S/V Retreat Time is a Florida-based 1977 Sailcraft Apache 44 for sale by its owner. Retreat Time is ready for a new owner. Our 44 ft Apache, a very capable cruising catamaran, with stunning dimensions and lines. An extensively thought-out sailing yacht. Modernized yet simple, including a central helm protected from the weather.
The Apache 44 is a proven long distance cruiser with lifting keels and a generous rig. Many of these boats have crossed oceans and they have a reputation for stability and safety.
Retreat Time was constructed using superior vinyl ester resins and all renovation work was done using epoxy. Lee boards and trunks were removed, greatly increasing the already ample interior spaces, and full-length skid-keels were installed, which protect the vessel and make hauling a simple and safe process, and provide superior leeward resistance while maintaining a minimum 3.5-foot draft.
The Apache is a strong, beautiful and blue water tested catamaran. Accommodates two couples or a family in comfort and safety. She sports an open interior with lots of storage space. Two staterooms, nav station, toilet/shower, pantry, full galley as well as a settee and a double pilot berth. Great model for long distance, long term cruising where efficiency and economy are a priority. Large cockpit is designed for living, dining, sleeping and pondering in the tropics.
See the evolution of this one-of-a-kind Hy-bred yacht. Redesigned with electric propulsion, beachable, or can sit flat on a sand bar without worry of bending a prop or shaft. Worry free energy for all your comfort needs. Whether you’re looking for pandemic escape or a solution to over taxation here is your answer. Lock down hatches, dead bolt entry, isolated water system, all this and Star Link to keep you connected. Ideal comfort for two, room for 4 under way. Quite long-range propulsion makes Retreat Time exactly what yacht manufacturers should be building.
Retreat Time is well equipped and meticulously maintained.
Recent Upgrades Dec 2022
- 32 New Fullriver batteries
- 8 for the house banks
- 24 for the propulsion banks
- 2 Max feathering props
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Retreat Time|
|Construction:||Fin keel, skeg hung rudder. Beachable, resting on keels.|
|Loa:||12.5m (44FT 0 inches)|
|Lwl:||10.97m (39.5FT 0 inches)|
|Beam:||6.1m (19FT 11 inch)|
|Headroom:||2m (6FT 8 inches)|
|Draft:||1.1m (3 ft 6 in) board's removed|
|Mast Height:||15.8m (52FT 0 inches)|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||57 feet|
|Speed:||8 knots sail 5 knots motor|
|Fuel Tanks:||50 gal generator diesel|
|Water Tanks:||2/75 gal each forward hull|
|Holding Tanks:||30 gal|
|Cabins:||2 possibly 4|
|Engines:||Thunderstruck 18 KW 72 volt x2 liquid cooled|
|Sails:||3 reef main
Hank on stay
Genoa on Furler
Two spinnakers in socks
- Two aft staterooms
- King size bed areas with lower locker
- Three large hanging lockers
- 12-volt tv, DVD
- Ac/ heat
- Salon With day bed
- galley down
- stand up shower
- Nav station
- chart table
- forward extra-large storage lockers
- port fwd. is an engineering station with water maker.
- Stbd forward is pantry, Ice maker, freshwater pump, storage area.
- Daybed and salon cushions as well as the stateroom seating have been replaced with new high-end upholstery and foam.
- New 40 in tv. with star link installed.
- Blue LED walkway lighting
- Red and white interior lighting LED throughout.
- Full-size double-bowl sink
- Electric fridge and freezer
- Microwave oven
- Induction cooktop
- Multi-function countertop portable oven,
- Magma high wind grill is aft on the arch.
- Centered helm allows for excellent views of all four corners
- Overhead window to see aloft.
- Helm is lockable and burglar proof
- All the exterior lockers lock from inside.
- Folding entry door with heavy SS hasp type latch,
- 50 Amp or 2-30 Amp Shore power hook ups
- All necessary sail rigging is available in the cockpit for single handling.
- Blue seas marine grade wiring and fasteners.
- Circuit breaker protected ac and dc circuits throughout. including high voltage propulsion and charging circuits.
- 2000 watts of solar generation capability
- 2000-watt pure sinewave inverter
- 9 Kw diesel generator
- upwards of 7 amps per motor as propellers drag when sails are up.
- Two Wind generators
- Redundant digital battery chargers powered from shore or generator power.
- New Dec 2022 8 group 31 Fullriver storage batteries, House Loads
- New Dec 2022 and 24 Fullriver group 31 traction batteries (Propulsion)
- All batteries stored below the floors in individual holders.
Deck & Hull
- Solid decks, Strong fittings,
- Standing rigging is robust
- Slip resistant deck coating
- Bottom painted, bonded, insulated, zinc protected.
- New solar screens 2022
- On deck is Diesel generator fill, and pump out,
- Water fill is inside for safety.
- Dingy on chocks aft and tied down.
- Under arch is room to hang10 fishing poles.
Sails & Rigging
- Cutter sail plan
- Large sail wardrobe provide options for any wind conditions
- 3 reef point mainsail with Tides Track and flaking bag new 2022
- 120% roller furling genoa new weather wrap 2020
- Storm yankee
- Storm tri-sail
- 2 symmetrical spinnakers with snuffer socks for downwind work.
Engines & Mechanical
- Twin electric 18 Kw propulsion system's designed by Thunder Struck EV New 2022
- Max feathering props. New 2022
- Utilizes standard off-the-shelf components, that are simple and efficient
- Recharges its batteries while sailing.
- The electric propulsion provides quiet, powerful and precise maneuvering in close quarters.
- Added in 2018 a Fischer Panda generator, (145 hrs) that runs all the ships loads.
Tender/arch launch system
- 2005 AB inflatable center console 11 ft
- Honda 25 hp
- Tender launched and recovered from twin trolly davits from under the arch
- 1 person can accomplish this.
- Raymarine sail package: wind speed direction depth
- Forward looking sonar
- Auto pilot
- Chart plotter
- Course computer
- 2 Vhf's
- Star link
- Garmin 9sv (2022)
- Richie light up compass
- Nav lights, spotlight
- Jack lines
- Many hand holds
- Lifelines all around
- Life raft (expired)
- MOB throw and lighted strobe buoy.
- Emergency steering.
Anchor & Docking
- 8 anchors Total
- 70 pound Luke Fisherman
- 60 pound Danforth
- two aluminum Fortress
- two CQR’s,
- Delta 55 and
- Bruce plow.
- Electric windlass on the port bow
- Manual windlass on the starboard.
- Each bow anchor locker contains 100’ of 5/16” HT chain
- Ample selection of rope ground tackle.
- Very easy to dock.
- Anchor bridle makes mooring/ anchoring a breeze.
- Although I personally have not beached this cat, they are known to do so.
- Skeg hung rudders and full steel rails running 80 % of the water line allow for this feature.
- Spares parts for nearly every component including motor controller
- Pumps filters and impellers, water maker, zincs.