Pescott Whitehaven fast cruising catamaran 11.7 metres
Sailing vessel Paw Paw is in excellent condition having recently undergone a major refit with new sails, electronics, electrics, and more. The Whitehaven Catamarans are found throughout Australia and SE Asia. These cruisers are capable of fast and excellent performance.
This boat is in very good condition and the superior design does not have anything out of the USA to compare it with.
Australian architect, Mark Pescott has a design philosophy of light, low windage profiles for these catamarans. The super strong construction sandwiches WRC/Epoxy Glass, resulting in an unsinkable boat that also performs well under sail or engine.
Powered by a simple yet powerful 60 HP Yamaha Outboard that turns with the wheel Cruising speed to 8 knots using low fuel consumption, yet easily reaches 10 knots also.
This engine choice results in maintenance costs being drastically reduced compared to a standard sail-drive inboard engine. While sailing, lifting the engine with the electric trim adds to the performance and to easier maintenance such as no bio-fouling accumulation, anodes last longer. Propeller inspection/clearing of tangled debris and fishing lines is achieved quickly due to the inspection hatch.
This distinctive 11.7 m catamaran is an ideal easy-to-handle boat for those who want to enjoy the sailing adventures more, with less maintenance surprises, and with more leisure time to enjoy her sailing performance.
The cockpit features a folding bench, and its honeycomb composite table, when not in use is easily removed and stored under the roof.
With over nine feet wide across the saloon, the interior is very roomy and relaxed. The saloon comfortably accommodates 10 people around a large table.The port side extra-large galley and pantry provide storage and work space for any ambitious chef.
The hulls are filled with natural light from smokey acrylic viewing windows which are custom fitted to the boats curves.
Two cabins feature queen-size beds, plus two single-size forward V-berths. Removable bug screens are on all openings including saloon doors.
The vessel’s Malaysian flag registration allows low cost annual fees.
The boat is currently in Phuket, Thailand.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Paw Paw|
|Builder:||Tony Lee Multihull Marine Brisbane Australia|
|Construction:||Fiberglass - Epoxy- WRC core|
|Beam:||20 FT 6 inch (6.25m)|
|Draft:||5.11FT boards down (3FT boards UP)|
|Mast Height:||51FT 4 inch (15.5m)|
|Speed:||10 knots (engine) 15 knots (sail)|
|Fuel Tanks:||135L+100L spare /reserve|
|Water Tanks:||380L (2 tanks 130 L + 1 tank 120 L)|
|Holding Tanks:||40 L|
|Engines:||1x Yamaha 60HP|
|Fuel Consumption:||6 L/hour at 7 knots|
|Sails:||Gennaker (Doyle 2017) on retractable prodder (excellent condition)
Genoa (Rolly Tasker 2021) on Profurl (2020 new forestay/bearings) drum furler led aft
Main sail (Rolly Tasker 2018) excellent condition fully battened with boom bag and lazy jacks.
- Double Beds : 2 cabins, queen size (150x190 cm)
- Single bed: 2 forward cabin single, V-shape, (90x210 cm)
- Foldable bed in Saloon with foldable extension (300x140 cm)
- Two burner gas LPG cook top SMEV (2018)
- Fridge and freezer in 2 different compartments with digital temperature control (2019)
- Self-draining gas lockers
- Australian built stainless steel BBQ (reconditioned 2020)
- Stainless sink + fresh water tap + saltwater tap (2018)
- Water filtration system (active carbon + 5 u filter) (2021)
- Thru counter organic waste disposal
- Foldable bed in Saloon
- new upholstery (2018) new saloon table honeycomb (2020) new floor (2018)
- Cockpit roof with rainwater collection
- Foldable bench (2020)
- Removable table (2020
- Helm seat (2020)
- Rain shield, sun shield (foldable)
- VHF GME GX600 (2015) + head mast antenna + cable (2019)
- AIS Camino 108 AMEC (2019)
- AIS Splitter CUBO 162 AMEC (2019)
