S/V Supernova is a 2018 Nautitech 40 Open Catamaran For Sale By Owner. The Nautitech 40 Open was Sail Magazine’s 2016 Best Boat in Class, Cruising World’s best multihull cruiser for 2016, and now the Mark 2 Nautitech 40 open is a nominee for 2019 SAIL magazine ‘best boat’ award.
The “Open” in its name describes the large open space in cockpit area and the great visibility. Interior of Nautitech Open 40 is also beautifully designed and comfortable with two double cabins (with queen size berths), two toilettes and many lockers for storing personal items and an Owner’s Cabin.
Nautitech 40 Open is an exceptionally well thought out catamaran, with a truly remarkable turn of speed, responsive handling to match, and her 3-cabin layout makes her very appealing. With an innovative new-design living space and a solid build, the Nautitech 40 Open combines both comfort and performance.
The saloon has an aft-facing galley, fridge, and a saloon table to seat 6. Two large coach roof hatches provide ventilation at anchor. The galley in the saloon is extensively equipped and designed to be practical. All storage compartments and appliances are within easy reach. The hulls house the spacious cabins, fitted with ample cupboards for stowing away clothing and equipment. This is the 3 cabin version where the port hull is reserved for the owner and includes a large bathroom and a desk.
With twin helms on the hulls, (both with biminis on this boat) you have a lower centre of gravity, reducing pitching moment; you are driving the boat from a position where you have good visibility forward and aft, and you are able to see all four corners of the boat.
The trampoline is spacious for sunbathing if the crew is solarphilic, while fitted cushions and a small table along the forward edge of the bridgedeck provide seating space for loungers. The two large foredeck lockers will hold lots of fenders and lines.
With 1800 watts of solar, a Spectra watermaker and 600 amp hour lithium batteries (LiPo4), this catamaran is perfectly appointed for full-time blue water sailing.
Designed for couples or families, the Nautitech 40 Open is a multiple award-winning blue water cruising catamaran. Fast, modern, safe, and comfortable with amazing sailing performance. Fully loaded from the factory, this specific boat was priced at $586,621 (before adding solar, lithium and a Spectra watermaker).
Her most recent sail (early June 2o21) was from Dominican Republic to Charleston, SC – a journey she completed in under 7 days, averaging over 12 knots and hitting a max speed of 17.4.
All the photos are our actual boat. All the interior photos we’re taken this week, and some of the drone shots are from earlier this year.
The Nautitech 40 Open is a refined boat, the result of an evolution that provides greater comfort and visibility while retaining its speed and extraordinary sailing performance. It would be hard to imagine a better multihull design in this particular market niche.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Supernova|
|Builder:||Nautitech (La Rochelle, France)|
|Designer:||Mortain & Mavrikios|
|Construction:||Polyester sandwich infused hulls|
|Loa:||39' 4" (11.98 m.)|
|Lwl:||37' 9" (11.50 m.)|
|Beam:||21' 4" (6.50 m.)|
|Headroom:||77 in / 196 cm|
|Draft:||3' 11" (1.20 m.)|
|Displacement:||16,280 lb. (7,385 kg.)|
|Mast Height:||65'9'' (20,05 m)|
|Fuel Tanks:||2 x 215 L / 2 x 57 gal|
|Water Tanks:||2 x 215 L / 2 x 57 gal|
|Holding Tanks:||2 x 45 L / 2 x 11 gal|
|Engines:||Volvo Penta D1 30h/p|
|Fuel Consumption:||.5 gal/hr at 2000 rpm, per engine|
|Sails:||Full batten mainsail, standard
63 sqm / 678 sq ft
Self-tacking jib, standard
28 sqm / 301 sq ft
Furling gennaker, standard
70 sqm / 753 sq ft
.5 gal at 2000 rpm
Communications / Entertainment
- Iridium go satellite messenger/internet connection with external antennea
- Mounted iPads in saloon and master bedroom
- B&G VHF / AIS with wireless handset (outside helm station) and inside (nav station)
- FUSION Marine Audio MS-BB300 (AM/FM, USB, Bluetooth, Aux, 2 speakers in saloon, 2 speakers in cockpit, 2 speakers on mast facing bow, 2 speakers in owners side (bedroom and bathroom)).
