S/V Swish is a 1996 Bahamas based Mayotte 47 catamaran for sale by owner. The Mayotte 47 is the precursor to the Voyage 50 as Voyage Yachts bought Mayotte around 1996. Overall identical except the Voyage has extended Sugar Scoops.
She is a comfortable, good looking catamaran with an outstanding galley up and main salon, large well protected cockpit, and four en-suite, Queen sized berths with an additional single captains berth. Swish has been lived aboard and well cared for with a few owner captained crew charters during the past seven years we have owned her. She is ready for some lucky people to take her anywhere in the world. There are 4 queen cabins with heads and one single cabin in the starboard hull. Very large U shaped galley adjacent to the large main salon.
All Mayotte Cats are CE Certified and widely acknowledged for their quality, performance, ease of handling and low maintenance. She sails to weather very well.
Her interior is comfortable and inviting with 6ft 6 inch headroom and lots of ventilation, and the saloon is spacious and offers great views of the surroundings. This yacht has 4 spacious cabins each with it’s own bath, accommodating up to 8 passengers who can sail and play in comfort. The engines are not in living area but in dedicated separate engine rooms. Her sailplan is sufficient for good performance and well rigged, the Main sail and dinghy, with telescoping boom derrick, are hoisted with an electric winch.
Its extra wide beam offers outstanding stability, safety and exceptional space in the huge saloon, cockpit and decks. The beautiful gourmet upper level galley shares its large panoramic-view windows with the saloon and bar that form an exceptional airy and bright integrated entertainment area.
This yacht has a huge amount of volume allowing for ample storage. The comfortable 4 cabin en-suite layout would be ideal for chartering or extended family cruising. The deck areas are wide, flat and safe with a large forward deck area. The cockpit is massive with plenty of seating and entertaining area.
Boat can be beached or stand on keels without damaging rudders. Swish is currently chartering with owner and mate in Georgetown Bahamas. She is in good condition with significant upgrades, including hauled and bottom painted June 2021.
She sails well, tacks easily, has better motion then her smaller cousins. Just hauled in June 2021 at R&B boatyard in Spanish Wells where two coats of long lasting bottom paint was professionally applied. Swish is sail-away ready.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Swish|
|Builder:||Fred Scholtz Marine, Capetown, South Africa|
|Construction:||Hand laid CSM & quadraxial roving with vinylester resin cored with Tomanto PVC foam for stiffness, strength and insulation. Her keels are low aspect ratio, fin design for lift and enhanced windward performance. There are full-length skegs with elliptical rudders. Deck and superstructure is hand laid multi-directional glass roving molded in one piece and cored with end grain balsa. Deck to hull joint is chemically bonded.|
|Loa:||14.25m (46 ft 9 inches)|
|Lwl:||13.5m (44 ft 4 inches)|
|Beam:||8.5m (27 ft 10 inchs)|
|Headroom:||1.9m (6 ft 4 inches)|
|Draft:||1.4m (4 ft 6 inchs)|
|Mast Height:||20m (65 ft 7 inches)|
|Holding Tanks:||10 gal.|
|Engines:||2 Yanmar 3JH4E|
|Engine Hours:||Port 1000; Starboard 295|
Cruising Spinnaker, 2020
- GRP hull and deck with PVC foam in hulls, end grain Balsa in deck.
- Forward storage in hulls.
- Engine room hatches in aft deck.
- Four queen staterooms with electric heads. Well ventilated, good storage.
- Double 12v fans, reading and courtesy lights.
- One single cabin with lighting and fan.
- Large Main Salon and Galley up.
- LED lighting and fans.
- Wood cabin sole 2018.
- Cockpit with large table.
- Cushioned seating and swivel helmsman chair.
- Salon upholstery 2018
- Cockpit cushions 2018
- Two large deck lockers forward.
- Three swim platform lockers aft.
- 4 electric heads,
- U shape settee.
- Wood table
- Navigation table with electrical panel, stereo, vhf radio, chart plotter.
- LED lighting, fans
- 12v refrigerators (2)
- 12v freezer
- Galley freshwater filter
- Saltwater tap
- Propane Stove, 4 burner
- Propane oven, 2018
- Pressurized water
- Ice maker
- Large U shaped seating
- Large Cockpit table
- Cockpit lockers
- Wheel steering
- Full width, fiberglass cockpit cover with sliding hatch.
- Stereo speakers
- Whale bilge pumps.
- Full width main sail traveler.
- 1000 watts solar panels with regulator, 2018.
- 2 Air Breeze wind generators, 2018, 2020.
- 8-6volt Trojan batteries, 2018
- Honda generator,2018
- 100 amp battery charger
- 2000 watt inverter
- 110v shore power
- 4 12v bilge pumps
- 2 whale bilge pumps
- BandG chart plotter/ 4 G radar
- 2 Garmin chart plotters
- Raymarine instruments, 2018
- Raymarine auto pilot, 2018
- Lowrance VHF with AIS, 2018
- AIS transmitter
- Stereo with 4 speakers
Deck & Hull
- Forward netting
- Double life lines with gates
- Life line netting for pets
- Non skid decks
- 2 deck awnings
- 2 glass propane tanks and hose, 2018
- 2 deck showers
Sails & Rigging
- 2018 Mach sails: Main sail, Genoa.
- 2020 Calvert Cruising Spinnaker
- Partial standing rigging replaced 2018
- Running rigging, 2018
- Main sail cover, 2018
- Boom extension for dinghy
- Harkin electric winch for Main sail and dinghy hoist
- 3 manual Harkin winches
- Harkin electric winch for Main and Jib sheets
Engines & Mechanical
- 2 Yanmar 39hp diesels, 1000/ 290 engine hours.
- 2 Max props needing reconditioning
- 2 solid props
- 2Yanmar saildrives, all seals and diaphragm replaced, 2018
- 12v Spectra watermaker, 2018
- 4 freshwater tanks, 50 gal each
- 2 diesel tanks, 50 gal. each, 2018
- 11 ' Achilles Rib, 2018
- 20hp Suzuki, 2018
- see Electronics
- 8 life preservers
- Ring Buoy
- 6 fire extinguishers
Anchor & Docking
- Maxwell electric windless, 2018
- 70lbs. Rocna anchor, 2018
- 125' 3/8 G4 chain, 2018
- Fortress anchor with rode