S/V Cracker Jack is a 1987 Banshee, Richard Wood Banshee, built by Palamos Boat Build Ltd, in England. She is a 35′ cruiser/ racer catamaran with lowered coach roof for less windage. She has a 3/4 sloop rig with full batten main. roller furling jib, spinnaker with sock, two dagger boards, 7 winches with two self-tailing. Open netting forward between hulls and aft behind cockpit area. Rigged frame bimini.
A center nacelle with a 50 HP Honda outboard in cockpit area. The hulls solid glass below waterline and foam cored all above. She is tiller steered. The original LOA is 35′, but the transoms have been extended 18″ to 36 1/2′.
One of the principal design features of the Banshee design is her great 20′ 6″ beam; this has a number of advantages, not least of which is less wave interaction between the hulls, much improved stability and, of course, more spacious accommodation than other multihull designs which stick to the more traditional 1:2 beam/length ratio. The hull shape is broadly a soft V, with rounded underwater sections and a knuckle in the topsides a foot or so above the waterline intended to cut down spray as well as increase panel strength and internal volume. The slightly veed shape, combined with ample freeboard, an attractive sheerline and bow overhang, gives the Banshee good seakeeping qualities and as with all Woods designs, she is built to go fast, and to point well.
Standup headroom is 6′ 6″ in hulls with a queen berth forward in each hull. There are two berths aft all with sitting headroom. A galley in starboard hull and head area in port hull. Large U shaped table in saloon which has 4’6″ headroom.
Located in Apollo Beach, Florida outside of Tampa. Health condition reason for selling. Selling AS IS, Firm
Note: This is a Project boat … Boat has set on mooring for last 6 years and not often sailed. She needs some cosmetic work, replacement of some running rigging, replacement of tricolor at masthead. Instruments not working and need replacing. Chart table in saloon area has been replaced with a propane/electric refrigerator/freezer and a propane water heater in shower area. Structurally she is sound, but she needs bottom paint.
|Catamaran Name:||S/V Cracker Jack|
|Builder:||Palamos Boat Build In England|
|Construction:||Solid glass below waterline and foam cored all above|
|Loa:||Transoms have been extended 18" to 36 1/2'.|
|Draft:||1'6"boards up and 5'7" boards down|
|Fuel Tanks:||2-12gal plastic tanks|
|Water Tanks:||40 gal. fresh water tank under aft berth in starboard hull|
|Holding Tanks:||2-6 gal plastic tanks|
|Engines:||50 HP Honda outboard|
|Sails:||Full batten main
Roller furling jib
Spinnaker with sock
- Hulls solid glass below waterline and foam cored all above
- Open netting forward between hulls and aft behind cockpit area.
- 4 staterooms (2 queens & 2 doubles)
- cove bins and also hanging locker in queen
- Standup headroom 6'6" in hulls with a queen berth forward in each hull
- Two berths aft, all with sitting headroom.
- Galley in starboard hull and head area in port hull.
- Large U shaped table in saloon which has 4'6" headroom.
- (can seat 8) w/ storage under seats.
- Fans in all staterooms, head, galley and saloon.
- 1 counter top w/ storage under
- 1 large sliding hatch w/ portlight
- Head (port hull)
- 1 S.S. sink w/ pressured water and foot pump
- 1 propane on-demand hot water heater w/ shower head (needs work)
- 1 manuel head
- 1 shower sump w/ manuel pump out
- 2 3 way values to bladder holding tank
- 1 manuel bilge pump for holding tank
- Pressure water
- 1 2 burner Princess propane stove
- 1 propane oven
- 1 double S.S. sink
- Chart table in saloon area has been replaced with a propane/electric refrigerator/freezer
- 1 pressured & foot pump fresh water, & salt water foot pump
- 1 water filter on pressurized tap
- 1 7 cu. ft. propane & 110v electric refri./freezer (in saloon area)
- 1 propane switch
- 1 Safe-T-Alert detector
- Rigid bimini frame with dodger enclosure over hatch area.
- Mosquito netting to cover cockpit area.
- Tiller steered.
- 2 swivel helm seats
- 2 large cockpit bench seats w/ cushions & storage under
- 1 engine remote controls
- 1 Nexus Tri-Data instrument (wind, speed, compass, depth) (only depth working)
- 1 Standard Horizon depth finder
- 1 Icom VHF w/ external cockpit speaker
- 1 ST 4000 Autohelm autopilot w/ remote
- 2 Plastimo bulkhead compasses
- VHF radio
- AM/FM radio
- 1 Link10 battery monitor
- 1 1000 watt Heart inverter (not working)
- 2 55 watt solar panels
- 1 pole mounted wind generator
- 1 11 circuit instrument panel
- 7 12v fans
- 1 2 speed 12v exhaust fan
- 1 group 27 12v battery ( set up for 2 batteries
- 1 Davis 12v portable anchor light
- 1 masthead tri-color w/ anchor light (have but needs installing)
- 1 masthead mounted VHF antenna (needs replacing)
- 1 pole mounted AM/FM antenna
- 1 12v fresh water pump
Deck & Hull
- 1 large fixed bimini top w/ grab rail
- fore & aft trampoline
- 1 4 panel dodger w/ screen
- 1 large fitted mosquito net that covers entire cockpit bimini
- 1 S.S.gas grill
- 2 pushpit sling seats
- 1 20# propane tank located in aft starboard hull. (room for 2)
- 4 large hatches located overhead in staterooms
- 2 small hatches, 1 each in galley and head area
- 4 deck vents
Sails & Rigging
- 1 Dacron full batten main sail
- 1 Dacron 110% jib on Harken roller furler
- 1 Dacron staysail
- 1 Asymmetrical spinnaker w/ ATN sock
- 1 Lewmar 12' mainsail traveler
- 5 Lewmar 40 winches
- 2 Lewmar 43 self-tailing winches
- 20 rope clutches
- 2 barber haulers for jib
- (all lines lead cockpit)
Engines & Mechanical
- 1 50 hp Honda outboard mounted in center nacelle
- 2 12 gal. tanks & 2- 6 gal tanks located under cockpit seats
- 1 10' RIB dinghy
- 1 8 hp Nissan outboard for dinghy
- 1 dinghy tow
- 1 boat hook
- 4 fire extinguishers
- 1 horn
- 1 outdated flare kit
- 10 life vest
- 1 S.S. boarding ladder
Anchor & Docking
- 1 Fortress anchor w/ 125' rode
- 1 CQR w/150' rode
- 1 Bruce anchor w/ 125' rode
- 1 20# anchor