S/V VR is a Pompano Beach, FL, USA, based 2005 Manta 42 Mk-II Catamaran for sale by owner. This is an “owners” version layout, with Owner’s Stateroom and private head on the port side and a VIP stateroom and another stateroom forward with a shared head midship.
This vessel is completely appointed for long-range cruising with the “Owners” version layout. The Port Hull features the Owner’s Suite with Master Stateroom and a private Head with a separate shower. Pantry storage and multiple built-in bookshelves and storage cabinets line the Port Hull companionway. The Starboard Hull features an Aft VIP Guest Stateroom and a Forward Guest Stateroom. A Guest Head is shared and built-in bookcases line the companionway. The vessel includes a fully equipped Galley and an inviting and relaxing Salon for lounging and entertaining. The next new owner will benefit from the multiple upgrades and options. One of the better Manta 42 MK II on the market today.
At Helm one can handle virtually every sail control line (electric winch in the cockpit): main halyard and jib halyard, main sheet and jib sheet, and two single line reefs lead to Helm through deck organizer, to sheet stoppers, and then to Custom spinnaker turtle.
The owner’s Master Stateroom is aft. A large pantry and linen cabinet provides extra storage in the companionway to private head forward. Queen-size bed facing fore and aft with foam toppers. The VIP Stateroom is aft. The Guest head can be accessed from the companionway or the Guest Stateroom forward.
The hull, deck, bulkheads and sub-sole are vacumed bagged utilizing a varying lamination schedule of biaxial, triaxial and unidirectional cloth, cored with Core Cell(hull & deck) and Nida Core honeycomb coring(bulkheads, sub-sole) and laminatated with vinylester and isopthalic resins. Wetted sufaces below the waterline are solid GRP contruction with vinylester resin, and above the waterline in the hull and deck isopthalic resin is used.
In the areas of thru-hulls, chainplates and deck hardware the construction is solid GRP. All deck hardware is thru-bolted with aluminum backing plates laminated into the respective location. Manta further uses Kevlar in the bow and keel areas. Thru-hull fittings and sea cocks are non-corrosive Marelon. The hull to deck marriage is done with 3M 5200 marine adhesive/sealant then further reinforced with 360 degree unidirectional laminates on the inside of the hull/deck bond for additonal structural integrity and stiffness and essentially creating a monocoque structure. The hull/deck seam is then finished with a heavy duty vinly rub rail.
All mechanical/electrical and plumbing systems are designed in accordance with ABYC standards utilizing the best materials and equipment available to the marine industry, with the ultimate goal of reducing maintenance to a minimum.
Engine rooms are easily accessed via the aft berths with a hydraulic-assisted bunk lift. The transmission comes with a pump-out tube, allowing oil to be changed/replaced without the need to haul it out.
Some of the recent upgrades include All new Raymarine Nav instruments including wireless radar in 2019, Wireless autopilot and windlass remotes and Axiom 12 chart plotter in 2019. Cruise Air air conditioning systems (salon unit new in 2021, aft unit new in 2018, 18 GPH Spectra Newport water maker and New Eisenglass in 2018.
- All new Raymarine Nav instruments including wireless radar in 2019,
- Wireless autopilot and windlass remotes
- Axiom 12 chart plotter in 2019
- Cruise Air air conditioning systems (salon unit new in 2021, aft unit new in 2018
- 18 GPH Spectra Newport water maker
- New Eisenglass in 2018.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V VR|
|Model:||42 MK II|
|Builder:||Manta Enterprises (Sarasota, FL)|
|Construction:||The hull, deck, bulkheads and sub-sole are vacumed bagged utilizing a varying lamination schedule of biaxial, triaxial and unidirectional cloth, cored with Core Cell(hull & deck) and Nida Core honeycomb coring|
|Loa:||42 ft 0 in (12.8 m.)|
|Lwl:||39' 10 in (12.2 m.)|
|Beam:||21' 0" (6.4 m.); 53% LOA|
|Headroom:||6' 4" (1.93 m.)|
|Draft:||3' 8" (1.12 m.)|
|Displacement:||16500 lbs. (7500 kgs.)|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||2' 5% LOA (min)|
|Engines:||Volvo MD2030 with Volvo 130S|
Asymmetrical spinnaker with the sock.
- Exterior finish white gelcoat
- Hull, deck, and bulkheads constructed with Nida-Core
- Collision bulkheads with watertight compartments in bow, and stern.
- Deck hardware reinforced with aluminum
- Fiberglass fin keels molded integral with hulls
- Twin high-density foam/fiberglass rudders with 2” dia. solid stainless-steel shaft
- Port side as an Owner’s cabin with queen bed
- Owner's private head complete with master shower
- Starboard quarters feature a rear cabin wqueen bed
- guest head with separate shower
- forward cabin with twin bed
- Completely appointed for long range cruising
- Blend of cherry and teak interior finishes
- Vinyl headliners
- Swanstone composite countertops
- Teak and holly pressurized laminate soles
- Large L-shaped hunter green fabric settee.
- Matching ottomans with additional storage.
- Large adjustable table for dining or entertainment.
- Acrylic tinted windows.
- Full-size hanging/wet locker with storage shelf and floor drains.
- Flat screen TV built-in above the wet locker.
- Nav Station Chart table with storage and locker with adjustable shelves.
- Electrical Panel.
- The galley is U-shaped to the port -
- Top-loading 10 cubic ft. Adler Barbour refrigerator/freezer with rods and baskets - 6" foam insulation and divider and remote thermostat/thermometer.
- Force-10 (3) burner propane stove with oven and additional storage below.
- Microwave oven.
- Swanstone finish countertops.
- Large sink with hot/cold water mixer.
