S/V Kyrie is a 1983 Prout Snowgoose 37 Classic for sale by owner. Completely refit in 2003 and continuously updated since.
Our beloved home and adventure platform is now on the market as our 4 year cruise is now complete. She is in solid condition with easily maintained and robust systems throughout with many redundancies in place to keep you going if something fails. Many spare parts, rebuild kits, and emergency repair parts included for all major systems.
As is expected with her pedigree, she is robustly built, extremely seaworthy, and has already completed one circumnavigation prior to her 2003 refit. The refit was incredibly thorough with new sails, rig (since replaced again), new engine, new insulated headliner, new diamond seaglaze exterior windows, new cockpit custom roof and solar. All systems are installed with thought for ease of maintenance and serviceability.
Kyrie has been fully upgraded with everything you need for remote self-sufficient life on anchor, making your own power from the sun, and desalinating your drinking water onboard. Her systems are all thoroughly tested and proven, with full time use for a family of 5 onboard.
These boats are renowned for their build quality, beachability, extremely shallow draft, short mast, and good sailing manners. She is a perfect boat for the ICW, great loop, Bahamas, Keys, or a circumnavigation.
Please note as of 3/1/2023 we are actively cruising her up to the Bahamas chain, intending to arrive in North Carolina the beginning of April. If arranged early, we may be able to deliver her anywhere from the Florida Keys to North Carolina.
Recent Upgrades and Updates
- Completely re-rigged professionally, including chain plates 2019.
- Sillette Drive Completely rebuilt in 2020.
- 560AH Lithium LIFEPO4 main battery bank with bluetooth BMS installed new in 2021
- New Solar (750W) and Victron MPPT controllers 2019.
- New Main Charger (Sterling ProPower 60A) in 2021.
- New salon cushions 2022.
- Completely Rebuilt Watermaker 2021; New Membrane 2022.
- New AIS (Vesper XB-8000) 2018.
- New Spinnaker 2021; ATN spinnaker sock new 2019.
- All sails UV covers professionally replaced 2021.
Continue to S/V Kyrie's Catamaran Photos
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Kyrie|
|Builder:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Designer:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Loa:||37 ft 0 in / 11.3m|
|Lwl:||35 ft 0 in / 10.7m|
|Beam:||15 ft 2 in / 4.6m|
|Headroom:||7 foot 6 inches|
|Mast Height:||45 ft 0 inches|
|Fuel Tanks:||40 gal|
|Water Tanks:||80 gal|
|Holding Tanks:||12 gal|
|Engines:||Yanmar 3GM30 with Silette Drive|
|Fuel Consumption:||.6 gallons/hour|
|Sails:||Roller furling Mainsail, Yankee, and Genoa - Good condition with sunbrella UV covers professionally replaced in 2021.|
Asymmetrical Spinnaker with ATN sock; new in 2021.
- Yanmar 3GM30, approximately 2500 hours.
- Silette drive, fully rebuilt in 2020 (completely new internals) with approximately 800 hours.
- Standard Lead-Acid start battery isolated from main battery bank.
- Runs perfectly, lots of spares on board for everything (alternator, starter, gasket set, etc).
- Automatic Fire Extinguisher installed in engine compartment
- 40 Gallons main tank capacity, with additional 20 gallons in jerry cans in bow locker.
- Approximately 350 miles motoring range at 5.5 knots.
- Triple level fuel filtration with RCI Purifier primary, Racor secondary, and Yanmar on-engine as third level.
- Fuel has always been treated with biocide, and tank has been kept full and clean.
Rigging & Sails:
- Rig completely new in 2019 with all receipts available. Port Townsend Rigging in Port Townsend, WA did all the work.
- New standing rigging (swaged) – 1x oversized from factory rig.
- New chain plates – double original thickness 316L polished stainless steel.
- Reworked and reinforced spreaders & spreader mounts
- All new Delrin in-mast sheaves with bronze bushings.
