S/V “Flight Time” is a Georgetown Yacht Basin, USA, based 2005 Manta 42 Mk-II Catamaran for sale by owner.
“Flight Time” sleeps 4 comfortably in 2 staterooms on queen-sized beds. A third single berth is in the starboard forward hull. The owner’s suite is in the port hull. Both staterooms have fresh- water toilets and separate showers. The main salon on the bridge deck contains a well-equipped kitchen area, top-loading refrigerator/freezer, nav-station, electrical panels, dining area, and entertainment center. The starboard hull also contains the laundry room and storage areas. The helm is a true single-handed setup that can be open or enclosed. “Flight Time” has all navigational electronics for worldwide cruising in safely and comfort.
Hull, deck, and bulkheads constructed of triaxial, biaxial, and unidirectional fiberglass with vinyl ester, isophthalic resins, and Divinycell composite foam cores (hull and deck) and Nida-core (sub-soles and bulkheads) that were all vacuum bagged.
Interior finishes are natural teak wood moldings and trim, natural teak louvered wood doors accented with Swanstone composite countertops/sinks, vinyl headliners and upholstery, and high durability synthetic teak and holly appearing soles.
“Flight Time” is a well-equipped and tested blue water cruising catamaran that is part of the Manta fleet sailing the oceans of the world today. She sleeps 4 comfortably in two staterooms. The Owner’s suite is in the Port hull in addition to a companionway containing bookshelves, storage cabinet, the ship’s pantry, and the owner’s bathroom. The starboard hull contains the guest stateroom with a walk-thru bathroom with full shower, connecting to the forward cabin that contains the laundry area, storage cabinets, including shelving and an area that could be used as a single bunk or for sail and canvas storage located over the boat’s fully accessible water systems.
The cockpit is fully covered with an aluminum tube frame/arch with a walkable fiberglass surface on top. At the owner’s option, the cockpit/helm can be fully open on all sides or enclosed with removable zipper operated panels. The captain’s seat is set high for 360-degree views around the boat with direct access to all navigation equipment, engine controls, running rigging controls and the electric winch for excellent single-handed operations. Also, in the cockpit are guest/crew seating with cushions and removable dining table. There are 4 lazarette storage lockers, propane gas grille and line controls for the dinghy support system. Access to the main salon is through a large waterproof hatch/door.
The salon area has access to the helm, and the port and starboard hulls. The bridge deck contains the kitchen/galley, navigation station, electrical panels, refrigerator/freezer, dining/settee area, entertainment area, wet locker, and storage cabinets. The kitchen area has a built-in composite sink countertop, 3-burner propane range/oven/broiler, drawers, and cabinets with a microwave oven. The cabinetry includes 2 drawers, with cabinets above and below the countertops. The navigation station has a chart-sized hinged countertop with chart storage beneath, Icom SSB 802 single sideband HF radio and Icom IC 402 VHF radios and independent GPS navigation system. The cabinet under the nav station contains the main AC/DC electrical panels with circuit breakers and all electrical distribution systems. The chest type refrigerator and freezer are easily accessible, and the doors are part of the composite countertop system. The L shaped built-in bench seating is comfortable and with 2 seating/storage cubes provide seating around the adjustable tabletop. The salon entertainment center includes a flat-screen TV, stereo system with CD/DVD/Blu-ray player, AM/FM radio with Sirius-XM Satellite Radio (Subscription Service), and speakers in the salon and cockpit.
Bottom paint refinished July 2019 with one coat or red covered by two coats of black antifouling bottom paint, allowing early detection of the need for bottom paint renewal. The port hull features the Owner’s suite; queen size bed, cedar-lined hanging closet, (4) drawers, open and closed shelving, a shoe locker and a settee with storage under the seat. The companionway connecting to the master bath contains bookshelves and a closed cabinet on the outside and large pantry cabinet on the interior side. The bath includes an electric flush, freshwater toilet, built-in sink composite counter, generous medicine cabinet, and a large separate shower.
The starboard hull features an aft VIP stateroom with a queen-sized bed, cedar-lined hanging closet, 3 drawers, a shoe locker, and a settee with storage under the seat. The connecting companionway has bookshelves. The bathroom has an electric flush, freshwater toilet, built-in composite sink and countertop with storage cabinet. The separate full shower also provides thru passage to the forward cabin/V birth/laundry and storage area. The forward cabin contains a Splendide combined washer/dryer, cabinets, storage shelves with a raised area that can be used as a single bunk or for sail/equipment storage. Under the bunk/cabinet work are the domestic water systems including the hot water heater, water filtration systems, Spectra watermaker and main raw water strainers and all water pumps and distribution systems.