- BG Vulcan7 FSR Chart Plotter (2019) + BG forward scan
- Raymarine auto pilot EV-1 (2019)
- Raymarine wind sensor (2019)
- Raymarine speed/temp sensor (2019)
- Raymarine tridata instruments P70s (2019)
- Mount for tablet + mount for cellphone at the helm (2019)
- Mast head windex (2018)
- 3 x Unisolar 70 watt panels on Bimini (2016)
- 2 x 265 watt panels on davit (2018)
- 300 Ah LiFePO4 battery + BCU (2019)
- 55 Ah engine start battery (2019)
- VICTRON charge management (Cyrix 2019)
- Honda 2KW generator
- Solar MPPT 100/50 charger VICTRON (2019) + wireless monitoring
- 220V back up charger (50A) + shore power (2018)
- 12V – 220 V 1800 Watts pure sinus inverter (2018)
- 220V sockets (2x galley, 2x chart table)
- Thermal automatic breakers (2019)
- Switch panel at Helm (2019) + switch panel chart table (2021)
- Main breaker at chart table + secondary at battery (2018)
- Fuse blocks Blue Sea (2018)
- Power cables /secondary cables (2018)
- 12 V fresh water pump (galley, bathroom, shower deck) (2020)
- 12 V saltwater pump (galley + deck, 2020)
- Windlass 12V 1000 watts Maxwell (recond. 2020)
- Sony radio with CD/MP3/USB (2017)
- All led lights including navigation lights (2019)
- 12 V fans (1x galley, 4x bedroom, 4x saloon) (2018)
- 12 V Toilet macerator TMC (2020)
- 12 V socket (4x saloon, 2x chart table) (2018)
- 5V USB socket (4x chart table, 2x bedroom) (2018)
- TMC 12 V Electric toilet (2020) + holding tank (2018)
- Whale sink (2017) + electric shower with holding tank
- Plenty of storage
Deck & Hull
- Trampolines x 2 from Pirelli mesh, (2017)
- Forebeam glass composite with inbuilt arch and fixed
- Alloy Inverted V wire tensioner
- Composite Glass Cat Walk with anchor Roller is wide and safe .
- Stainless steel Pulpit
- Double mounted stanchions each side
- Side Mounted Dagger Boards in fibreglass cases
- Deep rope fore-deck with twist SS Latch and self-draining outlet
- Foredeck anchor locker with electric windlass and chain fall compartment under
- Hardtop bimini with raised edge for water catchment
- Aft step hatches to large storage lockers
- Acrylic covered window above steering station, with sliding polycarbonate shield
- Alloy engineered davits tube braced supporting adjustable davits underside with 2 dinghy lift points
- Outboard engine stand for storage (2018)
- 2 fishing rod holders (2020)
Sails & Rigging
- All Yacht Spars with all wires (2015) including life lines
- Forestay (new Rolly Tasker 2019) + Furler maintenance kit (2019)
- Gennaker (Doyle) on retractable prodder with continuous rope loop furling led aft (reinforced 2018)
- Genoa (Tasker) on Profurl drum furler (new 2021).
- Mainsail (2018 Tasker) fully battened Offshore 43sqm 8.88 High Mass Fibre Crosscut, 3 sets of reefs
- Boom bag and lazy jacks
- Andersen stainless steel winches: 2x28ST/2S (halyards) ; 2 x 46 ST/2S for sheets; 1 x 40 2S (main)
Engines & Mechanical
- Main engine 60 HP 4 stroke Yamaha outboard +full service end 2019 (V-Belt, injectors, filter, oil, fuel pump, fuel filter with water separator, water pump impeller, start relay, starter brushes, trim relay)+ spare propeller
- Stainless steel inspection opening for emergency tiller
- Emergency tiller, engineered stainless with timber tiller extension (2020)
- 2 rudders glass/epoxy/divinycell with full stock stainless steel (2020)
- Rudders driven by cables to quadrants from central wheel with spoke and chain connection
- Dinghy Spindrift 2.9 m + outboard engine Mercury 2 stroke 8 HP (2016)
- Watermaker Seawater Pro 80L/hour (2020)
- Smoke detectors x2 (2018)
- Life jackets x8 + Horseshoe lifebuoy
- Safety flares kit
- Spare propeller
- Removable emergency outboard engine stand (the boat is powered by dinghy outboard engine in case of emergency)
Anchor & Docking
- Rocna 20kg (new 2018) anchor on 60m chain (2020) + 60m nylon rope
- Spare anchor - Danforth +20 m stainless chain + 40 m nylon rope
- Hull, deck non slip Paint (2018)
- Antifouling (2021)