- Fresh water foot pump.
- Extensive upper and lower storage cabinetry.
- Integral trash bin.
- 12v Exhaust blower.
- Remote solenoid shut-off valve for propane (20lb bottle in the cockpit locker and spare 20lb).
- 18 GPH Spectra Newport 400 MKII water maker with Z-ION 30-day auto store option (new in 2017).
- 10 Gallon Isotemp water heater - 110V with heat exchanger system.
- (2) 20 Gallon polyethylene holding tanks with y-valve, macerator pump, and deck fitting.
- TANK WATCH float switch "FULL" light.
- 100 Gallon baffled aluminum freshwater tank.
- All new Raymarine Nav instruments including wireless radar in 2019.
- Wireless autopilot and windlass remotes and Axiom 12 chart plotter in 2019.
- AIS transceiver new 2019.
- 30 A and 70A Victron controllers use Blue Tooth Monitoring apps.
- Cellular router, wireless HP printer/scanner.
- Icom M802 SSB radio.
- Handheld VHF.
- LCD TV with both Bluetooth and audio feed to Fusion stereo with remotes and salon and cockpit speakers.
Electrical and Navigation
- New Kohler 6KW generator (new in 2018) with 975 hours with the new power vent system.
- Solar upgraded to 900+ watts in 2019 and to 1200 in 2022.
- 2 new Victron Bluetooth Controllers.
- Victron charger/ inverter (new in 2021). All new cables installed.
- 760 amps of AGM batteries (new in 2021).
- 12V exhaust blower with added speed control unit for galley stove extractor hood.
- Blue Sea 12 volt and 120-volt electrical monitoring system.
- Balmar alternator controllers.
- Several 120-volt outlets were replaced with Included USB charging ports.
- Victron isolation transformers,
- LED tri-color masthead and anchor light, LED running lights,
- Almost all interior lights replaced with LEDs.
Deck & Hull
- Manta fiberglass hardtop with an integral welded aluminum radar arch.
- New Eisenglass in 2018.
- Bulkhead-mounted stainless steel steering wheel
- Full seat-mounted from the arch support.
- Adjustable Captain's chair with footrest
- Cockpit seating with (5) Closed cell foam cushions
- Cockpit table.
- Custom Cockpit rear sling bench seating.
- (3) Fiberglass storage boxes for additional deck gear.
- Partial Cockpit enclosure extending to the front edge of the helm station.
- Watertight Cabin entry door with roll-away screen.
- Stainless steel handrails.
- Stainless steel corner bow rails with integral seat.
- Double lifelines with boarding gates midships and aft.
- Upper and lower lifelines are vinyl-covered stainless steel.
- (6) Bowmar stainless steel deck hatches.
- (8) Stainless steel opening ports.
- Molded non-skid on all deck surfaces.
- LED navigation lights and anchor light.
- Combination of steaming/fore deck light
- 12v LED courtesy lights.
- Stern dockside water connection.
- Hot and cold deck shower.
- Fresh water washdown at the stern.
- (1) 50’ Water hose.
- (4) Large foredeck lockers with locking latches.
- Freshwater washdown at starboard stern.
- Magma propane BBQ.
Sails & Rigging
- At Helm one can handle virtually every sail control line: main halyard and jib halyard, main sheet and jib sheet, and two single line reefs lead to Helm through deck organizer, to sheet stoppers, and then to Custom spinnaker turtle.
- Main with two reefs
- Self-tacking jib.
- Nearly new asymmetrical spinnaker with the sock.
- Electric winch in the cockpit.
- Running and standing rigging were replaced in 2018, and inspected in 2022.
- Sails and covers were inspected and repaired in the summer of 2020, main in the summer of 2022.
- Lazy Jacks.
- Downhaul for Jib.
- Dutchman Boom Brake.
Engines & Mechanical
- Twin 30hp Volvo Penta MD2030 Diesel engines
- Engine Hours: 2,000 hours each.
- Volvo Penta 130S sail drives.
- 3-blade bronze folding propellers.
- (2) Cruise Air air conditioning systems (salon unit new in 2021, aft unit new in 2018).
- Seawater strainers for engines.
- Engine room blowers.
- New Engine control panels in Cockpit.
- Single lever shift/throttles.
- Extensive array of spare parts for all engines, systems and sail drives.
- New Stainless steel Volvo exhaust elbows and composite mufflers (Nov of 2018).
- Dual Racor 500 fuel filters with switchover valve
- Reverso oil change units (each engine).
- 4-person offshore Plastimo life raft in valise (new in 2017).
- 6 long fenders.
- 2 large round fenders
- Assorted-length dock lines.
- 1 Boat hook.
- Several inflatable life vests.
- One personal EPIRB.
- Ocean Signal EPIRB.
Anchor & Docking
- Maxwell 1200 power anchor windlass with foot switch and remote (rebuilt windlass 2019).
- Spade 55-pound stainless anchor (new in 2017).
- Fortress FX23 anchor
- 250 feet of 5/16 American-made anchor chain 9 months old.
- Custom stainless steel anchor roller (new in 2017).
- Anchor chain locker.
- 12v Saltwater anchor washdown in anchor locker (can switch to freshwater).
- Multiple spare parts: Macerator, electric head pumps, fresh water pumps, raw water pumps, new extra 50-amp power cord splitter and extra new shore power cord, oil, fuel and water maker filters, impellers, tools.
- Spare 500 GPH air conditioning water pump, spare Groco macerating “Sea Chest” that feeds water to the air conditioning pump as well as the generator.
- Coffee maker; blender; the complement of dishes, glasses, cookware, and utensils.
- Float toys, Inflatable Kayak with air compressor.
- Scuba tank racks