S/V Ruatahi started life as a 1999 Manta 40 and is now a Manta 46 catamaran for sale by owner.
I worked with a famous Naval Architect (Gunboat fame amongst other things) to see if we couldn’t improve the motion and load carrying capabilities also to bump the performance up a little.
The sterns have been extended and she’s about 46’ LOA now. The rudders have been extended also to give better control. All the construction work has been done by Dencho Marine in Marina Del Rey in 2012 / 2013. The extensions have also given me slightly better fuel consumption as the sterns are no longer dragging in the water.
The hull, deck, bulkheads and sub-sole are vacuum-bagged utilizing a varying lamination schedule of biaxial, triaxial and unidirectional cloth, cored with Core Cell (hull & deck) and Nida Core honeycomb coring (bulkheads, sub-sole) and laminated with vinylester and isopthalic resins. Wetted surfaces below the waterline are solid GRP construction with vinylester resin, and above the waterline in the hull and deck isopthalic resin is used. In the areas of thru-hulls, chain-plates and deck hardware the construction is solid GRP. All deck hardware is thru-bolted with aluminum backing plates laminated into the respective location. Manta further uses Kevlar in the bow and keel areas. Thru-hull fittings and sea cocks are non-corrosive Marelon. The hull to deck marriage is done with 3M 5200 marine adhesive/sealant then further reinforced with 360 degree unidirectional laminates on the inside of the hull/deck bond for additional structural integrity and stiffness and essentially creating a monocoque structure. The hull/deck seam is then finished with a heavy duty vinyl rub rail.
The mast already was a tall rig (about 3’ taller than standard), but we added some length to the boom to add to the sail area and help clean up the sheeting angles a little. A small track was installed forward on the cabin top and the jib uses pendulum sheeting to help better control the twist in the jib, still self tacking. There is a retractable bow sprit that runs a screecher and spinnaker; the screecher is on a continuous line furler and the chute is in a sock.
Saildrives are fitted with “kiwi props,” a lightweight composite feathering propeller. There are 6 solar panels with a blue seas controller, so I very rarely have to run the 3.5k generator. The boat lives on a mooring, and I leave the fridge/freezer going 24/7.
The anchor has been repositioned to amidships to get the weight off the bow and free up space for the bowsprit. It has a huge Rocna anchor to keep her anchored securely.
I have added a Hurricane diesel hot water/heating system. So you have unlimited hot water, and each cabin has a thermostatically controlled heater. The lines are plumbed thru the closets to help keep the damp out.
I service the engines/drives and mechanical machinery once a year and have a shipyard service and inspect everything every other year.
The bottom paint is approximately 18 months old, standing and running rigging is checked and repaired and replaced as needed. Coastguard inspected every year.
Being sold as a going concern, I’ll just be removing some personal gear such as: kayaks, SUP, linens, galley stuff all included.
If interested potential buyers are encouraged to checkout the boat, you will not be disappointed, and submit an offer..I’m open to negotiatiion
Continue to S/V Ruatahi's Catamaran Photos
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Ruatahi|
|Builder:||Manta Enterprises (Sarasota, FL)|
|Construction:||Vacuum-bagged Core Cell and Nida Core honeycomb coring; Solid GRP below waterline|
|Beam:||21' 0" (6.4 m.); 53% LOA|
|Headroom:||6' 4" (1.93 m.)|
|Draft:||3' 8" (1.12 m.)|
|Displacement:||16500 lbs. (7500 kgs.)|
|Mast Height:||62' 6" (18.2 m.)|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||2' 5% LOA (min)|
|Holding Tanks:||25 x 2|
|Engines:||volvo MD 2030|
|Engine Hours:||2500 approx|
|Sails:||Mainsail..Radial cut Hydra-net square top|
Jib...cross-cut dacron fully battened camberspar
Screecher... Kevlar/carbon composite
- Totally updated contemporary look
- All headliners replaced with marine plywood wrapped with foam lined vinyl
- All ceiling areas insulated with 1" foil backed foam insulation
- Counters refinished with Wilsonart laminates
- Hull liner wall carpet
- Flooring upgraded with waterproof vinyl planking (Driftwood)
- Durable salon cushions (Taupe/Beige)
- Cabinets, doors and drawers with wood finish
- Lighting updated with LED lights
- 6" foam Queen mattress (2019) with a 2" topper
- Hull wall carpet
- Double door cedar lined hanging locker
- 4 drawers and footlocker for storage
- Hatch, 2 port windows and AC for increased ventilation
- 4 shelf bookshelf at bottom of stairs. 2 steps lift for additional storage
- Finally a large pantry with shelving and 2 large 24" drawers for ample storage
- 3/8" glass shower door.