Heating and Air Conditioning systems include 2 Cruisair (16k BTU salon and forward cabins with 10k BTU rear cabins) reverse cycle, 115 VAC units providing heating or cooling comfort throughout from shore power or the generator.
NextGen UCM1-5.5 kw Diesel AC/DC generator with sound shield, located in the forward port compartment. The generator compartment contains a supplemental fuel filter, electric fuel booster pump, 12-volt generator compartment cooling fan and a Reverso 12 VDC oil pump for oil changes.
Color Raymarine C80 Multifunctional Display GPS/Chart Plotter/Radar/depth Finder Raymarine ST60 Wind Indicator Raymarine ST60 Tridata Raymarine 6001 Autopilot ICOM VHF Radio Remote Mic
3 blade folding propellers (serviced Aug 2019) Sail Drive propeller shafts (serviced Aug 2019) Para-Tech Sea-Anchor Para-Tech Drogue Rode, Bridle, Float & fittings for sea anchor & drogue.
|Catamaran Name:||Flight Time|
|Builder:||Manta Catamarans, LLC|
|Designer:||Manta Catamarans, LLC|
|Construction:||sandwich cored fiberglass|
|Loa:||41 ft 8 in (12.8 m.)|
|Lwl:||39’ 10 in (12.2 m.)|
|Beam:||21' 0" (6.4 m.); 53% LOA|
|Headroom:||6' 4" (1.93 m.)|
|Draft:||3' 8" (1.12 m.)|
|Displacement:||16500 lbs. (7500 kgs.)|
|Mast Height:||60’0" (18.2 m.)|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||2' 5% LOA (min)|
|Fuel Tanks:||(1) x 115-gallon (435 ltr.)|
|Water Tanks:||100 gal. (378 ltr.) in one aluminum tank|
|Holding Tanks:||2 - 20 gallon holding tank. (151 ltr.)|
|Cabins:||3 (2 with Flat-screen TV's)|
|Heads:||2 with showers|
|Engines:||(Starboard) Volvo D-130a 30hp Diesel Engine with Volvo S-130a Sail Drive. Engine (Port) Volvo D-2030 Diesel Engine with new Volvo S-130a Sail Drive.|
|Engine Hours:||Starboard engine: Approx. 315 Hrs. Port engine: 450 Hrs since Overhaul.|
|Sails:||Full batten 10.3 oz High Modulus Dacron mainsail with (2) reefs
Self-tacking, full batten 8.3 oz. High Modulus Dacron jib sail with Camber Spar, sail cover, topping lift and lazy jack
1.5 oz nylon asymmetrical spinnaker
Doyle full main boom bag with lazy jack system
- Exterior finish white Gelcoat
- Hull, deck, and bulkheads constructed with vinylester and Divinycell cores
- Laminated hull/deck joint Collision bulkheads with watertight compartments in bow, and stern.
- Kevlar reinforced bow and keels
- Deck hardware reinforced with aluminum
- Fiberglass fin keels molded integral with hulls
- Twin high-density foam/fiberglass rudders with 2” dia. solid stainless-steel shaft
- All through-hulls are noncorrosive Forespar Marelon, except (1) SSB sea grounding fitting.
- Owner’s cabin with a queen bed
- Owner's private head complete with huge master shower
- Starboard quarters feature a rear private cabin with queen bed
- Guest head with separate shower
- Splendide combined washer/dryer
- Isotemp 10 gal. 11O-volt water heater
- Spectra 12 VDC RO water maker
- Force 5 3-burner propane stove with oven/broiler.
- U-shaped galley with ample counter space;
- Integral trash lid, drawers, and cabinets
- Large Swanstone sink with a single handle water mixing faucet.
- Storage cabinet below the oven
- Top loading, 10 cubic ft. Sea Frost refrigeration/freezer with digital thermostats with 6" foam insulation and insulated divider
- Foot pump and spout for fresh tank water.
- Switch for propane solenoid safety valve Stove exhaust hood and fan
- Raymarine ST60 Wind Indicator
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata
- Color Raymarine C80 Multifunctional Display
- GPS/Chart Plotter
- Depth Finder
- Raymarine 6001 Autopilot
- ICOM VHF Radio Remote Mic
- 4-75W Siemens Solar Panels on archtop w/Blue Sky 50a controller
- Generator: NextGen UCM1-5.5 kw Diesel AC/DC generator
- Spectra 12 VDC RO watermaker
- Xantrex HF 1800 Full Sine Wave Inverter for battery power conversion to 115 VAC.
