S/V Peregrine is a 1988 Simpson 48 catamaran for sale by owner. This is a 4 Cabin, 2 Head, Galley Up boat with a recent Survey available. Peregrine’s hull is strip planked with western red cedar and covered inside and out with 6 oz fiberglass fabric and West System epoxy. The strip planking runs from shear clamp to shear clamp. The deck is Airex foam cored and Okoume plywood sheathed. The high load areas are reinforced with unidirectional fiberglass plus Kevlar.
This boat has been repowered with 2 X 54hp 4 cyl. Yanmar Diesels with V DRIVES. These engines have just 500 hours on them. Her sails include Genoa, a fully battened main sail with strong slide system. Standing rigging (including chainplates) replaced in 2013.
Her Galley includes three medium size ice boxes–currently no refrigeration system installed, a 3 burner propane stove and oven, double sink in galley with pressurized fresh water and a 700w microwave.
With some point to point race results in the SORC that are the envy of many , Fort Lauderdale to Key West, Miami to Havana. Wins against Gunboats and Outremers , Atlantics …etc.. I HAVE SAILED HER IN BIG WIND AND SEAS AND SHE IS AN OFFSHORE WONDER. Last sail up the coast KEY WEST TO BEAUFORT NC. A LITTLE OVER 50 hours BIG WIND, DOWNSTREAM..
She is well cared for and is berthed at ORIENTAL NC, ON THE NEUSE RIVER.. She was hauled and bottom painted at JARRETT BOAT WORKS on the intracoastal, recently, and can be hauled there for inspection, and survey, not more than 3 hours down ADAMS CREEK.
PEREGRINE was built in South Carolina, 1986, from SIMPSONS PLANS as a 45′ , and then extended 3′ SUGARSCOOPS , with swim out steps, Built by a well known MASTER BOAT BUILDER.
This boat is light and fast , with a powerful rig and inventory, main ,jib, code zero and spinnaker. all new in the last five years . the mast has a 64′ air draft , making her a true intracoastal cruiser, She has one 8 ft dagger board, and draws 3.5 ft with it up, and a 6′ bow sprit with wisker stays. The main is easily dowsed to reef and raised with all lines led to a cockpit electric winch. Lazy jacks to a DOYLE cradle less than a year old.
She is not a condo cat , no Air Conditioning, no TV, no genset, no water maker.. no refrigeration…
She has huge water tanks, two full heads with manual toilets, holding tanks and showers sumps and sinks.
Featuring a full galley with lots of storage gas stove ,oven . sink etc… and four built in ice boxes..
She is beautiful, to me, I have taken care of her these last six years and love her…she’s finished in mahogany trim, built of S- glass over cedar core, power comes from twin 54 hp yanmars , two sets of props , three blade bronze and folding kiwis for racing , the steering is hydraulic, and equipped with a full suite of Garmin including RADAR and AUTO PILOT. all in working order…
She has ten hatches that supply ample circulation, all new under my watch…plus many fans.
I WILL ALWAYS MISS HER, BEST BOAT I VE EVER SAILED!!!
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Peregrine|
|Model:||48 Pilot House|
|Construction:||S Glass,cedar core composite|
|Draft:||3.5 ft board up|
|Displacement:||Approx 15000 lbs|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||4 ft|
|Speed:||Engine max 10 knts ,sail max 21 knots|
|Fuel Tanks:||100 gal|
|Holding Tanks:||2x12 gal|
|Engines:||2 X 54hp 4 cyl. Yanmar Diesels with V DRIVES|
|Engine Hours:||Approx 500 hrs|
|Sails:||Main, jib, code zero,symmetrical spinnaker|
- Composite, cedar core, s glass
- 4 cabins
- 2 aft cabins are queen size berths, with cabinets, and hanging lockers
- 2 forward cabins , are double are full size , with cabinets and hanging lockers.
- 2 full heads , w/ sink ,showers, manual toilets, w/ holding tanks and y valves and macerator pumps, ample cabinets
- Bridge deck wide Salon, with U settee
- Cooler/coffee table
- 4 hatches
- 4 forward windows
- Full galley on bridge-deck
- Double SS SINK
- 3 burner stove,SS STOVE AND OVEN
- 2 built in ice boxes
- 3 hatches
- Bridge Deck wide Cockpit
- one electric winch , with halyards, jib sheets , main sheets, and topping lift led to it thru clutches
- One manual winch, with code zero sheets, spinn sheets , traveler, and jib furling lines led to it thru clutches
- Code zero continuous furling line
- Two settees with four bean bags
- "Full GARMIN ARRAY"
- CHART PLOTTER
- WIND INSTRUMENT
- SPEED INSTRUMENT
- AUTO PILOT HYDRAULIC
- TWO ENGINE INSTRUMENTS
- Beautifully built panel please see pictures
- Battery charger/ inverter combo
- Two solar panels
Deck & Hull
- Full walk around flat deck
- Stanchions, life lines see pictures
Sails & Rigging
- 64 aluminum mast , two sets of spreaders, two sets of SS stays,and two running back stays
- All lines led to cockpit
- Code zero and furler, set on 5 inch dia , x 6 ft bow sprit , with wisker stays
- Jib and furler
- Symmetrical spin
- Full battened main
- All built by MACK SAILS, IN GOOD CONDITION , 5 years old
Engines & Mechanical
- Twin 54 hp 4 cylinder, YANMARS , APPROX 500 hours, V DRIVES
- 1.25 in shafts ,
- Two 16 inch three blade props( cruising)
- Two KIWI FOLDING PROPS FOR RACING
- Garming chart plotter
Anchor & Docking
- Two anchors
- Lighthouse winch