S/V “Hello World” is a 2013, 4 cabins, Pacific based Leopard 48 Catamaran for sale by owner. The Leopard 48 is a boat that employs the latest in catamaran thinking to deliver a platform that is as fun as it is comfortable. It is no surprise that the Leopard 48 was voted 2013 CRUISING WORLD BEST MULTIHULL.
The saloon on the Leopard 48 has a beautiful glass doorway right in middle of the cabintrunk leading forward. This gives a very special feeling of highly secured open access from saloon to forehead settees, trampoline and of course anchor besides of excellent ventilation and 360 degrees sea view.
The Leopard 48’s hulls are vacuum-bagged with a balsa core to maximize rigidity and minimize weight. The boat’s shallow keels are filled with closed-cell polyurethane foam to prevent water ingress and increase buoyancy, and the bow and stern both have sealed bulkheads to keep the water out in the event of a collision. All in all, this is a boat built with bluewater passagemaking in mind.
This is a 4 cabin and 4 head boat which features a clever forward cockpit which provides a great place to relax and watch the world go by. This concept has been further developed with a set of steps that open out onto the bows and a sliding overhead hatch in the forward roof to help you avoid banging your head.
Another Leopard feature is the large transverse passageway aft, which allows you to cross from one hull to the other or hoist the dinghy back into the boat’s davits without bumping into any of your passengers. Her single-spreader Sparcraft fractional rig is both simple and effective.
She has a cockpit table in the forward cockpit, and the aft cockpit has a large dining table with a wraparound, U-shaped settee to port.
The bridge deck also has a forward-facing nav station to port and a large table and settees, Robertson and Caine has created a layout that is spacious, comfortable and extremely well ventilated.
Electric davit makes the dinghy lift easy even for kids.
I am selling this well equipped and well maintained vessel for family reasons. My sons and daughter plus 6 grand children are too far. I bought it only a year ago from a private owner ( a family of 5 ) who sailed her for 3 years.
I am looking for buying a Leopard 48 in the Mediterranean Sea. I am very satisfied with the brand famous for its solidity and the only one in this category with a fantastic door giving direct access from cockpit to front deck sitting and living area.
French citizen selling a French flagged vessel I do my best to speak and write English.
– a survey (English version) made in October 22
– a live video at any time
Why Hello World is So Special
- No hurricane damages
- Full autonomy on energy side because altogether 7 solar panels including 2 double ones, with adequate power and inverter.
- New pack of 8 batteries (July 2022) (200 amp each AGM type)
- Air compressor (Bauer) with 2 scuba divers full gear recently reviewed
- Sail drive Sd 60 type
- Water tank capacity 750 liters
- Watermaker Schenker 12 volts producing 80 l/hour
- 2 new air cond engine pumps (October 2022)
- New escape latches (October 2022)
- New windlass (July 2022) for 12 mm anchor chain
- Sliding doors in 4 shower room excellent kitchen equipment, Dyson vacuum and long list of tools and valuable spare parts
- Extra fridge, washing machine, dishing machine
- VAT EU paid
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Hello World|
|Builder:||Robertson and Caine|
|Designer:||Simonis Voogd Design|
|Mast Height:||74.80 ft|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||3.3 ft|
|Engines:||2x Yanmar 4JH57|
- Glass Reinforced Plastic sandwich with Balsa core
- DECK MATERIAL: G.R.P sandwich with Balsa core.
- STEERING SYSTEM: Wheel chain and cable
- RUDDER TYPE: Spade
- KEEL TYPE: Multihull
- Double Berths :4
- Single Berth : 2 ( can be used as storage)
- Cabins : 4
- Heads : 4
- Lowering the table into a double bed)
- Seating for 8
- Separate nav station
- Dining table converts to additional sleeping
- Plancha grill mounted to Stern Railing
- Microwave Oven Samsung
- 2 Aluminum Propane tanks 10lbs
- Vitrigo Refrigerator / Freezer in saloon plus extra fridge downstairs
- Dish washer Bosch
- Fully stocked kitchen including cookware according to French cookers including blenders, wok,and the like !
- Cloth Washing Siemens IQ drive
- Sewing machine ( home use only not for sail )
- Custom seat cushions & pillows (all weather fabric, aft and forward cockpit)
- Custom full helm enclosure - roll up panels to open as conditions allow
- Aft cockpit sun and privacy shades
- Swim Ladder
- Plus air compressor and scuba diving stuff see below
- Raymarine wind speed and Direction sensor
- Samsung 32" TV Set on lockable swivel arm
- Bose Bluetooth sound system with 3 speaker zones (aft & forward cockpit + Saloon) and 3 remotes plus one extra portable one
- Ray55 VHF Station, with 2nd VHF station at helm
- Quick anchor remote
- Iridium Go Satellite phone and internet receive
- ACR Epirb
- 8 batteries AGM 220 amp
- 1800w altogether
- (New july 2022)
- 7 solar panels on coach roof
- Victron Quattro system Inverter 2000w 12V/220V
- Redundancy battery charger
- Victron GX touch visual energy management system
- Red lights at helm for safe night passages
Sails & Rigging
- 2 Fully Battened Mainsail
- 2 Furling Genoa
- 1 spi
- Standing rigging: Stainless steel wire
- Main halyard leads aft to electric winch at helm
- 2 main sail reefing lines led to helm station
Deck & Hull
- Teflon treatment on the hulls
- Custom saloon window sun covers
- Stainless steel davit system with electric winch
- Electric Davits
- Custom Stainless Steel Life Raft Mount
- high quality antifouling paint (August 2021)
Engines & Mechanical
- Starboard Hours: 4150 (october 2022)
- Power: 57 hp
- Sail drive SD60
- Electric Bilge Pumps (5X)
- Manual Bilge Pumps (2x)
- HVAC System - Cruisair: 40,000 BTU Total ((2) 12,000BTU and (1) 16,000BTU) 110V, 2 with soft starts to enable them to run off the batteries+ inverter.
- Ventilation Fans in cabins, galley, and saloon
- Highfield 12ft tender
- 20HP Yamaha 2 stroke
- Transocean 8 iso 9650 Life Raft 8 person mounted with custom quick release on aft rail
- (Review in nov 2022)
Anchor & Docking
- 35 kg SPADE anchor with 200 feet 12 mm chain
- 300ft extended 10mm anchor chain (extended in Sept 2021)
- Quick electric windlass
- Anchor bridle and additional mooring bridle with convenient Mooring Shackle.
- 2 Secondary anchor with chain ( 25 and 15 kg )
- Many fenders and ropes
- Diving Air compressor Bauer junior
- 1 Paddleboard with paddle
- Diving equipment: 2 dive tanks, 2 BCD's + 2 regulator sets + 2 suits
- Many masks tubas and fins
- Many various spare parts including one extra autopilot
- 4 Electric Flushing Toilets: Jabsco quiet Flush
- 4 showers: hot/cold water
- 2 Hot Water makers with 6-gallon tanks (110V or through engine heat exchanger)
- Schenker modular 100 Water Maker 1001 /hr with automatic flush
- Deck Wash Fitting on aft deck + hose and spray (new Aug 2021)
- Transom shower: Hot/Cold Water
- Water Filtration system in galley & drinking water faucet
- Fresh water pump: Jabsco Parmax 3.5 Gl / minute with accumulator tank