- Mastervolt 80-amp battery charger with temperature sensing
- 6 x 100-amp paired 6-volt AGM batteries
- (2)-12 Volt, 1000 CCA AGM Start Batteries (new Aug 2018)
- Isolation switches
- Wells Marine battery management system
- (2)-12v outlets (lighter type)
- Navigation running lights
- Anchor light Combination steaming/foredeck lights with s/s guard
- Two sealed shower sumps with auto pump/out
- Remote 12 VDC solenoid shutoff for propane 12v
- 50 Amp splitter to (2)-30 Amp power cord adapter
- Electrical Panel w/digital meters
- Taylorbrite CCF interior and helm lighting
- (3)-Taylorbrite CCF cockpit lights
- 12v LED courtesy red lighting in passageways
- salon switching controls for combining and isolation of all batteries
- Shore power connections and (2)-30 Amp 50 ft electric power cords
- CCF lighting dimer over salon table
- High output 115-amp DC alternator on the Starboard Volvo D-130 drive engine
- Battery management system
- Port: Volvo D-130a Diesel Engine with Volvo S-130a Sail Drive
- Starboard: Volvo D-2030 with new Volvo S-130 Sail Drive
- Port engine: Approx. 450 Hrs since overhaul with new S-130a Sail Drive pump/timer
- Propellers: 3 Bladed Flex-O-Fold folding propellers Starboard engine: Approx. 315 Hrs.
- Each engine compartment has a 12 VDC Reverso Oil Pump for oil changes,
- Puratec primary fuel filter and Fuel Polishing system with 12 VDC
Deck and Equipment
- Welded anodized aluminum radar/helm arch with integral fiberglass hardtop with hatch
- Magma gas grill
- (6) Bomar stainless steel opening deck hatches with screens and shades
- (9) Bomar” stainless steel opening ports with screens & interior shades.
- Molded anti-skid on all deck surfaces
- Vinyl coated polyester mesh trampoline
- Adjustable helmsman chair with footrest
- Dinghy storage system
- Deck lifelines
- Anchor chain locker
- Stainless steel corner bow rails with seats
- Molded fiberglass salon window louvers
- Bulkhead mounted stainless steel steering wheel with wheel brake
- 6” Ritchie Navigator binnacle compass
- (2) stainless steel stern boarding rails
- (2) stainless steel telescoping stern ladders
- (2) stainless steel cabin top rails
- (2) stainless steel cockpit handrails
- 3/8” thick acrylic tinted salon windows, with fiberglass louvers, and shade covers
- Full-width sling seat above (4)-lazarette storage compartments in cockpit
- Bomar waterproof companionway door/hatch
- 30” stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and boarding gates
- (9)-12” Stainless Cleats, (3) along each hull, (1) center forward deck, and (2) stern.
- Four foredeck lockers with locking latches,
- (2)-chain/line lockers, generator and foredeck storage lockers
- Jabsco Sensor max 12VDC freshwater pressure pump Isotemp 10 gal.
- (2) Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps
- WATER TANK: (1) x 100 gallons baffled aluminum water tank
- FUEL TANK: (1) x 115-gallon baffled Aluminum fuel tank
- HOLDING TANKS: (2) x 20-gallon polyethylene black water tanks
- PROPANE: (1) x 20 lb. portable aluminum propane tank
- 11O-volt water heater with engine heat exchanger system (2)-
- Jabsco 1500 gph 12v bilge pumps with switch
- Jabsco macerator pump-out to thru-hull, deck pump-out fittings
Sails and Rigging:
- Lazy jack boom bag full sail cover.
- Full batten 10.3 oz High Modulus Dacron mainsail with (2) reefs
- 1.5 oz nylon asymmetrical spinnaker
- New Sail Track and slide car system (2018) Garhauer 20:1 Adjustable boom vang.
- Dutchman boom brake.
- Self-tacking, full batten 8.3 oz. High Modulus Dacron jib Camber Spar,
- sail cover, topping lift and lazy jacks.
- Deck line organizer with Spinlock sheet stoppers.
- HARKEN two speed self-tailing electric winch at helm
- Extra main halyard Jib downhaul system
- Winch handle for manual operation of electric winch
- Awlgrip epoxy painted aluminum mast and boom
- Stainless steel rigging with chafe protection
- All running rigging color coded
- Extra line bags at the helm
- Flag halyards and cleats
- Maxwell anchor windless with foot switches
- 200 feet of 5/16” stainless steel anchor chain
- Spade 140 aluminum anchor with 200ft stainless steel chain.
- Spare Fortress Anchor with 10ft chain on 200ft nylon rode
- Maxwell 1500 Windlass with foot switch (up and down) on deck
- Braded anchor bridals
- 10’ Walker Bay Dinghy
- 3.5 HP Mercury 4 stroke outboard motor
- Dinghy Sail package
- Dinghy cover
- Para-Tech Sea-Anchor
- Para-Tech Drogue
- 150’ Rode, 50’ Bridles, all floats & fittings for sea anchor & drogue deployment system
- (2)-Jack Lines