S/V Camala, a proven Prout Snowgoose 37, is offered for sale by owner. She is a comfortable and proven home on the sea that can be sailed to any where in the world you would dream to visit. This Prout Snowgoose 37 is a good comfortable family cruising catamaran, which can also be used for long term cruising or a live aboard. Can sleep 5 / 7 people, spacious saloon for entertaining.
The Snowgoose is renown for its rugged construction and seakindliness as these boats were built to cross oceans, and not as additions to Caribbean charter fleets. Somewhere around 500 boats were built, and, although statements like this are impossible to confirm, its been said that nearly 100 have completed circumnavigations. The Snowgoose can be found in every ocean on the planet.
The boat has a full galley to starboard with cabins forward and aft. Starboard side has nav station with head forward and cabin aft. There is also a double berth forward in the main salon. The interior is simple and lightweight in order to maintain good sailing performance. A combination of classic woods and modern materials give the boat a spacious and open feeling that is hard to find on a boat this size.
This catamaran for sale by owner, is currently on the hard in Greece, available for cruising the Greek Islands! We are currently in Greece and the boat is available for viewing throughout the month of July.
Our family of 5 has been sailing her in the Med for the last 4 summers, but our kids are getting older and we have outgrown the boat. She would be ideal for a couple or a family with small kids.
To describe the boat’s general-conditions is a question of the individual point-of-view and priorities. We bought the boat five years ago with the intention to test out the cruising lifestyle. We would be happy to keep the boat but our growing family needs a bigger space.
The boat is not perfect and will need some cosmetic work but she will take you where you want to go just as well as the really big and expensive cats but at a more economical price point.
|Builder:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Designer:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Loa:||37 ft 0 in / 11.3m|
|Lwl:||35 ft 0 in / 10.7m|
|Beam:||15 ft 2 in / 4.6m|
|Draft:||3 ft 0 in / .9m|
|Mast Height:||45 ft 0 inches|
|Fuel Tanks:||35 gals / 160L|
|Water Tanks:||80 gals / 300L (in two tanks)|
|Holding Tanks:||10 gals / 35L|
|Engines:||BetaMarine 38 hp, 4 cylinder Diesel installed in 2010. Sonic drive completely overhauled in 2001|
- Cabins: 3 twin berths and 1 queen berth
- Enclosed Cockpit
- Starboard aft berth used as storage
- Manual foot-pump out of Starboard water tank
- 2 Gas burner stove with oven
- 12v. portable fridge
- Marine toilet
- 35lt holding tank
- Log/depth: older Tridata
- Wind dir: direction does not work properly
- VHF/ AIS: New Standard Horizon GX2200 (2017)
- Autohelm 3000 Auto pilot connected with Wagner pump
- Batteries: (3) 105AH deep cycle house batteries and
- (1) 105AH starting battery from 2017, in good condition
- Victron BMV-712 battery monitor
- (3) 120 watt panels mounted on stern arch
- (3) 100 watt and (1) 50 watt panel mounted on cockpit Bimini. Total of 700 watts.
- Fixed Bimini
- Cockpit enclosure with Lexan windows in the front, canvas sides and Swim ladder
- 2 cockpit tables (one small underway table and one larger at anchor table)
- Cockpit cushions
- Sails (in good shape): full-battend Mainsail
- Harken roller furling (2016)
- hanked-on Stay sail
- Spinnaker ca. 120 sqm
- Anchors: 20 kg Cobra with 70 meters of chain
- 12 kg claw with 5 meters of chain and 40 meters of rope
- Windlass: South Pacific electric
- 6-person liferaft (soft case from 2006), service due July 2020
- New salon windows (2016),
- Antifouling: new bottom paint June 2020