- New turnbuckles
- Rebuilt all three roller furling units (Profurl)
- All mast wiring and electrical devices replaced.
- New VHF antenna
- New Steaming Light
- New Anchor/Tricolor light (Lunasea LED) – daylight sensor for anchor light for automatic on/off. Zero AIS interference from this unit.
- Working sails (3) are all in good condition. Sunbrella sun covers all replaced professionally in 2021.
- New Asymmetrical Spinnaker with ATN Sock in 2021. Good condition.
- Sea anchor (never used).
- Mast ascending system with bosun’s chair.
- 2 tanks, 40 gallons each.
- Watermaker: Little Wonder 12v model, 6gph. Completely rebuilt 2021; New membrane 2022. Runs off solar easily. Uses approximately 17A running.
- Hot Water Heater – Isotherm 5 gallon unit, installed, but drained and water currently disconnected. Worked perfectly when disconnected (2021), and a very easy project to recommission.
- Boat completely re-plumbed in 2021.
- New water pump with spare pump.
Power and Power Generation:
- 3 banks of solar, each with separate Victron MPPT controller. 750W total output. Realistically with no shading will output 35-45 amps on a good day in the tropics.
- 560 AH of lithium LIFEPO4 batteries, new in 2021
- 60A Sterling main battery charger; universal voltage unit (can take EU or USA voltages)
- Factory 55A Hitachi Alternator currently installed, with alternator protection device installed to prevent damage from Lithium batteries
- 150A aftermarket alternator with Balmar controller included, not currently installed (never needed!)
- Victron BMV-712 battery monitor, also automatically charges start battery as needed.
- Victron Orion 12v-12v battery charger to charge start battery and isolate it from the main house bank.
- All wiring is marine grade tinned wire.
- Xantrex 2000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter – will run even the microwave at anchor.
- Honda EU2000i generator as backup power, around 700 hours since new. Starts on the first pull.
Navigation and communication:
- Vesper XB-8000 AIS – works easily with your tablet, phone, or computer to send GPS and AIS data.
- Silva Nexus sailing instrument set, with wind, wind direction, depth, water speed, etc.
- Currently paddle wheel sensor for through the water speed is not functional, meaning wind only shows apparent angle and apparent speed.
- Spare masthead anemometer.
- Nexus autopilot (hydraulic) – works perfectly
- Cetrek autopilot (hydraulic backup unit) – fully installed and was working when decommissioned 1 year ago. Needs power reconnected (2 wires) and a new rudder angle indicator to be fully functional.
- Radar: Raytheon Pathfinder SL70
- GPS: Garmin GPSMAP 215 with chart chips for majority of the West Coast USA & Canada
- Compass: Plastimo Contest 130
- Depth Sounder: Hummingbird
- Depth Sounder 2: Uniden
- Fixed VHF: ICOM ICM502 with remote Commandmic II at helm
- Handheld VHF: Standard Horizon HX290
- SSB: ICOM ICM710RT with Pactor 3 modem, unlocked for HAM frequencies – controllable with computer over USB.
- Standard running lights are incandescent; sailing running lights are LED for power savings.
- EPIRB – GlobalFix V4 with user replaceable battery – New 2018.
- Full jackline system included with (4) manual inflating life vests with built-in harnesses. One life jacket as AIS PLB installed (good till 2025)
- All internal lighting upgraded to LED.
- Main cabin lighting is Alpenglow with red night light option.
- Installed Diesel boat heating system.
- Webasto Water boiler with 3x internal fan assisted radiators. Realistically keeps the boat comfortable inside down to around 25F. Has not been started in 3 years as we’ve been in the tropics full time but worked perfectly when last used. Boiler wick was replaced in 2018. Also heats hot water when running in the isotherm water heater. Unit has been lightly used.
- Boat is fully insulated down to the keels, and is dry in the winters.
- Upgraded main mattress with 3” Latex topper – extremely comfortable and cool sleeping.
