoa and twin 40 hp Yanmar diesel engines. Four cabin layout offers generous space and sleeping quarters.
Built in Cape Town, South Africa, the Leopard 43 features 4 spacious double cabins, each with private head (fwd head converted to electric) and shower, two single berths in the forward bows, a modern galley-up design with panoramic views. We removed the toilet from the fourth head to make it more suitable for showers and storage.
Corian work surfaces and a U-shaped saloon with seating for 8 guests. The Leopard 43 is equipped with complete electronics and high-powered engines, giving great performance under power as well as sail.
The cockpit has 360 degrees of visibility from the double helm seat and a hardtop bimini provides shade. In addition, the cockpit has walk through access to the swim platforms, a full electronics package, AIS, Solar, premium bluetooth stereo, a large drop leaf table and lots of seating. A wide door opens to the luxurious saloon.
On deck the spacious cockpit is covered by a hard-top bimini and leads on to the large aft swimming platform. All control lines are lead aft to the raised helmsman’s seat making navigation and maneuvering easy.
The Leopard 43, built with robust South African Standards, received glowing reviews in major sailing magazines. The salon table converts into an additional double bed. the navigation area is starboard, facing aft. Each of the cabins has large double berths, the forward cabins with walk around access, overhead opening hatch, a hanging locker, a settee with storage, overhead lighting, reading lights and 12V cabin fans. Each head has a wash basin, oversized toilet bowls and large shower with manual sump pump and hanging shower head fitting.
A large gourmet galley-up allows your designated chef to be part of the action in the salon. Large storage accommodations, and ample work surfaces, make provisioning and preparation easy.
Brightly lit and well ventilated for maximum comfort, the saloon features a plush V-shaped settee and a large dining table that converts to a double berth. The adjacent galley has all amenities and plenty of Corian counter space. Two electric heads and one manual head are currently installed S/V Time Out. There is ample storage space throughout.
Included with the sale price is a 12ft AB Tender with a Yamaha 30 hp primary engine and Tohatstu 18hp spare, all in great working order.
Recent upgrades include a Raymarine Axiom Chartplotter.
- Vespar Marine AIS, New Raymarine Chart-plotter and Multi Function Displays, with integrated NMEA/Wifi connectivity
- Outfit with 600w of Solar Power, Sterling Battery Charger, and newly upgraded high power inverter.
- A/C in the saloon and forward cabins and a newly replaced SeaFrost system
- Well cared for and ready to sail
- Available with slip in Green Cay Marina
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Time Out|
|Builder:||Robertson and Caine Cape Town, South Africa|
|Designer:||Alex Simonis and Maaten Voogd|
|Construction:||GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich|
|Loa:||42ft 6in / 12.95M|
|Lwl:||37ft 9in / 11.50M|
|Beam:||22ft 9in / 6.93M|
|Headroom:||6ft 6" / 2.0M|
|Draft:||4ft 7in / 1.4M|
|Mast Height:||63ft / 19.20M|
|Speed:||DESIGNED BOAT SPEED: 8kts.|
|Fuel Tanks:||95 USG in two 180lt aluminum tanks (amidships port & starboard – below the cabin sole).|
|Water Tanks:||206 US gallons in two (390lt) plastic tanks amidships forward of the mast.|
|Holding Tanks:||2 x 18-gallon / 70lt aluminum tanks – between the two heads in each hull. Shore side pump out or gravity drain.|
|Engines:||2x Yanmar 40hp Deisel Engines|
|Sails:||Mainsail, Furling Genoa|
- HULL MATERIAL: Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) balsa core. Isophthalic gelcoat is used to help prevent osmosis.
- HULL COLOR: White gelcoat.
- FRAMING: Fiberglass grid units, giving longitudinal and transverse strength to the lower hull, are bonded to the bilge areas forward and aft with fiberglass tabbing. Balsa cored fiberglass and plywood bulkheads are bonded to the hulls with fiberglass tabbing.
- DECKING & SUPERSTRUCTURE: Composite fiberglass using balsa core. There is a molded non-skid surface.
- HULL to DECK JOINT: The deck is chemically bonded and bolted between an internally flanged hull and anodized aluminum toe rail. The bridge deck is laminated to the hulls with fiberglass.
- RUBRAILS: White plastic rubrails around the transom lips.
- BULKHEADS: Marine plywood and composite fiberglass bulkheads.
- CEILINGS: White vinyl over marine plywood panels.
- KEELS: Integral fiberglass keels.
- RUDDERS: Skeg supported, balsa cored fiberglass rudders with stainless steel rudderstocks.
- BOWS & additions: A tensioned anodized aluminum crossbeam is bolted between the hulls and there are two trampolines.
- STERNS & additions: Reverse transoms with molded steps and a hinged stainless steel swim ladder to port. A molded fiberglass swim platform between the hulls supports a set of fiberglass dinghy davits. There is a fiberglass arch supporting the mainsheet track and a ‘hardtop’ bimini. There is an acrylic observation window above the helm position.
- BALLAST: None.
- THROUGH HULL FITTINGS (below w/l): Bronze skin fittings and bronze ballvalve type seacocks. Nylon skin fittings above the waterline.
- DECK HATCHES: 10 ‘Lewmar’ aluminum framed, deck hatches.
- OPENING PORTLIGHTS: 18 aluminum framed opening ports.
- EMERGENCY ESCAPE HATCHES: One ‘Lewmar’ aluminum-framed hatch (saloon floor – amidships).