- 3 cabin, owners version
- owners side electric fresh water toilet
- starboard side, sea water manual pump toilet
Galley / Water
- Spectra Cape Horn Extreme 12V Watermaker (can run all day via solar)
- Freezer 55Ltr, 12V in stb hull
- Fridge in Galley
- Additional Fridge in cockpit 65L, 12V
- Depth finder
- Water temperature
- Indoor and outdoor humidity sensors
- Forward sonar (shows the water depth in front of the boat)
- Generator Onan 6 KW (7,5KVA/60Hz 110V)
- USA Electrical system 110V 60HZ
- 1800 watts solar
- 600 amp hour LiPo4 batteries
- Battery charger 100A
- Inverter 2000W
Comfort & Styling
- Synthetic-teak in cockpit and aft platforms
- Nautitech upgraded anodized aluminium Titanium look (pushpit/pulpit/stanchions/ steering wheels/coachroof handrails)
- Frontdeck Lounge: Bar/storage box for front deck lounge with integrated cupholders, Foldable 3 parts cushions convertible into loungearea
- Full cockpit enclosure (tent) with door (Sunbrella)
- Additional sun net for cockpit enclosure (sun shades in addition to the full cockpit tent)
- Bimini on each helmstation
- Teak cockpit table (hydraulic legs, convertible into outdoor bed, cushion included)
- Sun sails (cover the bow area and provide shade)
- Bow hammock
- Upgraded upholstery saloon leather "Savoy"
- Upgrade galley worktop
- Dimmable indoor lights
- Pulldown outdoor TV projector
- 2 x mounted iPad (in owners cabin and in saloon)
- Full size queen beds with comfort mattress in owners cabin
- Stainless steel handrail at companionway, leather cover
- Mosquito screens for all hatches on deck
- 12V plugs/usb chargers ( 1 x per cabin and 1 x saloon)
Sails & Rigging
- Self tacking jib
- Genaker 70sqm incl. sheets and furler
- Electrical winch and mainsail halyard at helm station Stb.
- Genaker or Spinnaker gear (bowsprit, dynema halyard, blocks)
- 4 winches (manual for sheets and on mast, electrical winch for main halyard and jib)
Engines & Mechanical
- 2 x Volvo Penta D1-30 engines
- 2 x 3-blade folding propellers, bronze
- Electronic throttle control (2 engine controls on each helm station)
- Dinghy 3,1 m (Hypalon)
- 15 HP push button, electric start outboard
- Bilge pump
- Navigation and stern lights
- 2 x B&G Triton Displays (1 x per helmstation)
- with Speed-, Depth-, Wind-Transducer
- B&G Autopilot, B&G Autopilot control unit (1 x per helmstation)
- B&G V90 VHF incl. Antenna (nav station)
- B&G AIS Receiver / Transmitter
- B&G H50 wireless VHF unit (stb helmstation)
- 3 x B&G Zeus3 9” chartplotter (1 x per helmstation and 1 at nav station)
- GoFree Track (WIFI/GSM), wireless link
- B&G Radar
- Life raft cat. A with security pack for 10 crew (needs it's scheduled inspection)
- Life vests
- Throwable life line
- Flares, ditch bag etc.
- Two super bright LED spreader lights
- Under bridgedeck lights
- Outdoor LED courtesy lights
- Electronic propane switch
- Smoke alarms/detectors
- Propane alarms/detectors
Anchor & Docking
- Anchor windlass remote control with chaincounter at helm station
- Delta-Anchor, galvanized, chain Ø 10mm, length 60m with crow's feet
- Mantus chain hook with bridle
- 2 x hard paddle boards
- Outdoor Magma BBQ Grill
- Magma Pots/pans
Air Conditioning / Heating
- Air-conditioning 26.000 BTU (cooling + heating function /outlet in each cabin and saloon)
- Fans 12v (1 per cabin / 2 in saloon)