- Converted to composting head (C – Head) with fan assisted venting. Head always smells fresh and much easier to deal with than pump-outs in our experience. Also nothing to clog and compliant with the most stringent marine areas!
- For full time usage for 5 people, the head is a separating unit, and the liquids need to be emptied daily, and the solids every 5 days or so. With two people, the liquids would likely be every other day and the solids around every 2 weeks.
- Through – hulls and holding tank (12 gallons) from original marine head are still installed for easy conversion back to standard marine head if desired. I do have the head and head hand pump as well in storage if you want it (Lavac Popular)
- Custom soaking bathtub in head. Water lines are currently disconnected to the shower head, but extremely easy to reconnect. We needed the storage more than the tub.
- All lockers are power ventilated using small computer fans – silent and keeps mold accumulation to zero.
- Two Breeze Scoops Included.
- Custom full boat sun shade for summer sun protection included.
- Window Shaker style 7500 BTU A/C included. (new 2021) Installs in 10 minutes through main cabin hatch. It is really intended for marina usage, but keeps the boat comfortable in 100 degree heat or more and can be run off the generator if desired.
- Screens for all windows
- Insignia LED TV; converted for 12V use.
- Sony DSX-A410BT stereo with inside and outside speakers.
- 10 Caframo ultimate fans throughout the boat for additional comfort.
- Networking devices supplied and configured by IslandTime Marine Wifi – internal wireless network router and external long range wifi antenna. Works beautifully with up to 2 mile range from the source wifi device.
- Custom Diamond Seaglaze tinted windows throughout the boat. 3/8” safety glass in the bow, and ¼” safety glass on the side.
- Gebo hatches throughout.
- 3 refrigerators included:
- One 96 quart dual compartment top loading fridge/freezer by SnoMaster. New in 2020; sips the power and keeps ice cream hard! This is an absolutely top of the line unit. Full set of spare parts included.
- One front loading Norcold 12v fridge in the galley.
- One custom installed fridge/freezer under Starboard rear bunk. Uses a TrueBlueCool compressor and stainless cold plate. Note we found that the insulation was not adequate for tropical conditions, so it was shut off when we got the SnoMaster unit and used it for dry storage instead. If in colder climates or if the insulation is upgraded, it could easily be used once again.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with oven.
- 40 pounds of propane in aluminum tanks in bow locker with automatic switchover valve. 10 pound aluminum tank on stern rail for barbecue. One 20 pound tank lasts us 2 to 3 months of full time cooking use.
- Weber Q barbecue on rail mount. New regulator in 2022.
- Wasi 25KG stainless steel primary Anchor with Wasi PowerBall swivel. Sets easily and is very oversized for this boat. We sleep very well.
- 125’ 5/16” BBB Chain, Regalvanized in 2021.
- 150’ New England Ropes 5/8” anchor Rode spliced after the chain. Almost never used.
- Tigress electric windlass.
- Hand spliced anchor bridle with shock absorbers included – very handy when anchoring in shallow water.
- Fortress FX27 backup or stern anchor with rode and chain. Folds down, and stores in its own small bag.
- Vesper AIS system has built in anchor drag monitoring. Just flip a switch at the helm when you drop the anchor, set the desired swing radius, and it will alarm if you go outside of that radius.
- PortaBote 12’ New 2019. Seats painted white, added drain plug for davit usage, and added sunbrella covers to the flotation foam. Normally lives on the davits, but can be folded easily for ocean passages. Very tough and weighs a little over 100# assembled without the motor. Planes with two adults with the included motor.
- 2019 Yamaha F6 6hp 4 stroke outboard. Approximately 300 hours since new. Starts on the first or second pull. Full maintenance kit included along with external fuel tank.
- Mantus Dinghy Anchor.
- Custom SS dinghy swim ladder
- (2) plastic single person kayaks and paddles with Mantus rail mounts.