- 2 single bunks in each bow
- 2 forward double staterooms
- 1 forward head with shower
- 1 forward shower
- 2 staterooms in aft
- 2 heads with showers in the aft
- Settee with a dining table
- Navigation station to starboard
- Ample storage below Settee seats
- 1 double sink
- 1 recessed drying cabinet
- Corian countertops throughout galley
- 1 frezer with front door access
- 1 refrigerator : ‘Sea Frost’ 12-v air-cooled compressor with front door accessR
- 1 ‘Force 10’ two-burner, stainless steel propane stove with oven & grill
- The cockpit has 360 degrees of visibility from the double helm seat
- Hardtop bimini provides shade
- Walk through access to the swim platforms
- A large drop leaf table and lots of seating.
- A wide door opens to the luxurious saloon
- Two 280 watt solar panels on hard bimini (2016)
- Vesper Marine Watchmate AIS with wifi connectivity connected to NMEA Bus allowing connectivity to mobile apps (2016)
- Bluetooth Amplifier powering 4 JL Marine Speakers and dedicated JL marine subwoofer mounted in cockpit (2018)
- G.P.S / CHART PLOTTER: Raymarine Axiom color chartplotter.
- AUTOPILOT: ‘Raymarine ST7002’ with a rotary drive.
- DEPTH & BOAT SPEED: ‘Raymarine ST60 Tridata’
- WIND: ‘Raymarine ST60 Wind’
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS: ‘Raymarine Ray 218’ VHF with a cockpit speaker.
- STEERING COMPASS: ‘Plastimo Horizon 135’ pedestal type magnetic compass.
- House batteries: 3 x ‘Fullriver DC210-12’ 210Ah AGM batteries.
- 2x 12-volt Engine batteries
- Battery stowage: House batteries – cockpit locker.
- Engine start batteries – one in each engine compartment.
- Circuit Protection Devices: Rotary battery isolation switches.
- Power distribution System: Labeled 12 & 110-volt circuit breaker panels.
- Volt & Ammeters: Yes
- Charging system: A single 90A alternator on each engine.
- 110-volt / 60A battery charger.
- Shore power: 2 x 30A cables.
- AIR CONDITIONING: 1 x 12 000 BTU ‘Cruisair’ air conditioner (saloon) – new 2014
- CATHODIC PROTECTION: Propeller nut zinc anodes.
- ‘Zinc Saver II’ 30A galvanic isolator.
Sails & Rigging
- RIGGED: Sloop rigged (fractional rig)
- MAST Make: ‘Sparcraft’ – Cape Town.
- Material: Anodized aluminum.
- Spreaders: A single set of raked spreaders.
- Stepped: Deck stepped
- SPARS: None.
- STANDING RIGGING: ‘Dyform’ stainless steel wire rope to swaged studs and open bronze bodied turnbuckles.
- RUNNING RIGGING: Braided polyester.
- Cockpit – 2 x ‘Lewmar 50’ two speed, self-tailing winches.
- Mast – 2 x ‘Lewmar 44’ two speed, self-tailing winches.
- GENOA FURLING GEAR: ‘Profurl’ drum and foil on the forestay.
- BOOMVANG: A spring loaded aluminum vang.
- CHAIN PLATES: Stainless steel plates are through-bolted to the hull.
- SAILS: Main – fully battened sail – with the ‘Antal’ luff slide system.
- Furling Genoa.
- BIMINI: ‘Hard top’ fiberglass cockpit bimini.
- SAIL COVERS: ‘Stack-pack’ with lazy jacks.
Engines & Mechanical
- ENGINES: 2 x ‘Yanmar 3JH4E’ – three cylinder four stroke, naturally aspirated diesel engines.
- Port engine number: E01625
- Starboard engine number: E01626
- ENGINE HOURS: 7,000 hours (estimated)
- GEARBOXES: ‘Kanzaki KM35A’ Ratio: 2,33:1
- HORSEPOWER: 2 x 40 hp.
- Maximum 29,4kW @ 3000 RPM / Continuous 26,7kW @ 2907 RPM
- ENGINE COOLING: Fresh water cooled through heat exchangers.
- ENGINE EXHAUST: Wet exhaust – mixing elbow to stainless steel waterlocks, through looped reinforced exhaust hosing to stainless steel skin fittings.
- COMPRESSORS & ALTERNATORS FITTED: A single 90A alternator on each engine.
- SHAFT & COUPLINGS: Stainless steel shafts to rigid gearbox couplings.
- PROPELLERS: Fixed three bladed bronze propellers.
- FUEL FILTERS: ‘Racor 500FG’ primary filters / water separators.
- ENGINE STOP: Electric & with emergency fuel shutoff.
- PANEL & ALARMS: ‘Yanmar’ engine panels with tachometer, alarms, oil pressure, water temperature & ammeters.
- ENGINE CONTROLS: ‘Morse’ cables.
- 12.5ft AB Tender
- 30HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard
- 18HP Tohatsu backup outboard
Anchor & Docking
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: 44lb ‘Delta’.
- Chain / rode: Approximately 200ft x 10mm chain.
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: 33lb ‘Bruce’
- Stern Anchor: Fortress
- Chain / rode: Approximately 100ft x 10mm chain & nylon rode.
- WINDLASS: ‘Lofrans Cayman 88’ 12-volt / 1000W electrical windlass with a remote control.