TRT-1200 is a Norwegian designed performance catamaran. Standard boat design is very light. Built in sandwich with vinylester, multiaxial e-glass and divinycel. These expensive materials are used to get a stronger and lighter boat than with using ordinary polyester GRP. Vinylester is not prone to osmosis problems. The rotating mast and front beam are made of carbon fibre. The standing rigging is synthetic. This boat was modified at the yard to be more suitable as a liveaboard than the original design. She is therefore altered to give place to a big deckhouse, with galley, a sofa that sits eight and a navigation station. The primary changes were, a reinforcement of structural places due to the added weight and a lowering of the bridge deck, to give a roomier deckhouse. She is still faster and tacking higher than most catamarans and cruising monohulls. Lowering the bridgedeck instead of raising the roof and the boom. Makes her prone to bridgedeck slamming in bigger waves, but she will somewhat gain with bigger mainsail area, lower point of gravity and it makes the access to the hulls easier. Due to the lowered bridgedeck she is best suited for coastal cruising, when slamming can be a problem in bigger waves.
Hulls was made in 2004. She was rigged and sailed for the first time in July 2013. Interior built and fitted by professional Norwegian boat interior factory. 2 helm stations fitted on deck saloon wall for safety and better view of all 4 corners. Large comfortable net in front for sunbathing. 4 double bed cabins with very comfortable mattresses. Wardrobe with hanging lockers and shelves in all cabins. Very big storage space in main beam.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Karayato|
|Builder:||Hulls build at a composite yard in bulgary. Inventory made in Norway. in bulgary.|
|Designer:||Hulls Ulf Tolfsen.|
|Construction:||Vinylester divinycell sandwich. Front beam and mast is Carbonfiber.|
|Mast Height:||55feet 9inches|
|Bridgedeck Clearance:||1feet 6inches|
|Engines:||2 x Lombardini 18hp|
- Sandwich construction.
- Vinylester with devinycell core.
- Carbon front beam and rotating carbon wing mast.
- Four double bed cabins.
- Very comfortable mattresses.
- Wardrobes with hanging lockers and shelves in all cabins.
- Generous storage space in main beam.
- 2x 20L water heaters heated by cooling water from engines, or 220v ac.
- 2x toilets, one electric with holding tank and one manual direct to sea.
- Large deck house.
- Sofa, seats eight.
- Large navigation table.
- Galley upstairs.
- Standing hight 200cms.
- Standing hight 200cms.
- Artisinal Norwegian boat interior.
- Cockpit covered with a bimini.
- Bimini is enclosed in front with transparent panels for heavy weather protection.
- Two helm stations.
- 2x 60ah stater batteries Victron 30amp 3 output battery charger.
- 400w solarpanels on two mppt regulators.
Deck & Hull
- Standing hight in both hulls.
- Entire boat is finished with smooth nonslip two component surface paint with added fine sand.
Sails & Rigging
- Square top, fully battened radial cut main sail 2019, hardly used.
- Furling radial cut genoa 2019.
- New forestay and Furlex 204s furling system.
- 6x Antal st racing w44r winches.
- 2x Anderson 28st winches, one of them electric for halyard etc.
- 1x spinnaker, old but useful.
Engines & Mechanical
- 2x 18hp Lombardini engines, fully serviced.
- Saildrives serviced with new rubber gaskets.
- Inflatable Gala dingy with aluminium hull.
- Yamaha 9.9hp 2stroke engine in very good condition.
- 12 inch Raymarine chart plotter.
- 4 person liferaft, not currently certified.
Anchor & Docking
- 20kg Rocna anchor, with 30mx10mm chain.
- Chain, rope, Chum and Bridel.
- Fenders and docking lines
- 220v AC outputs through out the hulls and salon.
- 4kw diesel heater.
- Lots of spare parts: mechanical, electrical and teak & carbon materials.