- Deluxe Moen hardware with shower head and hand held sprayer
- Hurricane heating system for hot water and cabin heating
- Fold up bench seat
- Jabsco Quiet Flush toilet
- Oval SS sink with brushed nickel faucet
- Wilsonart laminate countertop
- Two cabins 1 double,1 single berth
- Hull wall carpet
- Single door cedar lined hanging locker
- 3 drawers and footlocker for storage
- An additional large drop in tool storage box
- Hatch, 2 port windows and AC
- 4 shelf bookshelf at bottom of stairs.
- 2 steps lift for additional storage
- Hatch, port window and fan for ventilation
- Lots of storage
- L shaped settee with durable fabric cushions (2019)
- LG 21" TV/DVD player on swing arm
- sound bar
- Stereo system
- U shaped galley with Dometic Wedgewood 3 burner stove (2019)
- Wood laminate doors and draws full extension drawers with lots of storage
- SS double sink with brush nickel gooseneck faucet and soap dispenser
- Dual lid drop in Fridge/Freezer 10 cu.ft.
- 4.0 GPH fresh water pump
- Captains chair
- Bomar cockpit hatch
- Cockpit cushions
- Newer Isenglass enclosure
- Newer custom sun shades
- Aluminum Bimini/arch
- Harken 44 Classic power winch
- Harken 40 2-speed winch astern for Spinnaker
- NMEA 2000 based system that interfaces with your current boat systems
- Monitors boat safety -Anchor alarms, High Bilge alarms, Watermaker production, tank levels, etc
- 4- 4.1" multi function displays.
- Raymarine integrates nav system
- Volvo engines to monitor RPM, temperature, and alternator voltage outputs
- Tank level monitor for Diesel and Fresh Water Tanks
- DC Current monitor to monitor DC voltage
- AC Current monitor to monitor Invertor or Generator voltage
- GPS antennae and receiver
- Depth, speed, temperature transducer
- Dual engine audible alarm
- New Blue Seas distribution panels
- New 6-180 watt solar panels
- MPPT 100/50 charge controller(2019)
- Link Battery Monitor
- 6-6 volt AGM batteries. 620 amp hours
- 2-600 CCA Engine starting batteries
- Pure Sine Inverter/Charger
Deck & Hull
- 2 additional stern cleats for cross tying
- LED running lights and anchor lights
- LED spreader lights, steaming and foredeck lights
- 6 Bomar hatches and 8 port windows
Sails & Rigging
- Tall rig and custom boom
- Hydra-net Mainsail by EP Sails
- Signature Manta Camber Spar Jib by EP Sails
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker with sock
- Screecher/reaching sail on continuous line fuller
- Mainsail and Jib covers
Engines & Mechanical
- Volvo MD2030 (approx. 2500 hrs )
- Sail drives - Volvo S130
- New Kiwi prop 3 Blade feathering propellers and hubs. (2020)
- Nextgen 3.5 Kw Generator
- Hurricane on demand hot water/heating system
- Dometic 16,000 BTU Reverse cycle AC/ heater
- Dometic 10,000 BTU Reverse cycle AC/ heater
- Adler Barbour ColdMachine CU-100 condensing unit with evaporator plate
- West Marine RIB
- Yamaha 9.9hp 2 stroke motor
- All US Coastguard required equipment
Anchor & Docking
- 60lb Rocna
- Dock lines and fenders